• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Better than both for me. But I hated the narrative in XII and it was the most forgetful FF for me. God-tier gameplay in it though so there's that. Definitely not in my top 5 FF still.

FFXV is a different thing. It can't be considered as having a 'good story' but what makes it special for me is the whole journey of going through the game to reaching the end. I also really love the gameplay and combat system and I love that the game has a lot to offer in term of content. I can safely say it belongs in my top 5 FF.

FFXIII was terrilbe story wise with its overly complicated mythology and the gameplay got repetitive with the same enemy encounters again and again. It ranks as one of the lowest FF for me.

Sounds good to me. I did read though that (nothing spoiler related, though don't spoil it for me!)
it has one of the best ending CGs in FF
is that true?

If you don't mind, do you have your FF rankings including this game?

theofficefan99

I'm assuming he means (XII spoilers)
the Pharos at Ridorana Cataract
which is XII's real final dungeon, since the "final dungeon" afterwards is basically just cutscenes and boss fights, plus literally a minute of walking.

SephiZack

I want to see the recipes.
Approximate time to platinum: 90 - 120 Hours according to playstation trophies and my own experience.

I'm not studying in my home country so I don't have my copy of FFX available now and you would have to wait until end of december for receipts, but there is no way it could have taken me more than 50 hours. The only long part about that platinum is grinding for the sphere grid.

I see people with even faster speed on PSNProfiles and that takes doesn't take into account breaks in the middle. Playstation trophies is not very accurate as it's an estimate of one or few people, it states 50+ hours for Lightning Returns and I have platinum'd it in 25 hours (I did follow a guide not to miss stuff though)

Mendrox

German is better since it's closer to the Japanese dub.

Yep! Also my impression and I am positivly surprised. I wanted to play through with the japanese dub cause I do it with every game possible, but here I can't decide. First time for me and I rarely like German videogame dubs

Balthier, the best Final Fantasy character. And his pal Fran.
You misspelled Auron.
CyJpHycW8AAhfBT

Gbraga

Wooooord.

It's going to be awkward when The Zodiac Age is released and people realize it has a better story and deeper gameplay than the latest FF.

Not at all. Only if you consider FFXII to be trash, then sure, it would be awkward, but a new game not being the best yet, especially in such a long series, isn't really an issue.

A lot of people still think Demon's Souls is the best Souls game, including Bloodborne, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy the hell out of every new release.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope your mind and soul become trapped in Star Ocean 4 forever.

At least the cast were so bad, they're memorable.

Also, I did like SO4.

That is true, but what about the protagonist and his fellow sidekick, Penelo.
Admittedly they were literally shoved in and Balthier could have been the I have better protagonist.

But still Tidus + Yuna >>>> Balthier and Fran

It's going to be awkward when The Zodiac Age is released and people realize it has a better story and deeper gameplay than the latest FF.

It always was on another level for me (when it came to characters and presentation in general).

It's basically the shonen manga (FFVIII, FFX, FFXIII) vs seinen manga (FFXI, FFXII, FFXIV) style.

FFXV is yaoi.
Heh.

There's no question Balthier is a badass character, but he's very "cheap" IMO in that he's basically just FF Han Solo. The original Han Solo was badass so, yeah, his FF copy is badass too...

~Cross~

Eh, nah. Like I can barely remember the general flow of FFXII. Its a jumbled mess, like I can remember SOME of the story beats but I've got so many huge blank portions of it. Thats something that I cant say about any other FF save for XIII.

I hope your mind and soul become trapped in Star Ocean 4 forever.
Cast is really boring for the large part of the game though. Dug the world on the other hand.

Regarding FFXII, man I wish a Vita HD version would be out. I'd sink hours into replaying it.
RPGCrazied said:
Balthier is up there. But for me best character is Cloud/Tidus/Squall.

*duck*
No reason to duck. My favorite and best is Vivi personally.

Eh, nah. Like I can barely remember the general flow of FFXII. Its a jumbled mess, like I can remember SOME of the story beats but I've got so many huge blank portions of it. Thats something that I cant say about any other FF save for XIII.

Guess you'll have to have a refresher when FFXII HD comes out, then. :p

There's no question Balthier is a badass character, but he's very "cheap" IMO in that he's basically just FF Han Solo. The original Han Solo was badass so, yeah, his FF copy is badass too...
Different personalities. And backhistory.

The only thing thats similar is a few story beats, but the cool badass side character archetype has existed long before Han Solo.

Literal sacrilege!

giphy.gif

I was pleasantly surprised with Balthier's backstory, at least, I thought it made a really interesting twist on the ol' dashing rogue archetype. It absolutely could have been explored a bit more, though.

Rynam

Apparently better than english.

Yep! Also my impression and I am positivly surprised. I wanted to play through with the japanese dub cause I do it with every game possible, but here I can't decide. First time for me and I rarely like German videogame dubs

Thanks. I'll start the game in German then, but would've been nice if square released a list of the voice actors for the German dub like they did for the English one. Or maybe they did and I'm too dumb to find it with google. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom