• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition announced (iOS/And/W10), same plot, Fall 2017

Looks like an evolution of the deformed style of ff3 / ff4 ds (maybe bravely default as well?)

Doesn't seem to offensive, I'm confused by the rationale though. With the DS specs you could at least make some excuse for those games looking the way they do, they're releasing this on the same platform that runs Mobius.

Makes the whole project looks cheap (which I'm guessing it is) just stick it on the pile of head scratching ff15 spinoffs I spose/

I'll laugh if the plot of this one has better pacing than the real FFXV though lol

Christhor

Is this how Japan will save console gaming? Make one version for consoles/PC that keeps their reputation going, while one version for cellphones that actually makes them money?

Huh, what??

Those faces. It looks cheaply made. Its a retelling of the same story in chibi fashion? Like why when we got consoles and in the future, PC version.

Gladiolus skipping leg day.

Is it bad that I'm secretly hoping that this, like other mobile games, will be ported to PS4 as "FFXV lite". Or at least Vita. It looks so cute and lovely, it'd be a shame to leave it on Smart Phones.

Kosen

Neo Member
Is this how Japan will save console gaming? Make one version for consoles/PC that keeps their reputation going, while one version for cellphones that actually makes them money?

Fine by me. Everybody wins!

I actually am kinda more interested in this than in the original FFXV, although those faces...

Is it bad that I'm secretly hoping that this, like other mobile games, will be ported to PS4 as "FFXV lite". Or at least Vita. It looks so cute and lovely, it'd be a shame to leave it on Smart Phones.
This will probably be the "Switch version" that has been also teased.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Seems a modern take on a Bravely default kind of product graphic wise
With proper business model and co tools would be interesting

duckroll

Official site is up: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff15pocket/

01_01.jpg
04_02.jpg

Scanna

I actually... sort of dig it?
The more complex and long games on phones, the better imo.
Is this going to work on PC too, since it says Win 10 devices?

CheckMate

So we got:

• PC Port.
  • Mobile Port.
  • Monsters of The Deep release date.
  • Chapter Select and Monster Wiki added to the Game.
Not gonna lie: That's pretty disappointing, considering they promised this gamescom would better then the last two :(

Fbh

Well that's an announcement I didn't expect.

I sort of want to play this. Will totally give the free chapter a try

Arkeband

Banned
Imagine if the man hours wasted on this were spent on the main game.

(in before "business divisions bububu" even though it's a fact that they move people around as needed)

The art style is also pretty odd, with eyes in the center of their faces like
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F04%2FSectioned-GIF.gif

So we got:

• PC Port.
  • Mobile Port.
Not gonna lie: That's pretty disappointing, considering they promised this gamescom would better then the last two :(

2015 gave us the Dawn Trailer, something people absolutely hated which ended up not being that relevant to the released game.

2016 gave us a one hour video of the first chapter of the game in a state that wasn't accurate to how the game would launch in November 2016 (but would have been if it launched in September like planned).

I think those 4 things are certainly much better than the previous two Gamescom expo's.

CheckMate

2015 gave us the Dawn Trailer, something people absolutely hated which ended up not being that relevant to the released game.

2016 gave us a one hour video of the first chapter of the game in a state that wasn't accurate to how the game would launch in November 2016 (but would have been if it launched in September like planned).

I think those 4 things are certainly much better than the previous two Gamescom expo's.

To be honest, I liked the last two gamescom much more.

At least it was game-related. The people who already have the game have nothing new (beyond 2017) to look forward too.

To be honest, I liked the last two gamescom much more.

At least it was game-related. The people who already have the game have nothing new (beyond 2017) to look forward too.

Nothing new that we know of yet. We still, unfortunately, don't know the results of that survey from the other month.

So we got:

• PC Port.
  • Mobile Port.

To be fair this is better than the last two years.

2015 - The abysmal Dawn Trailer and horrid ATR Livestream.
2016 - An hour of gameplay in the wake of a delay to the game.

I mean I guess they had a bit more excitement to them since the game wasn't out yet and 2015 we were pretty starved for new info.

True Fire

Characters went from hot to...

final-fantasy-xv-update-includes-survey-for-what-dlc-you-wan_n8w4.png

ul9F5ij.jpg

Final%20Fantasy%2015%20screenshot%20(3).jpg

35924157433_c8235fac51_o.jpg

...not. ;)

I personally would've liked the cuter World of Final Fantasy stylistic when they already go for that deformed chibi look.

The logistics of this are amazing though. It's a full AAA story on mobile.

I bet the big cutscenes will look amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing the final boss + ending.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ill be honest...this looks kinda good for what it is lol.

Edit:

Nope...

Looked okay in screens but really lackluster in motion. Lol at people thinking thats the game they would release on Switch.

RPGCrazied

If the switch gets it, its getting this. I still haven't played it after they just won't fix the frame pacing on the base PS4. Hopefully my computer is powerful enough for the windows version.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The artstyle x the already hideous characters makes for a putrid result.

Yeah, they're pretty clearly using FFXV as a test bed where they throw all sorts of shit at the wall and seeing what sticks and what doesn't.

The thought did cross my mind, ever since Duckroll said they were working on it since Episode Duscae time.

Imagine if they fully cancelled a console game for this mobile version and the future of Final Fantasy was fully mobile?

In any case, I do appreciate a more stream-lined, easy to access Final Fantasy games on smart phones for the crowds who aren't as involved. I'm all fine with these as long as I get my console games hahaha.

Toth

So we got:

• PC Port.
  • Mobile Port.

Is Gamescom over? We've gotten two big news items in two days. We may get a few more things tomorrow or Thursday. We still have that fan event on Friday too.

Top Bottom