• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

Thought this part looked like it was going to be fantastic from the IGN footage....

btw, is there any exploration in Altissia (Dungeons/out-of-city)?

Pretty sure there are hunts and sidequests in the city before it, but after you do that specific scene you get on a linear path.

No, no exploration. You're shuffled immediately to the next location after the insanity. Maybe you can come back later, but I doubt it.

I see thanks. Didn't they show
hunts and a collossus there though?

At above: ah, that makes sense.

_Legacy_

Xbox user here, I've pre-ordered and installed the game digitally. Is there a way to kick off the update without waiting until the 29th? Really don't to want to wait any longer than possible and my download speed isn't great.

Z3M0G

I don't know. I'm currently finishing up the very first Final Fantasy (on PSP) and after that, whatever XV provides is going to be better than barely anything at all.

There's something to be said for those old NES JRPGs... you couldn't see far into the horizon... "Exploration" served a very different purpose in those games. You didn't have a quest marker telling you where to go, you had to EXPLORE to find what you are supposed to do next... perhaps an NPC will tell you to "head West", but that's as much as you would normally get. And exploring the open landscape to find your goal was often quite hazardous! Go the wrong way, you could end up dead in a single random encounter.

I'm not saying that's how I want all modern JRPGs to be... but as far as "Storytelling" is concerned, it is hardly the same medium.

The original Final Fantasy is almost like a modern-day "Metroidvania"... You get a new "ability" (canoe, boat, airship) which grants you access to new areas, and you must find your next goal in those new areas. FF1 was also suprisingly open in the order you could kill 3/4 of the Fiends. You need to kill the Earth one first, but you could take the rest out in any order you wish, IIRC.

pLow7

Austria Gaf, there is a Store who has it tomorrow. Don't know if they only ship or you can also go and pick it up there.

Holy shit Altissia is amazing. Performance is horrible because SO much is happening on your screen but it's goregous.

Think I'm going to ignore most of the side content and critical path the story on PS4. If it's a great game, I'll double dip on PC whenever that happens to fully explore everything it has to offer. I just can't deal with poor framerates, and I really wish I could =(

Burbeting

Banned
Do you receive any hunts during the more linear parts of the game? Or are all of the hunts/side quests in the earlier parts of the game?

While checking out the the 101 trailer for the German voices I saw a fucking thumbnail. Could be the ending... please confirm the if it*s the ending or not. DON'T CLICK if you don't want to be spoiled.

Noctis and Luna marriage?-------------------------------------------------

MilkBeard

Just don't get the comments about Ni no Kuni being the "real" Final Fantasy. It's nothing like Final Fantasy.

Sakaguchi's games, sure.

On that note, I feel like FF XV may share some similarities to The Last Story in terms of overall reception: a game that was highly enjoyable, although with a new battle system that needed another iteration to perfect it, and a story that was decent but some found underwhelming.

benzy

While checking out the the 101 trailer for the German voices I saw a fucking thumbnail. Could be the ending... please confirm the if it*s the ending or not. DON'T CLICK if you don't want to be spoiled.

You just got spoiled bro.

Is there... anything left? I hate knowing the ending. It's so unsatisfying.

Don't ask that question if you don't want to know, that's all I can say.

I had some spoiled for me too so don't worry, hopefully it doesn't detract much from the rest of the game

To be honest, it's a pretty obvious outcome (the bit you tagged anyway)

Limality

Banned
finally...my go to game shop in switzerland marked FF XV as "Preparing for Shipping"...if they do deliver next day, it won't do me any good though D: heading to munich tomorrow after works and will be staying until sunday morning...so I'll get to play it the whole sunday afternoon...if it actually gets delivered tomorrow

Nya

There is a context behind this that I don't think you know yet.

You could've spoiled the endings of FFVII all the way to FFXII for me before I played them, and it would've made literally zero difference for my enjoyment of them.

FF9 - I'd have hated that ending to be spoiled. My favourite game ever.
FFX - I'd have tortured someone with a cheese grater for spoiling the ending of that pre-release

The rest - meh

FF9 - I'd have hated that ending to be spoiled. My favourite game ever.
FFX - I'd have tortured someone with a cheese grater for spoiling the ending of that pre-release

The rest - meh

I don't know.

FF X had a pretty sweet twist but I still would've enjoyed the journey just as much. Maybe moreso, knowing what was coming.

FF IX is my favourite game ever too, probably. Top 3 for sure. But the ending doesn't factor into that at all.

chechi

finally...my go to game shop in switzerland marked FF XV as "Preparing for Shipping"...if they do deliver next day, it won't do me any good though D: heading to munich tomorrow after works and will be staying until sunday morning...so I'll get to play it the whole sunday afternoon...if it actually gets delivered tomorrow

Do you know if they are already selling it in some shops?

Well, FFX has probably a very different marriage scene :p

Ah fuck me, whatever. It's just a game.

Don't be too hung up on it man. Trust me when I say you'll be pleasantly surprised. I had the exact same spoiler as you and someone who's completed it told me there is alot more to it than that.

Tyaren

I'm not that sensitive to spoilers but can we please not have have posts in here, that simply reveal the very ending, thanks! x__X This thread was meant to be a gameplay impressions thread. A middle ground of the old thread and the Spoiler Thread.

Limality

Banned
Do you know if they are already selling it in some shops?

Can't say for sure. The game most probably got shipped to shops today...most shops in Switzerland actually stick to the street day...at least officially on their web pages...you'd have to call but even then they would say they won't sell until street day, you might need to visit one and ask in person.

You should change your name to Comforting Reassurance Guy

I disagree

DHgSn.gif

bigol

No, no exploration. You're shuffled immediately to the next location after the insanity. Maybe you can come back later, but I doubt it.

You can go back to Altissia
by calling Umbra at rest points.Then you can explore,do side quests and hunts and go bet in Monster Arena to win some great prizes.

kromeo

I don't know.

FF X had a pretty sweet twist but I still would've enjoyed the journey just as much. Maybe moreso, knowing what was coming.

FF IX is my favourite game ever too, probably. Top 3 for sure. But the ending doesn't factor into that at all.

The only ending I can remember in IX was predictable from about 30 minutes into the game, unless I'm forgetting some twist?

chechi

Can't say for sure. The game most probably got shipped to shops today...most shops in Switzerland actually stick to the street day...at least officially on their web pages...you'd have to call but even then they would say they won't sell until street day, you might need to visit one and ask in person.

Yeah I know of "these" shops and I already called, but it's always the same, they won't say anything over the phone. I just hoped you might know something... thx anyway :)

The only ending I can remember in IX was predictable from about 30 minutes into the game, unless I'm forgetting some twist?

Once you get to Terra and Zidane has his realisation... the ending is most definitely not obvious.

I'll admit it's predictable from the start but they throw a curve ball right at you towards the end. Plus after the last boss... anything could have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom