• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors DLC fully revealed

A few months after Legends came out they released all of its specific new characters (Linkle, Toon Link, etc.) as regular DLC on Wii U. They did that around the same time round 2 of the DLC started.
ahh ok, I had already permanently removed the game from the Wii U by then, so I missed that. Still months...fucking hell thats shit.

Sure but if enough people look at the roster and think "eh, I'm good", then there won't be a series to begin with.

The first entry as to excite people beyond the promise of "don't worry guys the next game will be better."
I mean sure, but Fire Emblem's roster is fucking massive, they werent going to excite everyone. I've been playing fire emblem for 14 years and I find this roster far more exciting than the lords of every fire emblem.

but you had to buy the 3DS version to get the characters on Wii U. It was super fucked. $40 to get linkle and a game I didnt want. So I just walked away.
Wait what? You mean the Legends Pack that was available to purchase on Wii U afterwards like they said? It was a couple of months later I believe.

tumblr_static_2vxc41nnvdwkkg08g8kkwww44.gif

I'm happy. Husbando.

Tharja being DLC sadly won't bite them in the ass at all, it'll print money just like they want them to.

Fuckin BS. One of the most popular characters in Awakening relegated to DLC just to get dat dlc money. Such a douche move

HotHamBoy

I saw a commercial for this game on TV today and all I could think was "how many people seeing this commercial even give a shit or know wtf Fire Emblem is?"

PsionBolt

Still no characters from Mystery or New Mystery! The SD pack was the last hope, and now it's gone.

...I suppose this'll be the last thread I get to post this in, since I'm no longer holding out any potential interest in picking this game up. Oh well.

(Somewhere at Koei Tecmo HQ)

ALARM BLARING, PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND, DEATH STAR VIBES

Koei Tecmo Grunt: Sir, we've exhausted all the weeaboos' wallets! They've purchased all the waifu costumes and character passes, what should we do!?

Koei Tecmo Leader: Hm...what about the gays? Have we taken their money yet?

Koei Tecmo Grunt: Well, no sir, we...

Koei Tecmo Leader: Excellent. Make Niles playable.

(Back at NeoGAF)

Lights and Waves: YAS Niles is in!

OMG I saw this after I posted my little cheer for Niles. So predictable.

OVDRobo

I'm surprised it's only been mentioned once so far, but what are the 'broken-armor models' being added with the DLC that are mentioned in the linked article.

Please don't tell me they're adding DLC 'clothing damage'. I know it was in Fates but please just quarantine that stuff to your mobile spin-offs where it belongs.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm surprised it's only been mentioned once so far, but what are the 'broken-armor models' being added with the DLC that are mentioned in the linked article.

Please don't tell me they're adding DLC 'clothing damage'. I know it was in Fates but please just quarantine that stuff to your mobile spin-offs where it belongs.

It's going to be clothing damage. The bonus for getting the season pass is Lucina in a wedding dress. They have an intended audience in mind and clothing damage is exactly what said audience will lap up.

Mory Dunz

I expect around 10m WW sales. After all, fire emblem is bigger than Mario in certain districts and providences and subsects

It's going to be clothing damage. The bonus for getting the season pass is Lucina in a wedding dress. They have an intended audience in mind and clothing damage is exactly what said audience will lap up.
wedding dresses arent exactly new to the series though. Awakening was 5 years ago.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The game already has a ton of characters, I'm cool with the season pass for this just like I was for hyrule warriors that added an insane amount of playtime to the game

if this pans out into a series this strategy is for the better anyway. The first game isn't just a horde of lords. The minor characters actually get to come out and play. If they went for all the main characters to represent each game than no way we get Cordelia, Lissa, or Frederick. History mode would also suffer. 3 games is a good starting point to actually have some decent representation from within. Picking the 3 best selling games in the series to start with also makes perfect sense.

Of course I'm still annoyed with the amount of clones and locking clones behind DLC despite already being in the game. Still, bring on a sequel with Eirika, Ephraim, and Joshua. Skip Ike though, hes super lame.

but you had to buy the 3DS version to get the characters on Wii U. It was super fucked. $40 to get linkle and a game I didnt want. So I just walked away.

unique movesets is definitely the most important part of the DLC characters. Something this game's DLC definitely appears to be lacking.

Theres a chance that the versions on the cart arent the final DLC versions, but I wouldnt have faith in that.

Buying 3ds was to get advanced access. You didn't need to buy it if you don't want.

I had a hunch the dlc was going to beacklsster given the quicker turnaround. Seems like that is playing out like I expected

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
Oboro and the other two npc being paid dlc is a real bummer. My only hope is that the costumes are drastic like the Ilia one in Hyrule Warriors, but I doubt it.

Gradivus

oops the followup that never happened was on the translation not the link lol
My bad, I forgot about it! Lol. There wasnt much info regarding Warriors there besides "helping with the profits" comment. Best wait a few months more info and numbers.

Anyways, the dlc is meh. No Warriors, Paladins with lances or Generals.

Xbro

if this pans out into a series this strategy is for the better anyway. The first game isn't just a horde of lords. The minor characters actually get to come out and play. 3 games is a good starting point to actually have some decent representation from within. Picking the 3 best selling games in the series to start with also makes perfect sense.

Yeah but then we won't get to see the characters in the other games interact with the characters in these three games.

I mean sure, but Fire Emblem's roster is fucking massive, they werent going to excite everyone. I've been playing fire emblem for 14 years and I find this roster far more exciting than the lords of every fire emblem.

At the very least they could add the most popular character in the series.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm okay with this roster, though the developers not pulling from more games is disappointing. I'd really like some PoR/RD representation in the future.

The most annoying part of this is that some of these characters are already in the game, and Hyrule Warriors set a great precedent of releasing such characters as free DLC.

OVDRobo

*Sigh*. I don't have any problem with people enjoying stuff like that but something feels wrong about it becoming part of the series' makeup. If that's the only way the series can survive then go for it, I guess.

I'll keep buying the games until they sink qualitatively low enough that I can't enjoy them anymore.

I'm a little disappointed that this is the first game with 'Fire Emblem' in the title since 2004 that I won't be buying (though that doesn't count TMS#FE on a technicality). Hopefully the people that pick it up get some enjoyment out of it. I'll personally keep waiting on more details for Fire Emblem Switch.

Golnei

I'm okay with this roster, though the developers not pulling from more games is disappointing. I'd really like some PoR/RD representation in the future.

The most annoying part of this is that some of these characters are already in the game, and Hyrule Warriors set a great precedent of releasing such characters as free DLC.

I don't see any point in complaining about the games being focused on - especially at this point - but including the NPCs as paid DLC is definitely the major disappointment here. Especially considering the high amount of potential overlap between players (or rather, the potential audience) of Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors; I really wasn't expecting their DLC plans to include characters already in the game.

At the very least they could add the most popular character in the series.

They did.

lynJiggle1.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see any point in complaining about the games being focused on - especially at this point - but including the NPCs as paid DLC is definitely the major disappointment here. Especially considering the high amount of potential overlap between players (or rather, the potential audience) of Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors; I really wasn't expecting their DLC plans to include characters already in the game.

They did.

lynJiggle1.gif

Agreed and agreed.

They should have added Mozu as a weak villager you have to level up until she can become OP and abuse the weapon triangle system.

real question, why do people like hyrule warriors DLC so much. I walked away from that game in anger when they tied the DLC character I actually wanted to a $40 port purchase. It was at the time the most infuriating DLC practice I had run in to.

and in the last batch of (known) dlc too, when interest wouldve been at its lowest.

All of the Hyrule Warriors Legends characters were available on the WiiU for $23.

There was a $12 pack to add the 5 new characters added in the game, and then it's $10 to get the DLC characters.

Sterok

I'll let the characters already in the game slide if they get unique movesets. Which apparently does happen in Musou games sometimes? But considering how the pegasus knights were handled I'm not super optimistic.

bman94

I’m actually pretty okay with this. Though I would have picked Lon’qu over Owain. Like does Owain even have fans?

Velcro Fly

Fire Emblem didn't exist before Awakening apparently. I get why they cater to this crowd but it really irks me. You know what characters are popular. There is no excuse for some of the more popular ones to not make it in as fan service DLC. Holding it back for the sequel I guess, which is awful. I will play and enjoy the game but the decision making process behind this is baffling to me.

Top Bottom