• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Update 1.15 out (Bestiary, Chapter Select, Assassin's Festival DLC)

Final Fantasy XV: Square Enix Open to More Crossovers like Assassin's Creed Festival
Tabata-san explained that Square Enix worked directly with the Assassin's Creed development team as part of a close collaboration to bring the content to life. This level of collaboration was enabled by the mutual respect the two development teams had for each other.

Square Enix hoped for both Final Fantasy and Assassin's Creed fans to enjoy the content, and Tabata-san believes that this goal was achieved. While there is nothing else planned at the moment in terms of other collaborations or crossovers, if another chance like this appeared that could be beneficial for both sides, it's ”definitely" something the team would like to look into.

Tabata-san also shared that the trailer was revealed at a fan event at Ubisoft's booth at Gamescom, at first the Assassin's Creed fans were surprised and they weren't realizing what was going on, then they responded enthusiastically, and there were some Final Fantasy XV fans there as well, so he feels that the two fan bases overlap at least partly.

So there you have it, straight from the lion's mouth. If you're a developer and would like to cross your game over with Final Fantasy XV, the door isn't closed. Give Square Enix a call.​

Watch them do a Monster Hunter World crossover where you kill Behemoths in MH and monster hunts (no pun intended) with monsters from MH in FFXV.

Square Enix Presents John Romero's Doomtrain

AHK_Hero

I think you misunderstood that. They didn't actually work on the DLC's implementation or assets together, just on sharing ideas and consulting. But yeah, SE already did actually work with several external studios on FFXV already, including the Japanese HexaDrive, the Malaysian Streamline Studio (additionally helping out with the UI and VFX for the FFXV fishing VR and worked on many AAA titles too) or the Chinese XPEC (also worked with Naughty Dog on Uncharted 3 and helped out on many other AAA games). It's not only outsourcing for asset creation either; iirc XPEC worked on the level-design and implementation of later areas too, including Chapter 13.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize how much collaboration had already been involved in the production of XV, especially regarding the now infamous Chapter 13 (which I never minded for the record). Some really interesting info in the Uncharted 3 outsourcing presentation as well.

But even if it's at a cursory conceptualization level, I imagine gaining more collaborative experience is better than nothing. I can't see any other goal from this DLC, well other than perhaps a check from Ubisoft requesting the use of an already popular game to promote an IP with an upcoming major release.

Lightning

Banned
Has anyone else experienced glitches with this update?

Crestholm Channels has become buggy as fuck. Items don't show up, Moogle Charm never there, Friendship Band not there, Target Scope not there among some notable ones but not only that sections of the dungeon where my teammates were no where to be found, glitched out leaving me fighting on my own. This is only for those who are playing the dungeon fresh since the update, if you've already completed the dungeon then its fine you already have the items but this is kinda annoying.

Not that it really matters, don't use those items anyway, I only collect them for completition purposes but it's upsetting.

I started a new game wanting to do a conplete 100% game and this has held me up. Very irritating.

Has anyone else experienced glitches with this update?

Crestholm Channels has become buggy as fuck. Items don't show up, Moogle Charm never there, Friendship Band not there, Target Scope not there among some notable ones but not only that sections of the dungeon where my teammates were no where to be found, glitched out leaving me fighting on my own. This is only for those who are playing the dungeon fresh since the update, if you've already completed the dungeon then its fine you already have the items but this is kinda annoying.

Not that it really matters, don't use those items anyway, I only collect them for completition purposes but it's upsetting.

I started a new game wanting to do a conplete 100% game and this has held me up. Very irritating.

I did all optional dungeons after the asscreed patch. Including the crestholm. Where i certainty found target scope and friendship band. Dunno about moogle charm.

It did bug out on me at the bossfight where ignis got stuck in the ceiling.

Lightning

Banned
I did all optional dungeons after the asscreed patch. Including the crestholm. Where i certainty found target scope and friendship band. Dunno about moogle charm.

It did bug out on me at the bossfight where ignis got stuck in the ceiling.
Nevermind, The items aren't glitched when I'm level 25 going through this stupid dungeon the items I said aren't there, when I tally my experience and become level 50 they are there. I never knew there were level items in the game. That's some bullshit... lol

Wish I knew this sooner I just wasted 6 hours figuring this out going through this stupid place over and over again.

The most substantial stuff:
- New Game+ (no Hard Mode yet though)
- They increased the
ring
's power in chapter 13 to make the whole section feel less dragging. Also small extra section for Chapter 13 (~20min) where you can play as Gladio with gameplay mechanics from the Episode Gladio DLC and new cutscenes clarifiying a bit on
Ravus and the empire
. Accessable through the main menu too if you just want to play Gladio's section alone. If you play the main game until that point in the story you can choose to play Gladio's section too and then it skips a big part of Noctis' section, which many people didn't like.
- Off-road monster truck added for actual free driving
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2eVwFDG.gif[/IMG]
- Chapter Select and Bestiary
- Free Chocobo Carnival DLC that's still open until the end of September
- Free Assassin's Festival DLC that's open until the end of January

Full list:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_XV_patches

Not really certain yet if they're gonna add any cutscenes into the main game's story, but it seems like they're only gonna add exposition and fill holes in the the story through DLCs like Episode Gladio and Prompto did (latter more). If there's gonna be substantial additions for the main story still I guess it'll come alongside the Episode Ignis DLC in November. I wouldn't count on it though.

This egg has no other purpose than "turning into" the bonus Assassin's Creed costume for Noctis. I honestly think they didn't know back then when they made the Chocobo Carnival what exactly the egg would be for and just waited to see what they could do with it, lol.

You mean 13 I assume. Basically, yeah. See above.

TY so much for this summary :)

Final Fantasy XV: Square Enix Open to More Crossovers like Assassin’s Creed Festival
Tabata-san explained that Square Enix worked directly with the Assassin’s Creed development team as part of a close collaboration to bring the content to life. This level of collaboration was enabled by the mutual respect the two development teams had for each other.

Square Enix hoped for both Final Fantasy and Assassin’s Creed fans to enjoy the content, and Tabata-san believes that this goal was achieved. While there is nothing else planned at the moment in terms of other collaborations or crossovers, if another chance like this appeared that could be beneficial for both sides, it’s “definitely” something the team would like to look into.

Tabata-san also shared that the trailer was revealed at a fan event at Ubisoft’s booth at Gamescom, at first the Assassin’s Creed fans were surprised and they weren’t realizing what was going on, then they responded enthusiastically, and there were some Final Fantasy XV fans there as well, so he feels that the two fan bases overlap at least partly.

So there you have it, straight from the lion’s mouth. If you’re a developer and would like to cross your game over with Final Fantasy XV, the door isn’t closed. Give Square Enix a call.​

Watch them do a Monster Hunter World crossover where you kill Behemoths in MH and monster hunts (no pun intended) with monsters from MH in FFXV.

Splatoon x Final Fantasy XV, let's go.

Top Bottom