• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gamescom Schedule, features 17+ 2-hour Duscae LPs and an ATR

faridmon

This is hilarious, but on the hand, I really hope they show off new areas and have all new information available. Its way overdue for those things.

This is hilarious, but on the hand, I really hope they show off new areas and have all new information available. Its way overdue for those things.

There's no question that ATR is going to be new shit. It's just the Duscae playing that should be of no interest to those of us that already played the demo.

Vitanimus

let me start posting vague posts too
bts_lina.gif

I'm not sure why people are so anxious to see new shit. If we see Duscae again but they announce a release date, I'd be completely fine with that. Experiencing these new areas, monsters, story cutscenes, etc. while actually playing the game is way better. If all we want is assurance that this game is making progress, I would see committing to a release date next year as a very sure sign of that.

EloKa

Tabata said around TGS last year they had already.

and the date is something before 1st september 2016 (or they couldn't get FFXV registered for the gamescom awards).
At the current state we just do not know if they plan to keep this date as a deadline or if it just some random number or if delays may still happen.

Ray Down

Banned
and the date is something before 1st september 2016 (or they couldn't get FFXV registered for the gamescom awards).
At the current state we just do not know if they plan to keep this date as a deadline or if it just some random number or if delays may still happen.

Considering there starting off a year of marketing on the 5th with the live ATR and a lot of info dumping, SE is pretty confident/clear that fall next year is when the game will release.

Something big would have to come up to move it from that date.

Do we know that they registered FFXV for the Gamescom awards?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Considering there starting off a year of marketing on the 5th with the live ATR and a lot of info dumping, SE is pretty confident/clear that fall next year is when the game will release.

Something big would have to come up to move it from that date.

And also consider SE typically do one year media cycles for a lot of their games. FFXIV ARR, XIII-2, LR and Type-0 PSP all had a year or close to it.

Ray Down

Banned
And also consider SE typically do one year media cycles for a lot of their games. FFXIV ARR, XIII-2, LR and Type-0 PSP all had a year or close to it.

That too.

Any idea what there going to show Kagari?

Like new areas, story bits, magic, etc?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I also believe this is a spring 2016 title, worse case start of summer (end of June). Last time they showed the game was in a form of a fully playable 3hr demo with everything more or less working fine (we know polishing happens at the last). And that was in March. With material probably ready months before just packaged as DEMO. They had more than 1,5 yr and half since there with a projection of march-june release and it'll be awkard finding out that a team of possibly 300-500 men-power can't release a RPG within this timeframe. Especially when announcing a big blowout of info at this coming gamescom (as if saying "be ready, it's coming!" and with FF7remake, Dq11, deus ex and Kh3 and more titles on the pipeline. They need to release this game soon.

Can you imagine the reaction if KHIII comes out in the first half of 2016 and FFXV comes out in the second half? That would be fucking hilarious.
Not if it ain't done, Perfo. ;)

There is a lot riding on this game. I honestly can't even imagine the fallout if this game releases half-baked.
Basically. Everyone is all happy about the "return" of Square, but they need to hit it out of the park with this game to make sure people keep that mindset, and I'm sure they know it.

LAA

Can you imagine the reaction if KHIII comes out in the first half of 2016 and FFXV comes out in the second half? That would be fucking hilarious.

Basically. Everyone is all happy about the "return" of Square, but they need to hit it out of the park with this game to make sure people keep that mindset, and I'm sure they know it.

Nomura did say a while ago FFXV was more likely to come out before KH3, so maybe switch them around and that could be possible? Would be fucking awesome if that happened though yeah for sure. Both of them are games I bought the PS4 mainly for.

Socivol

I'm not sure why people are so anxious to see new shit. If we see Duscae again but they announce a release date, I'd be completely fine with that. Experiencing these new areas, monsters, story cutscenes, etc. while actually playing the game is way better. If all we want is assurance that this game is making progress, I would see committing to a release date next year as a very sure sign of that.

I really want them to introduce the characters that we saw renders for 2+ years ago. It's ridiculous that we don't know anything about so many characters they have shown already.

And they will, no doubt. This game is so far from finished, it isn't even funny.

How is over 60% done (potentially jumping to 80% soon) 'far' from finished?

Everything is whiteboxed, they've been QA testing the entire game "It's hard to clear in 40 hours" Remember that quote?

It's mainly only mass enviro asset creation/implementation, polish, and performance/QA testing at this point.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
How is over 60% done (potentially jumping to 80% soon) 'far' from finished?

Everything is whiteboxed, they've been QA testing the entire game "It's hard to clear in 40 hours" Remember that quote?

It's mainly only mass enviro asset creation/implementation, polish, and performance/QA testing at this point.

Don't put so much stock in those percents.

Wagram

Fall seems like a decent slot to me, because that should allow them more than enough time to adequately polish and QA test the shit out of this. I don't want a Bethesda style release where they ship it out without giving a fuck about the bugs or technical aspects (ex. framerate). This is FF and I hold it to very high standards when it comes to polish, and since this is a more open game, it needs more extensive testing.

Nothing will ever top the classic from late 2006 (?):

FFXIII: 13% complete
FFvsXIII: 1.3% complete
FFAgitoXIII: .13% complete

Square was hard-trolling back then. :p

TheTux

Nothing will ever top the classic from late 2006 (?):

FFXIII: 13% complete
FFvsXIII: 1.3% complete
FFAgitoXIII: .13% complete

Square was hard-trolling back then. :p

Yeah that 1.3% is so good. They're trollmasters even now, remember the FF VII PS4 announcement?

Ray Down

Banned
I really want them to introduce the characters that we saw renders for 2+ years ago. It's ridiculous that we don't know anything about so many characters they have shown already.

We know a little about some of the characters they shown, but honestly it might be good we haven't gotten much yet considering SE tendency to spoil things just look at some of the FF13 trailers.

Socivol

We know a little about some of the characters they shown, but honestly it might be good we haven't gotten much yet considering SE tendency to spoil things just look at some of the FF13 trailers.

Outside of the main party we really don't know much about any of the characters. At least giving us names so that we could address them properly would be nice.

Ray Down

Banned
Outside of the main party we really don't know much about any of the characters. At least giving us names so that we could address them properly would be nice.

We have some idea and one name:

Cor- Head of King- Regis retnu (main guards) "The Immortal Shogun"
King Idola Aldercap- Emperior of Niflheim, came for the crystal and most likely slayer of Regis
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret- Princess of Tenebrae and seems to be taking residence in Altissia.

The old guy is a general of Niflheim and the purple hair guy in Reno :p

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so they lost the original assets for FFX and got them back. I still don't see them using creature assets from one new project to the next say FFXV to FFXVI, just cause. If there was an XV-2 I would be fine with that happening as long as it's in the same sub series OR if it were to be added to the mmo for events.

The titles you mentioned I know are just examples, but 10-2 and the following XIII games were such poor efforts. Explain to me how you claim that reusing assets allows the game to be developed easier so they can focus on story when.. the story in the sequels of XIII were horrid, and X-2 just devolved into a jpop, even if the gameplay were good. How often have quickly made sequels ever been good overall? Good games still take time as evidenced from past releases.

I wouldn't worry too much of Square I don't think it's embarrassing at all, they are constantly trying to innovate, more over than the smaller companies who are making JRPGS on a COD level basis. Even though we all lost hope at one point it would always be deep inside some of us to believe that the company that captured our childhoods, would make an amazing future for gaming, and it is coming to that point where the quality I see from FFXV is industry defining level no questions there.

The sequels definitely didn't get the same budget nor manpower as compared to the main games. And X-2 was a really good game if you are willing to look beyond the JPOP, which was like 2 scenes in the whole game.

ViciousDS

Banned
Need more Lestallum.

ddanhkrklq.gif

true that! The design of that city is so beautiful and the lighting details they showed off moving lamp posts around was amazing. The engine they are building is absolutely incredible. Once its finished, I really hope it gives them the complete tool set to start pumping out mainstream FF's every two years again.

Socivol

We have some idea and one name:

Cor- Head of King- Regis retnu (main guards) "The Immortal Shogun"
King Idola Aldercap- Emperior of Niflheim, came for the crystal and most likely slayer of Regis
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret- Princess of Tenebrae and seems to be taking residence in Altissia.

The old guy is a general of Niflheim and the purple hair guy in Reno :p

What's the name of the hooded guy we saw 2 years ago? Or the Burgandy haired guy? Or the guy walking in front of the army? Or the black haired girl? Or the guy that looks similar to Regis?

Also, Luna wasn't even introduced in the E3 trailer. The point is why did they show us renders of those characters if they weren't going to formally introduce them. It's kind of annoying. The roll out of info on this game outside of Duscae has been really poorly handled, and even things we have seen we don't know if they are going to be in the game like the Leviathan battle.

Arkeband

Banned
What's the name of the hooded guy we saw 2 years ago? Or the Burgandy haired guy? Or the guy walking in front of the army? Or the black haired girl? Or the guy that looks similar to Regis?

Also, Luna wasn't even introduced in the E3 trailer. The point is why did they show us renders of those characters if they weren't going to formally introduce them. It's kind of annoying. The roll out of info on this game outside of Duscae has been really poorly handled, and even things we have seen we don't know if they are going to be in the game like the Leviathan battle.

The odds of them junking all of the assets that seem to be involved in the Leviathan setpiece are slim to none.

Top Bottom