• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Gamescom Schedule, features 17+ 2-hour Duscae LPs and an ATR

Asd202

CLdrboMW8AEILKv.jpg:large

It's almost here...

Jigolo

"We're honored and delighted to show you Episode Duscae 3.0! We wanted to show the improvements we've made in this demo of Final Fantasy 15. Thanks to your continued feedback, we've been listening and made a few changes to the game such as.....

Thank you all again, we'll have more news on Final Fantasy 15 later this year!"

"We're honored and delighted to show you Episode Duscae 3.0! We wanted to show the improvements we've made in this demo of Final Fantasy 15. Thanks to your continued feedback, we've been listening and made a few changes to the game such as.....

Thank you all again, we'll have more news on Final Fantasy 15 later this year!"

"Please be excited"

KupoNut

The Gamescom award registration prerequisites state that the game has to release between this and the next Gamescom:

The announced launch date for the game or product in the home market* of the submitting company or in the
German market must be in the year after the relevant gamescom (between gamescom 2015 and gamescom 2016)

So FFXV launches between August 2015 and August 2016?

The Gamescom award registration...

Interesting, but I still don't see this coming out next year. It may be a prerequisite but if they need more time they'll take it, and I frankly find it hard to believe that it'll be out within a year as all they keep showing is the same damn location. If this presentation were something new showing considerable progress it'd be a different story.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Though let's be real, they could submit it either way and it's not like they're going to remove their award for them announcing the game for a later date, assuming they win one.

I thought the gamescom award requirements was just that the release date has to be announced within the next year, not the game actually be releasing?

wmlk

Though let's be real, they could submit it either way and it's not like they're going to remove their award for them announcing the game for a later date, assuming they win one.

IIRC, you can't even be nominated for the same categories next year. Awards be damned.

Interesting, but I still don't see this coming out next year. It may be a prerequisite but if they need more time they'll take it, and I frankly find it hard to believe that it'll be out within a year as all they keep showing is the same damn location. If this presentation were something new showing considerable progress it'd be a different story.

There's not much right now saying that it won't show significant progress. The Duscae LPs aren't even being streamed.

There's not much right now saying that it won't show significant progress. The Duscae LPs aren't even being streamed.

I guess we'll see, but by progress I mean like... the rest of the game. If they've just further polished the Duscae region or even the gameplay, that's still surely like a very small part of the overall game.

Arkeband

Banned
Imagine the Gaf meltdown if they announce the release date as December 2015 haha

I'd be concerned over the quality of the game more than I'd be excited to play it sooner.

The state of the demo leaves much to be desired. I'm not confident that with the big setpieces we've seen glimpses of that anything before Christmas 2016 would produce something I'd walk away from satisfied with.

TheTux

I'd be concerned over the quality of the game more than I'd be excited to play it sooner.

The state of the demo leaves much to be desired. I'm not confident that with the big setpieces we've seen glimpses of that anything before Christmas 2016 would produce something I'd walk away from satisfied with.

Yeah I'd be concerned with the quality too, late 2016 is what I expect (and hope).

In many active time reports Tabata talks about cutting things in order to implement other things and I bet they have a long list of things that would be nice to have but that will be cut due to time restrictions.

It would be nice to have a list of all the things they have cut so far.

Of course XV's development is not only about cutting so I apologize in advance if I have chosen the wrong words.

chozen

How can people still be thinking this is years off?

They had the blueprint for this game for almost a decade now, and to think it will release 3 YEARS after its e3 re-reveal is crazy as is. They already cut out the time consuming features like character switching also. They claim to have been working on it full time since 2012 then thats about a 4 year dev cycle, and as I had stated a while ago you can see they still use existing assets and animations from the ps3 version from way back in 2011 or even earlier.

I think next year is plausible. Let's face it, Duscae didn't change much between 1.0 and 2.0. It was mainly just combat and camera changes that will affect the game in all scenarios. Let's just hope the cities and set pieces are almost done.

Falk

that puzzling face
Basically, 49 hours from this post. GAF should be showing your timezone (unless you're bad at internet)

edit: I'm a few posts late. I guess I'm the one bad at internet!

TheTux

Basically, 49 hours from this post. GAF should be showing your timezone (unless you're bad at internet)

edit: I'm a few posts late. I guess I'm the one bad at internet!

Lol I spent a few minutes wondering why you wrote 23.

"WHAT DOES THIS GUY MEAN?!"

Servbot24

Banned
It would be nice to have a list of all the things they have cut so far.

Of course XV's development is not only about cutting so I apologize in advance if I have chosen the wrong words.

Every game ever made has cut features. It's part of normal development. Don't worry about it.

Dark_castle

Had no doubt that FFXV is 2016.

There is a 2-hour stage show prior to ATR that was unspecified in terms of content. I'm guessing more Episode Duscae by a random streamer? I'm hoping for some raw, unedited gameplay footage of FFXV at a higher level in different place.

TheTux

Every game ever made has cut features. It's part of normal development. Don't worry about it.

Yeah that's a good point, a very good point and to be honest I haven't thought about that.

Maybe I just want to see something new, I never liked the Duscae thing too much to be honest, I only enjoyed seeing the game playable.

Top Bottom