• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS13 trailer

raven777

You think they'll show anything at Jump Festa?

well, by the time Jump Festa starts LR will be release so they could start doing some FFXV promotion. Nomura said he wanted to show new things this TGS but couldn't make it, so there might be chance he will instead show it on Jump Festa.

but this is just my hope..

Asd202

well, by the time Jump Festa starts LR will be release so they could start doing some FFXV promotion. Nomura said he wanted to show new things this TGS but couldn't make it, so there might be chance he will instead show it on Jump Festa.

The Versus cycle continuous...

I at least want some new music!! come on shimomura!!! She has been on like vacations and posting all this stuff on her fb and not anything about this game's music.

And sadly it's propably going to remain just an hope. They have to promote LR DLCs, FF Agito and Theatrhytm FF CC.

wildfire

Banned
*UPDATE: higher quality one

http://youtu.be/bvngQiZ8fgs

Its 2 E3 trailer mashed up + some (2 scenes about 1 second each) new scenes.

Good thing you were wrong about that. I saw at least 6 (1 second) extensions of previous scenes and 1 brand new scene.

because IT IS a CG.

FFXV gameplay is reaching the quality of CG from 15 years ago while being faster in motion. The actual CG scenes obviously look better than the gameplay graphics but the gameplay portions shouldn't be discounted because it doesn't match modern CG. It would be an unrealistic goal.

Unlike Deep Down the art direction and vastly faster gameplay is far more appealing even though they are both going for cinematic quality.

Dark_castle

Good thing you were wrong about that. I saw at least 6 (1 second) extensions of previous scenes and 1 brand new scene.

FFXV gameplay is reaching the quality of CG from 15 years ago while being faster in motion. The actual CG scenes obviously look better than the gameplay graphics but the gameplay portions shouldn't be discounted because it doesn't match modern CG. It would be an unrealistic goal.

Unlike Deep Down the art direction and vastly faster gameplay is far more appealing even though they are both going for cinematic quality.

6? I see 2, like most others.

Road

I feel like this is the Final Fantasy XIII debut trailer all over again. Lots of CGI, gameplay I'm not entirely sure I'll find in the final product, long delays. I'm not even sure why I want to see more of this game. Oh well, hopefully I'll be proven wrong and we'll have a good FF for once.

My thoughts as well.

Get ready for the same fake trailer, with minimal modifications throughout all 2014, until 2015.

And that is assuming this game is coming out Dec. 2015 in Japan, which right now looks like the earliest possible date.

ViciousDS

Banned
such a pretty game, funny thing is what were seeing is probably what happens in the first 30 minute of the game and then we have to go on a mission to get the crystal back ...... would make sense as well.

nib95

Banned
My jaw was pretty much on the floor the entire time. Wow. Could this be the one to set FF back on the map? Looks insane.

wildfire

Banned
6? I see 2, like most others.

The sequence where the man in white hood is extended by focusing more on his face.

Noctis just before he fights the guards in the town square in broad daylight is another extension.

There is a scene where he is falling amidst a burning building that was shown before in the other 2 trailers.

The leviathon scene that's been posted here I counted as an extension.

Noctis gets into a situation where he is sliding on the floor and knee capping a person with his gun.

The other scene that's been posted when Noctis is facing the others in an airship is new.

So actually 5 extensions (instead of 6) and 1 new scene.

watershed

Banned
Is anyone else worried that this game is going to be full of long, overly dramatic cut scenes? If anything truly soured me on FF it's SE's preferred method of story telling. It's just awful.

Since we aren't getting any new footage, let us enjoy this new scene in the form of 720p GIF

2Uz5.gif

Dark_castle

The sequence where the man in white hood is extended by focusing more on his face.

Noctis just before he fights the guards in the town square in broad daylight is another extension.

There is a scene where he is falling amidst a burning building that was shown before in the other 2 trailers.

The leviathon scene that's been posted here I counted as an extension.

Noctis gets into a situation where he is sliding on the floor and knee capping a person with his gun.

The other scene that's been posted when Noctis is facing the others in an airship is new.

So actually 5 extensions (instead of 6) and 1 new scene.

Those extensions that you brought up were in the old trailers.

Holmes

First, people bitch for thinking FFXV won't make an appearance. Then it does, obviously with notthing really new to show but it makes an appearance nonetheless... And people still bitch. Never change, GAF.

Go_Ly_Dow

These bits are gameplay. Most of the stuff in the modern city is gameplay, the stuff in the city with the more classical archictecture is target render

But like Agni's they're looking to render the cg assets in real-time on Luminous engine once it's finalized.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Why does the UI in the bottom left of those gif's look like garbage? Even the one at the bottom right looks bland as hell.

But like Agni's they're looking to render the cg assets in real-time on Luminous engine once it's finalized.

Maybe they should finish the engine before developing the game on the current incomplete one. It's asinine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Even two more extra seconds of footage is 9000000000000000% more footage than we got during a certain time when this game was called Versus.

Let's not forget that.

Ever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Also,

A world of the VERSUS epic

What the heck does that even mean :lol

HeelPower

they better drop that craziness...It took a year to make AP...chasing its visual quality is really not a priority right now...

but who am I kidding , right ?

Since we aren't getting any new footage, let us enjoy this new scene in the form of 720p GIF

2Uz5.gif

Yeah, so good. If they really do actually manage to achieve the gameplay bits they've been showing in PS4 gameplay this game is going to be an awesome experience...whenever it finally comes out ofcourse.

Top Bottom