• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final month to E3 2012: GAF's Predictions

I don't keep up with Sony much so I'll just do MS and Nintendo.

Microsoft
Halo 4 campaign demo
Kinect demos
a couple of third party game trailers
MGS Vancouver game
Fable: The Journey preview
a surprise third party exclusive

Nintendo
Retro studios Wii U game
Mario Wii U preview
new Zelda for 3DS announcement
Pikmin 3 preview
a surprise revival of old IP for Wii U
Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 for 3DS

gaming_noob

Playstation Battle Royale trounces all Smash Bros games in gameplay, combined, garners hysterical hype from the media and sells 12 million copies thereby spawning yearly rosters /updates and becomes the next COD.

DJIzana

Final Fantasy 7 remake for Wii U as launch title.
One can dream to imagine the chaos.

I don't even think Square Enix is even THAT stupid.

I like Nintendo but A. Bring Versus XIII out first... B. They had already mentioned they don't want to touch a remake of VII. (Probably worried that they'd ruin it in some way... and with the way the company has been performing lately, I can't really blame them.)

Raxus

I am still secretly hoping everyone at Konami take a hit off the same bong again.

Other than that I predict E3 will follow the same tradition of the past 2 years. Painfully dull. Especially with the new console announcements pushed back.

hatchx

Banned
Microsoft
Halo 4, and I'm hoping a new high quality franchise.

Sony
Syphon Filter either on Vita or PS3.
No Bioshock shown for Vita. A big part of their show is how the new COD on Vita is extremely similar to the console versions.

Nintendo
I really think the name of the WiiU will change.
I think Nintendo will roll out with one 'surprise' 3rd party partner. Be it Gabe Newell and some Wii U ports, someone from Rockstar with GTA5, or Square-Enix with a big port announcement. Ports with a screen are the name of the game, I wouldn't expect any big exclusives from any third party other than Ubi Soft.
Almost nothing new for 3DS other than release dates for games we already know about. If anything gets announced, it's a new Zelda, and it WILL have multiplayer.

HylianTom

Banned
Wii U:
- Pikmin 3 is Nintendo's first-party headliner.
- 2D Mario title will be the first-party second fiddle
- On-stage demonstrations of several high-profile third-party launch titles will occur. Expect lulz.
- Nintendo reveals one final secret regarding the uPad. Although Nintendo intentionally gave them plenty of time for copying the controller, it's too late for MS or Sony to copy this final secret.
- A new Reggie catchphrase is born.
- The world witnesses a brand new iconic moment in Miyamoto's on-stage history. We'll see images of this moment plastered everywhere.
- A repeat of the Great Wii Stampedes of 2006 is witnessed. Enthusiast gaming press snobs will witness this every morning and just. won't. get. it.

Sony and Microsoft:
- both of them reveal next-gen plans. But these reveals are very limited, and mainly intended to take thunder away from the Wii U.

NeoGAF:
- Nintendo fans are in their glory. Nothing will kill their enthusiasm; this is Christmas & Mardi Gras & Steak-&-B.J. Day combined for them. The countdown to Launch Day will begin!
- Non-Nintendo fans are largely unimpressed. However - seeing the Wii U craziness will make them sad that the new Sony and MS systems are still soooo faarrr awaaaaayyyyy..

Medalion

Banned
WiiU reveal price to be $599

Gaf 599 error for a week straight
I am hoping for a price not higher than $299 for Wii U and a rebrand, Pikmin 3 and something else that entices a purchase right from the get go instead some years down the line, like with every other console.
No pricing info at E3 was confirmed at latest Nintendo Investor Meeting

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm honestly not expecting a price or date announcement.

That being said I am convinced it will launch on Nov. 18.

-We will try to see through the tarp covering the Nintendo booth
-The forces of gravity will be present
-Ubisoft will hire an annoying person to host their conference
-Oxygen will present within the expo
-100% certainty that Nintendo's stock prices will drop
-Tak Fuji hosts Konami's conference solo (in all seriousness, I would love to see that)
-Capcom announces RE6: Special Edition preempting the release of the vanilla version of RE6
-Iwata will drop bombs

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Microsoft

Moar Kinect
Call of Duty on stage demo

Sony

Last Guardian
Final Fantasy Type-0 Vita
New Ratchet and Clank, with beta coming in R&C HD collection

Nintendo

Wii U madness
Pikmin 3 launch title for WiiU

Wishes

Beyond Good and Evil 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Psychonauts 2
Ape Escape 4
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
PS4
Xbox 720
Vita price drop
3DS redesign and more colors
Metroid 3DS

BY2K

Membero Americo
Added a Bonus Question.

Bonus Question: Overall, will this E3 be better than last year's, or any other past E3 (specify which)?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Don't know who made this one, but it's still great.

kfif8.gif

Misterhbk

Sony:
- Vita Price Drop (219 for 3G, 169 for WiFi)
- Final Fantasy X HD Release Date
- Final Fantasy Type-0 Vita
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII footage w/ 2013 release window given
- Last of Us blows everyone away
- PS All-Stars Release Date
- Kingdom Hearts HD collection (for PS3 and Vita)
- Infamous Vita announced
- Kill Zone Vita shown and dated
- New Metal Gear for Vita (possibly new acid game)
- 3rd Party Vita games get fall 2012 release dates
- Call of Duty
- Assassins Creed
- Bioshock (coming 2013 actually)
- Several Different Sports Games
- Montage of other Vita games on the way

No fucks given about the other two

McHuj

MS:

Kinect
Streaming Content Services
Halo 4 and the CoD.
No mention of next gen systems, but another 360 redesign.

MS usually has some sort of teaser for the upcoming year like Halo 4 last year or Project Natal. This year there won't be anything about 2013 so that will all but confirm next gen console for the following year.

Zeal

Banned
Microsoft ends with the typical "Oh, and one last thing" moment, and this is even after the Halo 4 gameplay trailer.

Xbox Next is given an ominous but epic sneak peak. Bricks shat.

Nintendo
-3DS can act as a controller and screen for WiiU
-New SmashBros, Mario, and Fire Emblem shown
-The theater is flooded with people wearing pimkin hats

Sony
-Uses math to prove that Vita is awesome
-At least 6 montage videos are shown
-New LBP licensed game (not the racing one)

Microsoft
-Painful to watch kinet Demo's
-Demo of Call of Duty: Extra Duty-ing fails to do anything new or cool.
-Fall Update announcements.
-Halo 4: the haloing Demo blows minds

NeoUltima

Is it wrong that the part of this E3 I look forward to most is laughing at press conferences?
I want more Konami hillarity...best-worst conference ever in 2010 and then they troll us with pre-recorded conference in 2011 (I still can't believe they hosted viewing parties for it, lmao).

I already know there won't be any huge announcements from anyone. Just Wii U info and games games games. All the MS and Sony bombshells are next gen related and they already said they ain't talking about new consoles at E3. I'd love to be wrong though.

DJIzana

Is it wrong that the part of this E3 I look forward to most is laughing at press conferences?
I want more Konami hillarity...best-worst conference ever in 2010 and then they troll us with pre-recorded conference in 2011 (I still can't believe they hosted viewing parties for it, lmao).

I already know there won't be any huge announcements from anyone. Just Wii U info and games games games. All the MS and Sony bombshells are next gen related and they already said they ain't talking about new consoles at E3. I'd love to be wrong though.

I'm sure you wont be alone, I'll probably be doing a lot of /facepalming when Square shows off their stuff.

I am expecting Nintendo's E3 to be an absolute treat. We're finally going to see some real Wii U games, and have the console's features fully outlined.

I don't know what to expect from Sony and Microsoft. Some new Xbox Live Arcade games popping up would be nice, as I am really enjoying games released on the service lately.

Portal 3 mentioned by Valve? No preview, and no platform specified, however.

Splinter Cell 6 will be revealed, and Ubisoft tries to compensate the bickering of SC fanboys with a mix of Conviction and classic stealth. The end results will still be shitty.

ampere

Konami will have a jaw dropping conference (in a bad way).

I'm really curious what this Wii-U re-reveal will entail. Will they change the name? Introduce it in another way? I'm definitely expecting some more game demos if the thing is really coming out this year.

Microsoft
-Painful to watch kinet Demo's
-Demo of Call of Duty: Extra Duty-ing fails to do anything new or cool.
-Fall Update announcements.
-Halo 4: the haloing Demo blows minds
More like, Halo 4: Start Another Fight
:lol

boiled goose

good with gravy
Nintendo.

WiiU spec-wise will be better than PS360 in some areas, worse in other.
Pikmin 3 looks just like pikmin 2 in HD. Worse than most current gen stuff.
Retro working on NSMB Mii for WiiU.
Wii sports U and other minigames make up largest portion of Nintendo presentation.
Single tablet per console.
No COD, RE6, or GTAV for WiiU.
3DS revision announced. 3DS+. no new functionality other than larger memory. single stick.
No starfox, Fzero, or Metroid.
Smash Brothers U shown. Same engine as brawl, to ensure 3DS compatibility.

NintendoGAF implodes.

Jintor

People begin to notice that a quarter of the way through the MS livestream, that all of the livestreams have suddenly picked up two random commentators. People just kind of shrug it off as they're not that intrusive and people are eager to not miss a second. Slowly, the voices of the commentators become more and more familiar, posts such as

'Hey chums, why are the WWE commentators commentating all of the E3 livestreams, what the S?' are being made.

People are confused, but the conference is picking up momentum so nobody really stops to think about it. Microsoft are on the verge of something good, Don Mattrick's been smiling cheekily throughout the whole conference, there have been hints that something big's about to go down.

"Ladies and Gentleman, we are pleased to be about to deliver what we deem our greatest entertainment announcement in the company's history. Commencing this fall, you will see the franchise in the following trailer launch exclusively on the Xbox 360'.

Room goes dark with epic shut off the lights sound effects echoing loudly. The screen goes black. 10 seconds pass, nothing. 20 seconds, the crowd start making provocative noises out of sheer excitement, 30 seconds 'what the s chums, are they even showing anything? What are they doing?'

Don Mattrick looks agitated, he quickly orders something to the backstage crew down his headset. Nothing's happening.

The WWE commentators are confused, one of them mentions that there must be a technical difficulty.

Something's wrong.

The lights are about to come back on when

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV8WRarFMCA

Reggie Fils Aime runs through the crowd wearing only a thong, he runs on the stage and starts beating the absolute shit out of Don Mattrick. The crowd goes wild, the WWE commentators are constantly shouting 'ohhhh' as Reggie lands every successive hit. Chokeslam 'ohhhhhh!' The Rock Bottom 'OHHHHHHHHHHH'.

Security are about to come on to refrain Reggie, but Miyamoto and Iwata run in and start beating them up with steel chairs. Miyamoto climbs a random ladder and moonsaults off, Iwata does the european Slam on Phil Harris.

Reggie finishes off by ripping off an elbow pad, thowing it into the crowd who have gone absolutely wild and then performing the peoples elbow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JAa3NvP6f4

Plays and the three men walk off camera.

I'm fucking crying with laughter you son of a bitch

I honestly have no idea what really to expect from either MS or Sony other than whats already been posted.

Nintendo could have some huge surprises up their sleeve with the Wii-U and software wise. I'm mostly hyped for that.

Actually, I really believe that HL3 is gonna be revealed.

Medalion

Banned
Nintendo.

WiiU spec-wise will be better than PS360 in some areas, worse in other.
Pikmin 3 looks just like pikmin 2 in HD. Worse than most current gen stuff.
Retro working on NSMB Mii for WiiU.
Wii sports U and other minigames make up largest portion of Nintendo presentation.
Single tablet per console.
No COD, RE6, or GTAV for WiiU.
3DS revision announced. 3DS+. no new functionality other than larger memory. single stick.
No starfox, Fzero, or Metroid.
Smash Brothers U shown. Same engine as brawl, to ensure 3DS compatibility.

NintendoGAF implodes.
So much faith you have

It will be my first E3 Gaf. Mostly excited for Wii U. If there's anything Smash Bros, it would be a huge tease. Maybe Dojo updates would start up again!

Top Bottom