• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - Beta Phase 4 Aug 16-19. [open beta now over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
is this a joke
17->19 OBT AND headstart is just three days
GOD-DAMN-IT

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Open Beta a stress test where disasters will occur, Early Access is barely a couple days?

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, it's pretty much the worst outcome for us. I guess further beta adjustments weren't really necessary, so they just put it out there for a few days to keep their promise.

Steroyd

rkWnsn5.jpg

I'm going to a 30th birthday party that weekend, godfuckingdamnit!

he'd understand if I canceled right?

theta11

Did people really expect a week of open beta that was also game time that counted?

This was the main reason I was skeptical.

Welp, it's pretty much the worst outcome for us. I guess further beta adjustments weren't really necessary, so they just put it out there for a few days to keep their promise.

In one of the earlier live letters I think he said something along the lines that phase 4 was going to act more like a trial and maybe in about 6 months down the line there were going to do something similar again.

Riposte

The amount of salt over there is going to be crazy.

There is going to be salt here too lol.

I don't care if the cap is level 20 (for new characters, anyway), but I want to test PvP. I hope they didn't reverse their plans on that.

SleazyC

The only good thing about the open beta starting on the 16th (for phase 3 players) is that I have enough time to put in the new parts I bought for my PC, overclock and stress test them in time.

desu

Wow, what a horrible joke ... guess I was expecting too much from them. Hopefully phase 4/official start will go well server wise.

Bento

Does anyone know if there will be a way to get into the early access through a PSN purchase? Will we be able to preorder the game through there as well?

cap 20 for phase 4.

Did I say smelling the rage? It's actually a full riot by now.

Oh noes....people can't power level to 25 to make their Free Company in the open beta.

I guess I really don't know what people expected. Would I like to play the game sooner and longer? Absolutely. But they could have given us NOTHING early (i.e. never offered early access), not counted time during the open beta, and just been like "Game is out on the 27th, play it then." But because they're giving us early time, it sucks because they're not giving us MORE early time.

Logic!

Oh noes....people can't power level to 25 to make their Free Company in the open beta.

I guess I really don't know what people expected. Would I like to play the game sooner and longer? Absolutely. But they could have given us NOTHING early (i.e. never offered early access), not counted time during the open beta, and just been like "Game is out on the 27th, play it then." But because they're giving us early time, it sucks because they're not giving us MORE early time.

Logic!

Actually makes lot of sense, but you can't ask that for a lot of 1.0 - Legacy players lol

Vestal

Gold Member
Well this is very disappointing.

I understand their confidence in regards to the servers since the underlying network code had already been tested back in 1.0. Having said that, I was still hoping they would do a 1 week open beta, to get more people through the game and clear out any remaining bugs that can crop up..

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Logic!

We expected this:
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf

See where is says phase 4 1 -2 weeks?

If your logic is so much more sound, why would the game developers consider a 1-2 week open beta where character data transfers over in the first place?

Aeana

He was really quick to say that it's a DPS class, not a healer. So I guess only once you switch to scholar, it becomes kind of a healer? Sad times. I think that means I'll level conjurer first in order to have cure and such on arcanist.

dwix

Shocked OB is so short, but oh well. Glad we are getting to see Arcanist in phase 4, and I also think its smart to cap at 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom