• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
At this point, I'm sure I have to create a LTTP-thread for this game.

And I'm buying this piece of shit on release day.

I fucking despise living in a cunt country like Sweden. Can't wait to finally get the fuck out of this incompetent, bureaucratic shithole.

For the main story at least VI-IX are all easier, I'd actually say that's their biggest flaw for me

I went through the entirety of 12 and absolutely smashed the shit out of every boss and felt way OP. Never struggled at all in the slightest until the end game stuff.

Kefka in FF6
Beatrix in FF9
Seymour Flux in FFX

Each one of those bosses had a battle where the difficulty could easily catch you off guard and actually had challenging strategy. They are simply not easier than 12.

I went through the entirety of 12 and absolutely smashed the shit out of every boss and felt way OP. Never struggled at all in the slightest until the end game stuff.

Kefka in FF6
Beatrix in FF9
Seymour Flux in FFX

Each one of those bosses had a battle where the difficulty could easily catch you off guard and actually had challenging strategy. They are simply not easier than 12.
Seymour on the mountain meant always trouble to me if I hand't grinded before.

Seymour on the mountain meant always trouble to me if I hand't grinded before.

I know it's not in the range of his original 6-9 criteria but yeah Seymour was harder than ANY element of FF12 story.

FF12 was far too easy and with the story being 'evil empire, band of rebels' it was just so forgettable. It looked nice of course but..... lacked alot

I tend to try to avoid grinding these days, but felt the need to in order to face Jecht in FFX. I also don't really do all of the side quests in FF games.

kromeo

Yunalesca with megadeath or whatever it is she uses is bs as well, that's why I didn't include X. Behemoth and those armoured things in sin can also kill you if you're not careful

Difficulty was about the only thing XIII did better than the classics, once you reach pulse at least

If i hover over my order on Simplygames(where it says 'In Progress') it states 'Shipped: Pending Despatch' . Really hoping its sent out by tonight , if not its getting cancelled and im switching to Amazon.

Zedark

I fucking despise living in a cunt country like Sweden. Can't wait to finally get the fuck out of this incompetent, bureaucratic shithole.

That moment when your bubble of frustration with your country bursts when its shops don't ship the game before release date.

I have had many moments of disappointment during the past few days when I would received an email and it turned out not to be a shipping notice for FFXV. Still, blaming it on the shop seems a bit excessive.

Hoo-doo

Banned

I see your priorities in life are in order. I mean fuck living in an amazing country when it means you have to actually wait for release day to get to play your games.

I feel for you, bud.

Venom Fox

Banned
I'll ask again out of desperation and a little frustration. Does anyone know where I can get an early copy around the Manchester area in UK?

AngryNeox

Neo Member
SE Marketing Department:

Lead: "Damn those TV ads are so expensive we barely have any money left. Bill is there anything we can do about that?"
Bill: "Hhhmmm... Let me think... Noctis is a 'Hero', right?"
Lead: "Ehm... yes?"
Bill: "And crossovers are ok?"
Lead: "Yes Bill, we do them all the time."
Bill: "But not like this! I got a brillant idea on how to half the cost!"

-one week later-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlT4p2HF2z4

SE Marketing Department:

Lead: "Damn those TV ads are so expensive we barely have any money left. Bill is there anything we can do about that?"
Bill: "Hhhmmm... Let me think... Noctis is a 'Hero', right?"
Lead: "Ehm... yes?"
Bill: "And crossovers are ok?"
Lead: "Yes Bill, we do them all the time."
Bill: "But not like this! I got a brillant idea on how to half the cost!"

-one week later-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlT4p2HF2z4

I am disappointed. I thought Noctis would appear alongside the other heroes lol This is just a contest to win that horrible Xbox one special edition.

Tyaren

Have you seen today's countdown art? Cindy is actually wearing something! O:

CyBcSVFXgAA1rPH.jpg

Is the day 1 patch already up? I'll get the game tomorrow and wonder whether I'll play an unpatched version until the actual release date or not.

Take a deep fucking breath, dude.

Alpha_eX

Chill dude.

Feep

Banned
Aight. AIGHT.

Chapter NINE, yo.

The story actually starts to move, and then
The Leviathan fight
instantly becomes one of my favorite set pieces of all time. Holy SHIT.

Audioboxer

When are reviews are embargoed until? I think the review thread for this is going to be a bloodbath lol.

I say this as a huge FF fan. I just don't think Square will ever bring the series back to its once lofty heights. My expectations for 15 are rather low.

Mifec

When are reviews are embargoed until? I think the review thread for this is going to be a bloodbath lol.

I say this as a huge FF fan. I just don't think Square will ever bring the series back to its once lofty heights. My expectations for 15 are rather low.

28th, 4 more days.

cackhyena

Holy shit those priorities. And Sweden of all places to complain about lmao.

Audioboxer

Until the 28th.

28th, 4 more days.

If I hadn't pre-ordered this at a fairly cheap price I'd probably cancel and wait for reviews lol. Considering how fast Square games drop in price this will probably be £17.99 like Deus Ex is now a few months later.

Yoshi pls, this isn't a new Souls game. People paying over the odds to play this early are muppets. This is modern day Square, FF15 is not going to meet any lofty expectations.

Demonfang

Banned
May have something for London. I've been told i can collect it tomorrow afternoon. i'll let you all know if it is a success, then i will share the location privately.

HMD

Holy shit Altissia is amazing. Performance is horrible because SO much is happening on your screen but it's goregous.

If I hadn't pre-ordered this at a fairly cheap price I'd probably cancel and wait for reviews lol. Considering how fast Square games drop in price this will probably be £17.99 like Deus Ex is now a few months later.

Yoshi pls, this isn't a new Souls game. People paying over the odds to play this early are muppets. This is modern day Square, FF15 is not going to meet any lofty expectations.

Come on...

JJShadow

If i hover over my order on Simplygames(where it says 'In Progress') it states 'Shipped: Pending Despatch' . Really hoping its sent out by tonight , if not its getting cancelled and im switching to Amazon.

Yeah, me too, there's still hope! Last time I had this status was when I pre-ordered Dishonored 2 and they shipped it a few hours later, fingers crossed

demonkaze

May have something for London. I've been told i can collect it tomorrow afternoon. i'll let you all know if it is a success, then i will share the location privately.

Likewise, I wouldn't mind being put on this list too. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything from my guy too.

Feep

Banned
Thought this part looked like it was going to be fantastic from the IGN footage....

btw, is there any exploration in Altissia (Dungeons/out-of-city)?
No, no exploration. You're shuffled immediately to the next location after the insanity. Maybe you can come back later, but I doubt it.

Wvrs

I've been hyped for this game since it was reannounced, and I've been following it since I first got into the series in '09.

So reading the impressions here has been sad, regardless of how good the game mechanics are I know myself and I won't engage with the game if the story is bad. I've gone from wanting an early copy to waiting for reviews to hit, what a shame.

Haganeren

Kefka in FF6
Beatrix in FF9
Seymour Flux in FFX

I generally play under levelled in games but Kefka was incredibly easy... Simply because if you want to have all your team back, you will have to grind without even wanting to before... So yeah... Developpers even said "Don't kill Kefka too quick in order to see the beautiful magic he has !"... For me it says everything.

I think i had a way harder time on The Wall in FF7 and Adel in FF8 if i had to pick a difficult boss in the main story of a FF. (Or the whole last dungeon of FF4... But that was kind of... uncool)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom