• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formosa

I think FF15 feels a lot like MGS5 but less repetitive. haha.

- I still hate the sprinting. Wish they will update with unlimited sprinting.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Any King's Tale impressions, or is that still not out in the wild yet?

PSY・S;225418608 said:
There we go :D

AGGz7y0rCYxdS.gif

Socivol

Alright...

Chapter 4...

Yep, this game is amazing.

I started at Chapter 3....played an additional 10 hours today and I'm still at Chapter 3. Those that were worried about content don't have anything to worry about. There is a ton there whether you find it compelling or not is a completely different story. I'm really enjoying it. I'm in a quest loop where everytime I finish one there is another one waiting for me and I just can't stop.

Strakt

I started at Chapter 3....played an additional 10 hours today and I'm still at Chapter 3. Those that were worried about content don't have anything to worry about. There is a ton there whether you find it compelling or not is a completely different story. I'm really enjoying it. I'm in a quest loop where everytime I finish one there is another one waiting for me and I just can't stop.

omg wait until you get to chapter 4... the music... the animations.... its like uncharted + ff combined

Falk

that puzzling face
Well if I knew where it was!

Most likely 29th, I guess? There's a chance it's with whatever patch people have right now with early copies, but I don't know for sure.

All that's out right now that I'm aware of is a short snippet uploaded by the official Square Enix channel, which sounds different from what's on the Judgment Disc and presumably off the retail without any patches.

Wasn't singling out your post though. Was just my observation based on recent precedent that the inferior version is likely to be linked a lot in discussions about the music going forward.

Heck people still refer to pre-2.5 KH2 music.

i'm biased

Yep, just over 7 hours and only on chapter 2. It's apparent that anyone that beat this in 25 hours was probably only doing main quests and had it on easy, cause I can't fathom how otherwise.

Strakt

Yep, just over 7 hours and only on chapter 2. It's apparent that anyone that beat this in 25 hours was probably only doing main quests and had it on easy, cause I can't fathom how otherwise.

Yea im about 10 hours in and chapter 5, and even then, i didnt do most of the side missions

Socivol

I was thinking the same thing or did very few quests. One of my favorite things is the radios that are in various places around the world. Listening to them gives additional information about what is going on all across Eos and gives you some additional story information like
Ravus being gone from the public eye and nobody knowing what is going on with with him. We know he about his arm burning off but the rest of Eos doesn't. It also details his promotion to leading the arm which was Glauca's previous position
I can see how some people would be annoyed that something like that is hidden in a missable conversation but if you dig around you find a lot of cool world building and story information.

I was thinking the same thing or did very few quests. One of my favorite things is the radios that are in various places around the world. Listening to them gives additional information about what is going on all across Eos and gives you some additional story information like
Ravus being gone from the public eye and nobody knowing what is going on with with him. We know he about his arm burning off but the rest of Eos doesn't. It also details his promotion to leading the arm which was Glauca's previous position
I can see how some people would be annoyed that something like that is hidden in a missable conversation but if you dig around you find a lot of cool world building and story information.

Yep that's what I love about this. I feel like they did a great job of sort of meshing western and eastern rpgs together. Its pretty, adicting, fun, adventurous, the world wants me to explore it and find the little details like that.

UberTag

That's all anyone seems to do when they get a game early is rush their way through it ignoring everything else.

It's a shitty way to play any game, IMO... especially when I'm habitually conditioned to do the exact opposite.

Mesharey

Quick question, is there cap level in areas?

I don't want to make the game very easy by doing a lot of side missions.

I like cap lvl in areas in latest games.

I really love little details like this, it's a nice, non-intrusive way to give the world some believability.

I finished it in 25 hours. Played it on normal. Had the trophy that says I finished 15/20(?) side missions. Was a Rank 4 hunter.

HMD

The first 8 chapters are a LOT longer than the final chapters, nobody's rushing through the game it's just that the later chapters are short, except for chapter
which is a long boring chapter that should not have made it out of focus testing.

sappyday

Chapters 6 and 7 are really short. Once you done verything in the open world you'll start to breeze with the story it seems. Chapter 7 in particular was one thing but it was a pretty cool thing.

I finished it in 25 hours. Played it on normal. Had the trophy that says I finished 15/20(?) side missions. Was a Rank 4 hunter.

Would you say the main story itself seems shorter than previous FF games? i.e., does the game feel big enough? It usually has taken me over 60 hours to complete FF games, but I always get all the summons and power my characters up.

Why is it that SE can't write a good FF story anymore? They've been mediocre after 7 and flat out bad since 10.

Lol this statement....

6 has the best story I'd say
7 had a good story despite despicably poor graphics that stopped me from engaging more
8 was shit - fair enough
9 had a fantastically charming story and character backstory
10 had the second best story

Anything after 10, not including the MMO's which of course don't count
bait
, is shit.

I am so excited for 15 though. Watching Kingsglaive tonight

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Heavensward main story is quite good actually. But I also loved ff13 main story so I'm not the problem eheh

Aters

I think FFVII has the best main quest in the series followed by FFX. But main quest is not important in a JRPG. Think about it, can you remember the whole story of a JRPG after two years? I can only remember some stand out moments of the story, which is why I prefer FFVI and FFIX. These two have the most memerable scenes. When it comes to presentation of the story, I have to say the writing (or translation) is bad most of the times and voice acting only makes things worse. Final Fantasy XII is probably the only exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom