• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

Anyone have the other screenshot that was posted with this one?

MC3TQLO.jpg

The main story legnth is how long it takes you to beat it without doing any or very little of the sidequests. If it took him 35 hours to beat the game while doing a bunch of sidequests, then the main story is probably in the 20's hours

Okay, question for other people that're playing: Question about the Astrals.

How the fuck do you summon them? I summoned Ramuh once and I'm not sure how?
Story related during your main journey. But I am sure there is a manual way to summon them after post-game stuff. Can't detail it since talking about it will be spoilers.

The main story legnth is how long it takes you to beat it without doing any or very little of the sidequests. If it took him 35 hours to beat the game while doing a bunch of sidequests, then the main story is probably in the 20's hours
If you rush through the game, you will be several underleveled. I don't see how the end-game stuff is possible without leveling up a good chunk. It will be total Dark Souls level of difficulty at this rate.

I know there is some dedicated person out there who can plan his journey to complete the game with just 1 level but that is another story altogether.

He wiped every Iron Giant he could find in the starting area. Then he went after the fire ones.

RIP, they're all extinct now.

Yea, looks like it. You should've seen his efficient Digimon Cyber Sleuth leveling. Man's a beast (at grinding).

--

Since you get bonus rest experience, he stocked up to 50k exp in chapter 1, got the rest bonus (double I think) and cashed in 100k exp. He went from level 19 to 35 that way in one night.

If he loves being all powerful than thats great. I love doing side quests but I also want a challenge and RPGs suck at that balance. Witcher 3 was not that fun caquse even on death it was a cake walk cause I spent 100 hours on side quests before finishing the game.

Gbraga

『Inaba Resident』;225448007 said:
I thought he *did* say it was in the game?
And I've heard the guide even mentions it.

Really? If the guide mentions it, it could be part of the DAY ONE PATCH V2

Voror

Since you get bonus rest experience, he stocked up to 50k exp in chapter 1, got the rest bonus (double I think) and cashed in 100k exp. He went from level 19 to 35 that way in one night.

Interesting. I'll probably try to pull something like this myself since I do enjoy leveling though since AP doesn't seemed to be gained I'm not sure yet if there's a good way to grind that to fill out the grids.

Malik, did you find an item to stop you from levelling up? I'd love to do a level 1 run.
I have no idea, atleast not from what I played. I did find items that increase the EXP gained though.

How do we even unlock it? I don't see such an option despite a complete save.

Yeah, the guide's description includes:

Every secret, every unlockable, every New Game Plus bonus, every Trophy and every Achievement revealed and explained in a dedicated Extras chapter.

So there's gotta be something. My hope, from seeing that, was something like Mass Effect, where certain accomplishments earned you permanent bonuses that would carry across games.

Caode

You sure you didn't mean 72? lol

The average for that game is 40+ hours and it took me way longer than that personally.

I spent almost 240 hours playing X before finishing it. Every single character could one shot near enough every encounter other than the last couple bosses... those took two or three shots.

To this day I don't know how I managed to play it for so long. It was a boring Summer I suppose.

Grisby

Dont even think about the car. Its super restrictive in a sense that you only press R2 to or L2. Think of it more like a taxi from GTA IV where you could sit and check out the city.

I always let Ignus drive. or use fast travels when available.
Gotcha. I didn't think it would be Grand Theft Chocobo.

Grassy

I always thought KH was notably shorter than FF at around 30 to 35 hours.

For FF6 FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, FF12, and FF13 i clocked in over 60 hours by end game. I'd usually be hitting hour 50 by the time the final boss came though

FF7 took me around 45 hours and I missed heaps of side-stuff as it was my first FF/JRPG.

I'm currently playing through FF9 and I think I might have it done in ~30 hours, although I'm playing on PC and using some of the in-built boosters to burn through it. Only reason because this is my fourth attempt to beat this game. Previously I've made it to CD3 on three separate occasions so now I'm just like fuck it I want to beat it. Still having a blast playing it this way without all the grinding. I can't stop playing Tetra Master either, despite not really understanding the rules of the confusing card numbers and letters system...

Simo

LondonGAF, the usual spot in Tooting had the game today but only 5 copies on display so not sure if they still have it.

Apparently I was a fool to leave it to preorder because I'm waiting for Tuesday release. Was busy either way but good to see the positive respond .

Socivol

All the new impressions saying Kingsglaive is necessary:

Did you watch KG before playing the game?
I don't think it's nessesary per say but the emotional weight of opening is better if you have the background. The conflict between Niflheim and Lucis isn't explained at all in the game but it's not like you engage in ceasefire treaties with nations that are allies.

Since I am done with the game, I decided to visit the spoilers thread and noped out of it. What the hell is even going on there? lol.
I think spoiler threads should be banned until post release. Otherwise it ends up being people looking for reasons to love or hate it based on streams. It tainted my view of the game, managed to cancel my digital pre-order... But I still really want to play it without being bound to it digitally in case I really don't like it.

Voror

I keep wondering if the Best Buy I ordered at will have some sort of midnight release, but highly doubt that will actually be the case.

jschreier

I don't think it's nessesary per say but the emotional weight of opening is better if you have the background. The conflict betweeb Niflheim and Lucis isn't explained at all in the game but it's not like you engage in ceasefire treaties with nations that are allies.
The conflict between Niflheim and Lucis isn't explained in the movie, either. It just kinda happens.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Since I am done with the game, I decided to visit the spoilers thread and noped out of it. What the hell is even going on there? lol.

People aren't responding to the game's developments as optimistically as you it seems. A lot of people just can't help themselves

chefbags

3 outfits by the end of the game. 2 were from the start and one was the Kingsglaive outfit. They all have two variety. With or without Jacket.

Cool. I hope there's more to come, even if it's dlc. I'd love a kingsglaive outfit with the hood/mask on. Would be so dope for everyone to wear it.

Socivol

People aren't responding to the game's developments as optimistically as you it seems. A lot of people just can't help themselves
A lot of people in that topic haven't played the game. I was pretty pessimistic too watching the streams but after playing it my perception is completely different.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
A lot of people in that topic haven't played the game. I was pretty pessimistic too watching the streams but after playing it my perception is completely different.

That's why its called a spoiler thread and not a 'spoilers for people who have played the game' thread.

In context i'm sure people will still consider the game good once everyone has played it, but the things that they had an issue with are not going to go away

forms

How does the combat system work - do you get to press for each hit or is it just "hold button and character starts hammering" (aside from special moves)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom