• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Ozigizo

I don't know what I expected trying to play over the weekend. I got dc'd out of a dungeon only to find a 4000 person queue on Balmung. I really hope something comes through soon.

yami4ct

Everyone is rushing to play SB and I'm just happily leveling my Astrologian because I'm having fun and it's somehow overshadowing my enthusiasm to push the story forward. Well, I'm always happy to take these things at my own pace anyway.

I've said 'tomorrow is the day I get AST to 60' for like 5 days now but now I'm pretty sure tomorrow is the day.

Everyone is rushing to play SB and I'm just happily leveling my Astrologian because I'm having fun and it's somehow overshadowing my enthusiasm to push the story forward. Well, I'm always happy to take these things at my own pace anyway.

I've said 'tomorrow is the day I get AST to 60' for like 5 days now but now I'm pretty sure tomorrow is the day.

Yeah same. I spent the last few days grinding Red Mage. I mean I might even grind Samurai. I'm avoiding anything I have below 50 until Tuesday.

Marcel

I don't know what I expected trying to play over the weekend. I got dc'd out of a dungeon only to find a 4000 person queue on Balmung. I really hope something comes through soon.

8DMPYvg.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
DF popped for Sirensong Sea, which then promptly hit me with a 90k while trying to enter. Haven't been able to log back in since. Ah, the joys of early access.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I just met Gyodo in the story and need to know when we'll get a wind-up Gyodo.

Best character in the game.

HE SQUEAKS WHEN HE WALKS

So the whole Square Enix account system is really confusing and I need some help.

Years ago, I bought FF14 on steam and played it for a bit. I have since forgotten my password and ID, and SE's stupid system can't seem to decide whether my email address is linked to a SE account or not, and given how my characters are all pretty low level, I can't be bothered wasting my limited free time sorting through SE's bullshit and would rather just start up a fresh SE account.

However, since my copy of FF14 was bought via steam and is already linked to my old account, I can't log on using my new account. Is there a way to link my new account to the copy I have on steam? If there isn't, what do I do here, as I can't buy another copy via the steam store.

erawsd

I can't remember during the launch of ARR and 90k issue but did square compensate us with more game time back then?

I think so, although i feel like the issues persisted for a couple of weeks and there were multiple maintenances that consumed most of the day.

Makki

"Just one more Instance and I'll go to bed"
Fuck you SE... I tried yesterday and today to not do anything that would put me in an instance and still managed to sour my days when I absolutely had to enter one for Story completion even at ARR parts on alts.

Foxxsoxx

So the whole Square Enix account system is really confusing and I need some help.

Years ago, I bought FF14 on steam and played it for a bit. I have since forgotten my password and ID, and SE's stupid system can't seem to decide whether my email address is linked to a SE account or not, and given how my characters are all pretty low level, I can't be bothered wasting my limited free time sorting through SE's bullshit and would rather just start up a fresh SE account.

However, since my copy of FF14 was bought via steam and is already linked to my old account, I can't log on using my new account. Is there a way to link my new account to the copy I have on steam? If there isn't, what do I do here, as I can't buy another copy via the steam store.

No idea about the PC side of things but I had a similar problem and had a hell of an issue getting my account info back.

You can try and contact SE support off the website and do a live chat, that's what got my account back. I wouldn't bother with the emails though they're useless.

duckroll

Your best bet at this point is to ignore Steam entirely, and buy a Windows copy from the cheapest place available right now. Steam FFXIV is locked to Steam. So if you stick with that you can only buy expansions from Steam after that. If you see a better deal on GOG or Amazon or whatever, you can't use those keys with your Steam version.

Yes, S-E Accounts are that messed up.

No idea about the PC side of things but I had a similar problem and had a hell of an issue getting my account info back.

You can try and contact SE support off the website and do a live chat, that's what got my account back. I wouldn't bother with the emails though they're useless.

Your best bet at this point is to ignore Steam entirely, and buy a Windows copy from the cheapest place available right now. Steam FFXIV is locked to Steam. So if you stick with that you can only buy expansions from Steam after that. If you see a better deal on GOG or Amazon or whatever, you can't use those keys with your Steam version.

Yes, S-E Accounts are that messed up.

Thanks for the help guys!

Also, Jesus fucking Christ, did SE revive someone who was frozen in the late 90s and get them to develop their account system? Like how on earth does this fucking thing exist in 2017?

duckroll

Thanks for the help guys!

Also, Jesus fucking Christ, did SE revive someone who was frozen in the late 90s and get them to develop their account system? Like how on earth does this fucking thing exist in 2017?

No they didn't revive anyone. Someone in the late 90s probably developed this system, and they're still using it. Or something. Lmao.

There's a Complete Edition going for 60 bucks (or less if you can find a discount somewhere or a coupon) which includes ARR, HW, and SB. If you're interested in going all in.

Orcastar

Still on the fence about jumping back in for Stormblood, haven't played the game since late 2015. Reading this thread makes me glad I didn't preorder.

as a new adventurer is palace of the dead something I should do.....or wait till I clear the story the first time through and level my alt classes with it?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I didn't pre-order, just resubbed. No point for me to get SB yet until I get through HW content.
Unless you're interested in that SAM/RDM hotness!
as a new adventurer is palace of the dead something I should do.....or wait till I clear the story the first time through and level my alt classes with it?
I'd say whenever you need more experience points to get to the next msq, jump to PotD for a run or two. Beats doing most dull ARR sidequests or grinding FATEs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Azim

The notmongolians are kind of silly in that they make a big deal about being nomadic but they have a massive "throne" and apparently complex architecture? Yeah right.

Azim Steppe spoilers:

I just finished it.

What a stupid title. Are you kidding me? "Steppe Warrior"? I fully expected Khagan, since THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE CALLS ME NOW. Missed opportunity.

That duty is legit, though. That was a lot of fun. Onward to Doma!

After the first to days my hype was killed completely. I heard the game was fixed but I just ended up playing metroid. I finally picked it back up and my hype jumped through the roof, I'm loving this expansion.

Wait so they didn't fix cold steel? I was able to just walk up and finish the instance a few hours ago. I'm on Gilgamesh.

Imo POTD is by far the fastest way to level DPS. People say pvp is better 60-70 tho.

Top Bottom