• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why its called a spoiler thread and not a 'spoilers for people who have played the game' thread.

In context i'm sure people will still consider the game good once everyone has played it, but the things that they had an issue with are not going to go away

I don't know if it plays out like that. People on message boards are wont to fairly hyperbolic. Something that doesn't always stand up in the same way when one actually experiences playing a game. I refuse to believe most people are as hyper as their opinions come across on here.

silva1991

How does the combat system work - do you get to press for each hit or is it just "hold button and character starts hammering" (aside from special moves)?

Basic combos = hold attack button

special moves = time and direct your left analog

warp strike = triangle

that's it for melee attacks based on Judgement demo.

I should find a copy later today finally.

Edzi

The game has dual audio right? Is the English any good or should I just start with Japanese? Also, are the subs based on the English localization when VO is set to Japanese?

I'm watching Kingsglaive and Brotherhood on Monday. Just seems like the right thing to do. I've only seen the first episode of Brotherhood.

Mesharey

Dunno where to ask this question since there's no OT yet lol.

There's a quest called "A better engine blade", I have to "give the rusted bit to Cid" but dunno how to give it to him.

Btw I think it's important to watch the movie before the game.

Socivol

Dunno where to ask this question since there's no OT yet lol.

There's a quest called "A better engine blade", I have to "give the rusted bit to Cid" but dunno how to give it to him.

Btw I think it's important to watch the movie before the game.
Do you have one in your inventory? I should happen automatically if you have it and go talk to him I think.

I might get lucky and get a copy in the morning. A shop had a few copies 25 min before they closed today, so I gotta go first hour and pray there's still copies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Gladio>>>Pormpto>>>>>Ignis

Damn right
tumblr_inline_notru5dVZd1sgodap_500.gif

brawly

Biggest online retailer in Switzerland is selling it. No fucks given. Luckily I'm waiting to see the detailed Pro performance, otherwise I'd be kicking myself.

R3birthFl4me

Neo Member
I have only one question to everyone playing the game, are you having fun playing it ? That to me is the important part of every game and if you are, then to me it was worth the 10 year wait.

Toth

Thanks to work and FFXI bead farming, I finally made it to Chapter Two. 7 hours jeez. That's just from hunts up to lvl 11, 3 side quests, and the main story. The game is so much fun. I love that exploring actually yields some great accessories and items. Saves you a lot of gil!

Do we know if each section of the ascension grid expands later in the game or is what you see right at the start of chapter 1 the whole thing?

My disc just got to my house but I'm at work ;_;

It was from that disc-only seller. Hope it's legit.

Can confirm it's legit, that's the copy I'm playing as well as many other gaffers.

Has the framerate? Surely better than those demo's.
It is way better. Summons won't tank the frame rate like Duscae. I believe they did some voodoo magic to make it run so smooth.

Nomura's blood was offered as a sacrifice

Do we know if each section of the ascension grid expands later in the game or is what you see right at the start of chapter 1 the whole thing?
What you see is what you get. Armiger grid is added later though and I have no idea if post-game holds any secrets in that regard.

Wut? No new game plus at launch? the guy said there would be a new game plus with extra dungeons and stuff what the hell thats a bummer.....
Which guy?

Get ready to fall in love with Prompto.
I agree. He was BOAT (Bro of all time).

Rising_Hei

FFVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII, XIII took me 36-44 hours to complete the main story without doing many sidequest, but taking the games really easy...

So i can't see how anyone would say that any of those games could take 6X-7X hours, lol.

So, I was at the very beginning of the game, about to start the first quest and the power just went out. Looks like it is going to take more 6 hours to get fixed. No FFXV for me tonight. Fuck.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hey DarkLordMalik, how do you find this game compared to XII and XIII?

Mendrox

Finally got my game too ;_; My package was at my neighbours home since yesterday and she wasnt there the whole time. I thought about breaking into her home.

Well...

The special cover looks fucking awesome. Now I will go for 24 hours. Let's see how the game is for real :)

Edit: I am surprised to say that the German dub is superior to the English dub.

Hey DarkLordMalik, how do you find this game compared to XII and XIII?
Better than both for me. But I hated the narrative in XII and it was the most forgetful FF for me. God-tier gameplay in it though so there's that. Definitely not in my top 5 FF still.

FFXV is a different thing. It can't be considered as having a 'good story' but what makes it special for me is the whole journey of going through the game to reaching the end. I also really love the gameplay and combat system and I love that the game has a lot to offer in term of content. I can safely say it belongs in my top 5 FF.

FFXIII was terrilbe story wise with its overly complicated mythology and the gameplay got repetitive with the same enemy encounters again and again. It ranks as one of the lowest FF for me.

Btw. how far are you into XII when you are at that huge castle? That is the point where I think I dropped the game. I barely remember anything so I am kinda looking forward to play that remaster.

Cubas

The patch just finished downloading and I'm starting the game right now. I'll come back later with some impressions.

I cannot believe that Final Fantasy XV is a real game that is actually out.

Btw. how far are you into XII when you are at that huge castle? That is the point where I think I dropped the game. I barely remember anything so I am kinda looking forward to play that remaster.
Honestly it is hard to remember the location names from FFXII because of how complicated they were, lol. No idea which castle you are talking about as thee is plenty of 'medieval' stuff in FFXII.

Honestly it is hard to remember the location names from FFXII because of how complicated they were, lol. No idea which castle you are talking about as thee is plenty of 'medieval' stuff in FFXII.

I played through XII twice but don't remember ever being inside a castle. This might be because the indoor settings all have exactly the same awful geometry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom