• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS13 trailer

Some of the gameplay looked pretty good. Some of it looked bland.. as in early stage development..
It all seems very ambitious. Hopefully they can actually release it someday.

sublimit

Banned
They don't want to show more of this game because it will make Lightning Returns look like horse shit (well it already looks like that).
SE's stuborness with Lightning has affected more than one generation.

Exentryk

Nojima #FinalMetalGearFantasy

J8BumGE.jpg

Undubbed

I'm having a really, really hard time getting excited for this game. I just don't see what other people are seeing.

Just looks like cinematic set piece after cinematic set piece, which looks cool and all and I'm sure it'll be exciting when played but right now what about the gameplay? I'm looking for a vast world to explore, so I hope it only has those Uncharted-like scenes are only in certain limited places.

It's just that right now it looks like Tomb Raider with RPG elements where you go on a linear path, fight enemies, DESTRUCTION ALL AROUND YOU!, climb shit, more enemies, maybe a braindead puzzle if we're lucky and repeat. Really hope it's not like that at all. Maybe it's just a trailer thing. Please let it be just a trailer thing.

I don't know, I just don't know about this game...

KoopaTheCasual

Well... I guess there's one 'bright side' to this. I guess it means they really did scrap the entire PS3 project, last year, instead of just porting all the assets, and are recreating everything from the ground up for next gen consoles.

Since, by Square's own timeline they really started on the next gen versions sometime last year... the idea of late 2015 Japan release seems very likely.

I'm having a really, really hard time getting excited for this game. I just don't see what other people are seeing.

Just looks like cinematic set piece after cinematic set piece, which looks cool and all and I'm sure it'll be exciting when played but right now what about the gameplay? I'm looking for a vast world to explore, so I hope it only has those Uncharted-like scenes are only in certain limited places.

It's just that right now it looks like Tomb Raider with RPG elements where you go on a linear path, fight enemies, DESTRUCTION ALL AROUND YOU!, climb shit, more enemies, maybe a braindead puzzle if we're lucky and repeat. Really hope it's not like that at all. Maybe it's just a trailer thing. Please let it be just a trailer thing.

I'm still excited for this game, because if they keep all the elements from the VersusXIII project, they've already shown huge plains/canyon areas and explorable cities.

TuXx

Square not having much to show for XV is understandable. I mean, the game has only been in development for 7 years. Give them some time.

Nojima #FinalMetalGearFantasy

J8BumGE.jpg

Match made in heaven with all their character/story twists and turns. Both as ridiculous as each other (I like it, though).

If I see Kojima has a meal with Ueda next...I will not be happy. Stop taking them away on dates and tell them to finish their games, eh?

Dark_castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM0eUYL01bA

gwarm01

That shot of the city, where they pull back and you can see that waterfalls, that looks amazing. The actual gameplay looks kind of boring. I hope they can pull this off, because I am ready for a good Final Fantasy again.

I like how they cleaned up the action. The E3 trailer had a number of framerate hitches. This one is smooth as silk.

I'm still hyped, and there's nothing anyone can do to extinguish it.

This is why I'm not getting exciting for this game until we have full details about the game mechanics and the freedom of movement for this game. We'll just have to wait and see.

Really hoping for a Midgard like opening to this. This city is the opening area that has a climatic end like this trailer is showing then you escape the city to find yourself outside with a huge world to explore. That was such a great feeling.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Still only pushing it as a PS4 title. I wonder if Sony will publish it exclusively in Japan.

Makes no sense to push it on XB1 in Japan anyway when it will probably only sell 2% or less of total sales on that platform if XIII-2 is an indicator to go by.

Phades

We sure do
did you miss advent children?

nope
Well by the time that the game gets released, they may be rendering using ray tracing in real time and it will be full cinematic CGI in the actual gameplay while viewing it on a holographic projector in the center of our living rooms.

Whompa

ibaz1i44MipJsp.gif

I bet you this is actual gameplay. It looks totally doable. This is not outside what has been done for games towards the end of the ps3/360 cycle, I don't see how it isn't completely doable for ps4/xbone.

The only difference is the graphic quality is definitely better. You don't get those reflections, textures on ps3/360. Either way, It looks friggen good.

sappyday

ibaz1i44MipJsp.gif

I bet you this is actual gameplay. It looks totally doable. This is not outside what has been done for games towards the end of the ps3/360 cycle, I don't see how it isn't completely doable for ps4/xbone.

Yea this is something I'd expect by the PS4/X1.

akaoni

Banned
Wasn't the knowledgeable opinion that most of the stuff being thrown around in gifs are 'target rendered' or whatever the term is, or has that been debunked?

Midou

Something something seven goddamn years already something something.

Yep.

I get that E3 was this big re-unveling, and I was not expecting anything until next E3 in all honesty, but I was hoping Square Enix would surprise us with at least a new short demo. This can't be ALL they've made in the last several years.

Verendus

Banned
All their projects should just be leaked. They take a decade to make them as it is. I'm genuinely wondering what's happening right now with this game. Any other company, and you could probably make a reasonable assumption, but these people are 'special'. I don't even know what to think. I'm expecting good news next year; I hope we're not let down.

All their projects should just be leaked. They take a decade to make them as it is. I'm genuinely wondering what's happening right now with this game. Any other company, and you could probably make a reasonable assumption, but these people are 'special'. I don't even know what to think. I'm expecting good news next year; I hope we're not let down.
Their upcoming major projects include Lighting Returns and Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD and both are going to be released in late 2013/early 2014.

The most logical conclusion here is that Lighting Returns is making them keep this project under sheets. Once the holy Lighting trilogy will end, we might be getting new info about XV as frequently as we got for Lighting Returns.

This is what i BELIEVE!

Top Bottom