• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I was going to say "There's still all the beast tribe land nobody cares about for an expansion!!" but apparently there's a lot of people who care about the Ixalis I missed.

Who's ready for the Sylph expansion.
You know i thought garuga was the primal of of the sylphs but its just some old thundercloud dude. I dont know what to expect anymore.

IvorB

They didn't specifically talk about making jobs easier accross the board but reevaluating some job difficulties, most likely ditching some buff juggling.

Which makes sense because not every fucking DPS needs its own version of Greased Lightning.

It only makes sense if you think making jobs easier/more boring to play is a good idea.

I took it to mean they aren't going to keep adding shit like enochian. Basically skills, that require you to keep them up in order to reach your true dps potential which can be tough when you have constant dance mechanics in raids. They aren't going back and nerfing anything, just keeping it in mind when designing what gets added later.

So are they talking about their design philosophy for new skills going forward or are they talking about going back and changing the way the jobs play now? Those are two very different concepts...

I just want my movement as a brd back ._. That's why I quit the game. After some time without playing I just bought a month to look into it again.

And would you mind linking the post that made you write this :)?

Well bard is a special case unfortunately... I'll try find the thing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What are people doing to get gp for that fenrir mount? Getting lucky with cacpot?

Knowing that you spend cash money to get sleipnir mount really devalues it for me.
The payout for the TT tournament is pretty good if you can get into the top 10.

It only makes sense if you think making jobs easier/more boring to play is a good idea.

So are they talking about their design philosophy for new skills going forward or are they talking about going back and changing the way the jobs play now? Those are two very different concepts...
Pretty sure they've said it was regarding the new actions we're getting on 4.0, but considering how 3.0 changed how jobs played that might as well be the same thing.

Village

Give me male dreadlocks dude, or a shave fut for the Au Ra , all I want. cross class armor styles as rewards for doing multiple things.

I'm still waiting on job specific victory poses. Generic emotes still feel out of place.

Already in the game, They came in 3.2, if I remember correctly, as a reward from a Main Scenario Quest. That and the /battlestance one (I see them as they way your character would start and end the battle if this was a classic Final fantasy). I don't know why they still don't use them when fishing a duty...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUORiAqd_Wc (after seing this video, I noticed male and female characters differ sightly in almost all poses)

SOLDIER

Just installed Heavensward on the PS4 version, just so I can enjoy some of the activities with the convenience of playing it on console.

I think I heard something about a new option that adds double cross bars on screen? Is that the case? The one thing that's been holding me back from playing on console more is hotkey all of my job abilities so that I don't struggle in the middle of a fight to remember where I put a crucial ability. As it stands, I've had to put all the abilities on two sets of hotbars, where switching between them adds to the cumbersome nature of controller vs m/kb.

aceface

Just installed Heavensward on the PS4 version, just so I can enjoy some of the activities with the convenience of playing it on console.

I think I heard something about a new option that adds double cross bars on screen? Is that the case? The one thing that's been holding me back from playing on console more is hotkey all of my job abilities so that I don't struggle in the middle of a fight to remember where I put a crucial ability. As it stands, I've had to put all the abilities on two sets of hotbars, where switching between them adds to the cumbersome nature of controller vs m/kb.

Enable expanded hotbars. It's somewhere in the character settings menu. Then, you can bring up a New hotbar by holding R2 and L2 together. You should be able to get all the job abilities you'll need in the heat of battle on two hotbars.

SOLDIER

Thanks.

Is there also a controller shortcut for turning off all the UI elements? It would come in handy for taking screenshots.

IvorB

Pretty sure they've said it was regarding the new actions we're getting on 4.0, but considering how 3.0 changed how jobs played that might as well be the same thing.

Oh, if it's that then that's not too bad. I thought they were planing to go back and simplify the 1-60 skill set.

RPGCrazied

Ok, I have a problem. So my computer died, and getting a new better one this week. I've already downloaded WoW on flash drive to transfer over, but for the life of me I can not get FF XIV installed.

I download the client, it starts to download, gets 550 or so megs before it says cannot update patch files with a bunch of numbers in brackets and then closes. I've tried doing this on 2 different places. Get the same message. I do not have the XIV PC discs anymore, but still have heavenward DVD.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Qvoth

whenever i get some update problem, it's usually because of internet problems
my advice would be take note of the error code and google it

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
When is that book they announced during the 14-hour being released?

I really want it for some lore.
They said they would try to have it ready for NA Fan Fest (Oct) when they originally announced it. Wouldn't be surprised though if it's only sold on site at release and people who can't attend have to wait till December or early next year to get a copy from the SE web store.

God dammit. I have been trying to get better gear for my dragoon since I'm really behind and just finished weeping city for the week and accidentally hit greed on summoner gloves when I meant to pass... At least I'm leveling up summoner anyway so I'll use it soon but damn that sucked

Redx508

God dammit. I have been trying to get better gear for my dragoon since I'm really behind and just finished weeping city for the week and accidentally hit greed on summoner gloves when I meant to pass... At least I'm leveling up summoner anyway so I'll use it soon but damn that sucked

that sucks

Pachimari

Just read the online powerpoints. They will teach what the heavensward truly means.

Where can I find these online powerpoints?

They said they would try to have it ready for NA Fan Fest (Oct) when they originally announced it. Wouldn't be surprised though if it's only sold on site at release and people who can't attend have to wait till December or early next year to get a copy from the SE web store.

As long as I will be able to buy it someday, I'll be fine. :)

Garlador

Just cleared The Final Steps of Faith...

... I am dreading the Extreme mode of this. It took three hours and even then our group barely survived it.

Great time though. This game's story, man...

Just cleared The Final Steps of Faith...

... I am dreading the Extreme mode of this. It took three hours and even then our group barely survived it.

Great time though. This game's story, man...
Nidhogg EX is probably the second easiest EX Trial in the game, ARR included.

RPGCrazied

Here is the error. Its driving me nuts. Are they seriously making me buy the Realm Reborn discs again??

error.png

RPGCrazied

Sorry if this sounds stupid but is it being allowed through your firewall?

There isn't one on this dinky PC I'm on. But it downloaded some, then errored out. And looking at their forums, seems like I'm not the only one. And seems like its doing this to PS4 users too.

dramatis

If you can't download the patch files, it's not likely that buying ARR again will solve your problem.

Looks like it's a pretty common error. Various solutions suggested changing to Google DNS, or using a VPN.

Hey guys, I'm a bit slow with making progress in the game, and just got to Idyllshire. I just got my PLD to 60, but most of my gear is the HQ ilvl145 stuff (I just bought on marketboard since I get money from selling mining stuff and random knickknacks). Hoping you guys can give me some advice on what's the fastest way for gear progression since it seems things are gated (outside of raising 6million gil and buying i220 gear)

- I'm currently doing the Alexandrite quest for my relic weapon. The books were a pain to grind through, though it did force me to go through some optional dungeons I hadn't done before. I was farming alexandrite doing the goblin mines fates and got like 15 in a few hours. I haven't done the daily lvl 50 roulette yet since I'm not familiar with a lot of the hard level dungeons on the list and don't want to drag down groups. Is farming alexandrite in the mines worth it? Is it even worth trying to do the relic weapons at this point or wait until I finish regular content and come back to it?

- Should I be trying to farm esoterics at this point to get i200 gear? Or should I wait until I finish Heavensward and start doing dungeon looting to slowly increment my gear?

- I'm also just about lvl51-52 on all my DoH/DoL classes, should I try getting those guys to lvl60 and synthing my stuff instead?

Sorry for the questions, The Vault was the first dungeon in awhile where I couldn't just buy my way into having OP gear and there were a few close calls. The enemies just before Idyllshire were hitting me hard too and I wasn't doing much damage to them without my chocobo, so I'm looking for a way to get my power discrepancy back :)

dramatis

Hey guys, I'm a bit slow with making progress in the game, and just got to Idyllshire. I just got my PLD to 60, but most of my gear is the HQ ilvl145 stuff (I just bought on marketboard since I get money from selling mining stuff and random knickknacks). Hoping you guys can give me some advice on what's the fastest way for gear progression since it seems things are gated (outside of raising 6million gil and buying i220 gear)

- I'm currently doing the Alexandrite quest for my relic weapon. The books were a pain to grind through, though it did force me to go through some optional dungeons I hadn't done before. I was farming alexandrite doing the goblin mines fates and got like 15 in a few hours. I haven't done the daily lvl 50 roulette yet since I'm not familiar with a lot of the hard level dungeons on the list and don't want to drag down groups. Is farming alexandrite in the mines worth it? Is it even worth trying to do the relic weapons at this point or wait until I finish regular content and come back to it?

- Should I be trying to farm esoterics at this point to get i200 gear? Or should I wait until I finish Heavensward and start doing dungeon looting to slowly increment my gear?

- I'm also just about lvl51-52 on all my DoH/DoL classes, should I try getting those guys to lvl60 and synthing my stuff instead?

Sorry for the questions, The Vault was the first dungeon in awhile where I couldn't just buy my way into having OP gear and there were a few close calls. The enemies just before Idyllshire were hitting me hard too and I wasn't doing much damage to them without my chocobo, so I'm looking for a way to get my power discrepancy back :)
The best way is just to combine things.

There's a merchant in Idyllshire that sells gear. Here you spend gil.

You can buy different pieces using esoterics at the esoterics exchange.

There are also equipment drops in the upcoming library dungeon (i148) if you don't have gil or eso.

You can also hunt marks (Ishgard, board by the inn place), which will get you Centurio Seals that can be traded for i170 gear.

Ideally you finish up the story and slowly work your way through the post-game dungeons, which will definitely net you a stash of eso/law to trade for gear as you go. They also drop gear.

Opening up the 24-man raid, Void Ark, will allow you to snag gear from there too. But there are no accessories from this instance.

The best way is just to combine things.

There's a merchant in Idyllshire that sells gear. Here you spend gil.

You can buy different pieces using esoterics at the esoterics exchange.

There are also equipment drops in the upcoming library dungeon (i148) if you don't have gil or eso.

You can also hunt marks (Ishgard, board by the inn place), which will get you Centurio Seals that can be traded for i170 gear.

Ideally you finish up the story and slowly work your way through the post-game dungeons, which will definitely net you a stash of eso/law to trade for gear as you go. They also drop gear.

Opening up the 24-man raid, Void Ark, will allow you to snag gear from there too. But there are no accessories from this instance.

Many thanks, it looks like I'll just continue the main story line until that finishes up and hope to get some decent gear along the way.

RPGCrazied

Tried unplugging/replugging your modem and wireless router (if you use one)?

Tried that, didn't work.

If you can't download the patch files, it's not likely that buying ARR again will solve your problem.

Looks like it's a pretty common error. Various solutions suggested changing to Google DNS, or using a VPN.

Any recommendations? I see a lot of them either speed capped(way to slow to download 30gig, and limit capped, not enough to download the client)

WolvenOne

So, new patch hits near the end of September right? I might resub near the middle of the month then, assuming I'm not crazy busy. *Knocks on wood*

RPGCrazied

Now I tried the google dns ipv6 too, just did the ipv4 one. Got passed the 550mb mark with fast speeds, but now its going very very slow. lol

Time Remaining: Unknown

RPGCrazied

This is so weird. Still no errors, almost 800mb, but it seems like it wants to speed up only to slow down to a crawl.

Oh well, this might have fixed it the Google DNS thing, but its making it slow.

Redx508

This is so weird. Still no errors, almost 800mb, but it seems like it wants to speed up only to slow down to a crawl.

Oh well, this might have fixed it the Google DNS thing, but its making it slow.

using the Google DNS won't make your internet speed slower. So it's probably the SE servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom