• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

I just don't understand why PS4 games never use any AF. Surely it can do 4x? Some of these shots for the PS4 version looks like its disabled entirely.

DPGswqA.gif

GAME are doing a midnight release for FFXV. Asking my local GAME now.

If simply games order doesn't arrive monday I'll just return that copy and get it from game lmao

Wait he has the retail and hasn't gotten past chapter one yet? If he isn't exploiting exp that makes it a fucking lot of time in that one area. Hinterlands + White orchards/ extreme edition.

Hes in chapter 1. He has spent all of today exterminating
Iron and Red Giants
at night since they are level 30 and 42 respectively.

He really likes the combat. Really.

Gbraga

Yes, i'm going to do the same.
Care to send a link for all the videos my friend?

I just downloaded every major I could find on http://gamersyde.com/, and watched the Judgment Trailer on youtube. Don't watch the Judgment one if you haven't yet, though, it's spoilery as fuuuuck.

Also skipped the World of Wonder and 101 videos, since I didn't watch them and don't intend to.

I recommend not watching any of the Versus trailers. It's a different game entirely from those trailers.

That's only sensible advice if given to someone who never watched them. I've been on this crazy ride for way too long.

WE'RE ALMOST FREE.

ReaperXL7

I have only a handful of days left to decide wether or not I'll be picking this up or getting world of final fantasy instead.

Can only afford one for now so it's going to be a tough decision.

RPGCrazied

I have only a handful of days left to decide wether or not I'll be picking this up or getting world of final fantasy instead.

FF XV will give you more value for your dollar for sure. WoFF is fine, but its not very long. I'd suggest going with XV.

Philippo

I just downloaded every major I could find on http://gamersyde.com/, and watched the Judgment Trailer on youtube. Don't watch the Judgment one if you haven't yet, though, it's spoilery as fuuuuck.

Also skipped the World of Wonder and 101 videos, since I didn't watch them and don't intend to.

Thanks, i really need a re-watch for a final dose of hype.

I recommend not watching any of the Versus trailers. It's a different game entirely from those trailers.

That's only sensible advice if given to someone who never watched them. I've been on this crazy ride for way too long.

WE'RE ALMOST FREE.to.

Yeah me too i've neen on this train for too long, NOMURA YOUR TRICKS FROM THE PAST DO NOT FOOL ME ANYMORE.

WoFF is very fun (and surprisingly, seems to have the stronger localization of the two), but, yeah, FFXV.

Sorry if this type of compiling is frowned upon, feel free to delete it if so. I just figured there are a lot of people who will be inquisitive of the combat without wanting to wade into story impressions etc. And sorry if anyone feels I've taken their quote and missed a key part of context, or if I've missed any key discussions on the topic. I literally just browsed by a keyword and tried to manually filter based on people who have actually played the retail game.

That was great, thank you

Kraq

GAME are doing a midnight release for FFXV. Asking my local GAME now.

If simply games order doesn't arrive monday I'll just return that copy and get it from game lmao

SimplyGames have already charged for pre-orders. So either it has already been shipped and it's on its way, or it's being shipped tomorrow and it'll arrive on Saturday. Otherwise (and according to someone else in this thread, they've done this before), they've taken our money before actually dispatching to make sure we don't cancel our pre-orders, which would be a pretty scummy thing to do. If that's the case, they won't be getting my £££ again.

Regardless, I'm haven't been this hyped since MGSV, and with people saying that the second half is excellent in terms of story, that assures me that we haven't got another MGSV on our hands.

RPGCrazied

Did they ever say how long the story is? I remember when they said WoFF was 200 hours for story. And I beat the game in 35 hours.

Gbraga

Did they ever say how long the story is? I remember when they said WoFF was 200 hours for story. And I beat the game in 35 hours.

They said 40~50 hours for the main story, reports from people who beat it are from 25 to 40 for the main story.

I don't think anyone did all of the content to see how long it takes yet.

Tyaren

Isn't it strange that there was no hype launch trailer? Isn't there usually one within one week of a game release?
But FFXV's marketing was generally a bit strange...

Uploaded my immersion breaking glitch on Twitter since it'll probably get flagged on YT:
https://twitter.com/bkaREV/status/801969007167471616
Takes place at the very end of a level 8 story mission but there's nothing spoilery in it, IMO. It's just funny.

No. I'm hoping they upload it ASAP because I feel like I'm missing out on a bunch of open world and QoL stuff.

I'm not entirely sure if what we have now is the Crown update or not.. I am able to listen to music as I wander around the world with the
portable mp3 player
.. but I don't have the ability to warp outside of combat.. I can view the map from the car while driving.. Maybe this is some kind of hybrid update that doesn't have everything.. but we won't really know until release day, I guess.

Kyoufu

Isn't it strange that there was no hype launch trailer? Isn't there usually one within one week of a game release?
But FFXV's marketing was generally a bit strange...

A combination of Black Friday + Thanksgiving... probably not the best time to drop a launch trailer.

Monday would be fine.

I'm not entirely sure if what we have now is the Crown update or not.. I am able to listen to music as I wander around the world with the
portable mp3 player
.. but I don't have the ability to warp outside of combat.. I can view the map from the car while driving.. Maybe this is some kind of hybrid update that doesn't have everything.. but we won't really know until release day, I guess.

That's the main one for me. It would make traversal easier in some of the situations I've come across so far.

Didn't know the mp3 player was already in-game, though!
Hmm.. yeah that is weird.

Noct and co not caring about enemies attacking them isn't new

https://abload.de/img/qgya8.jpg[IMG]

:P[/QUOTE]
So my video is canon? :O

portable mp3 player

Where do you get the portable player at? Or access it ?

12BoM

Where do you get the portable player at? Or access it ?

This. I thought you could buy it in the Regalia shop but I haven't seen it there...

Its weird. I mentioned earlier but im kind of hesitant to proceed with the story since I dont know if the changes in 1.01 are the same as the Crown Update changes

Mifec

That's the main one for me. It would make traversal easier in some of the situations I've come across so far.

Didn't know the mp3 player was already in-game, though!
Hmm.. yeah that is weird.

So my video is canon? :O

So are the kingsglaive scenes and
the whistle
that are supposed to be in the "crown update". Has been in since last week.

It feels like the 7 gig patch is the crown update but maybe stuff unlocks at different times?

Like mp3 player is in for players, maybe warp is a feature that unlocks later or post game (lol).

So maybe the traveling with warp outside of combat has to be unlocked somehow? Also wondering if the wait tree is not a skill tree persay but the effect you see of all the lines arcing out to the enemies.

Neff

SimplyGames have already charged for pre-orders. So either it has already been shipped and it's on its way, or it's being shipped tomorrow and it'll arrive on Saturday. Otherwise (and according to someone else in this thread, they've done this before), they've taken our money before actually dispatching to make sure we don't cancel our pre-orders, which would be a pretty scummy thing to do. If that's the case, they won't be getting my £££ again.

They actually charged me for my copy back in June when they offered it cheap during E3 week.

However the 'Status: In progress' update is recent. It's looking to me that they'll get it out for today or tomorrow.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So I'm guessing the with the latest impressions, those who've reached the second half are thinking the story is picking up and is decent-good?

jimmypython

First impressions (2 hours in):

Here are the things I liked (literally the notes I took on a pad):

- Map rotation/fix options
- The very first real time cutscene was good
- Pro support options
- Graphics are good: well I am not a graphics addict and Nier1 looked very nice to me FYI.
- Skill trees for friends skills
- UI and menu
- Reason for wondering around fits the narrative so far:
they are just on a happy road trip so why not having some fun
- Challenges during battles: this clearly is the S.O. system taken directly from Type-0, which I liked
- Japanese VA is pretty good
- Small talks
- Good gameplay pacing so far: introducing camp system very naturally
- Camping level up system is very good
- Cooking and photo shooting
- Monster design
- Friend skill/gear customization
- MUSIC!!!

Question about the challenges during battles... If you don't complete it, is it gone for good (along with the AP you can get) or can you try them again later on different enemies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom