• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox |OT|

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Firefox has been a crashing piece of garbage since the update for me. Crashes a LOT, and only with a few tabs open to boot.

Considering trying Google Chrome despite my loathing of their info tracking if reinstalling FF doesn't fix this : /

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Firefox has been a crashing piece of garbage since the update for me. Crashes a LOT, and only with a few tabs open to boot.

Considering trying Google Chrome despite my loathing of their info tracking if reinstalling FF doesn't fix this : /

sync your profile, but only choose to save your bookmarks, history and addons. completely deinstall Firefox and nuke your profile. reinstall the program and sync your new profile. if it's still crashing, then it's likely a plugin or addon that's causing an issue.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

Personally I decided to finally switch from FF to Chrome after the beta of FF 15. FF has just become a bloated, memory-hogging mess.

TheMan

my laptop was infected with one of the worst trojans i've ever seen a few days ago. after managing to get rid of it (according to malwarebytes and microsoft security essentials), firefox has been acting up badly. the amount of memory it uses keeps creeping up the longer i keep it open, and as you can imagine browsing slows down significantly after a while.

is there a possibility that i'm still infected? i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox to no avail. any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Persona7

Banned
my laptop was infected with one of the worst trojans i've ever seen a few days ago. after managing to get rid of it (according to malwarebytes and microsoft security essentials), firefox has been acting up badly. the amount of memory it uses keeps creeping up the longer i keep it open, and as you can imagine browsing slows down significantly after a while.

is there a possibility that i'm still infected? i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox to no avail. any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Possibly, maybe the virus messed up some registry entries.

Did you run a virus scan on all of your removable storage / disks you might have burned since then?

TheMan

Possibly, maybe the virus messed up some registry entries.

Did you run a virus scan on all of your removable storage / disks you might have burned since then?

some of the files that were infected and had to be removed were from my registry...shit. does this means that i have to reinstall windows to fix this?

haven't used any removable storage

Blackhead

Redarse
I finally dumped liquid words (nee hyperwords). I couldn't load three pages for thirty minutes without a rainbow spinner and firefox suggesting that the script should be killed. Any suggestions for alternatives?

What's the best extension to make Firefox find in page feature like the chrome/safari find in page?

GAF is logging me out every few minutes. It started when I was messing with LastPass yesterday and thought that was the problem. I uninstalled the addons for it and now the problem has persisted. I checked my settings and the cookies have been set to expire (same as always). Ugh, I'm only having this problem with GAF and Firefox. Chrome is fine.

Blackhead

Redarse
Chrome has been updated for the OS X HiDPI mode. Firefox nowhere to be seen :/

I don't know if it's the disabled hardware acceleration or memory leaks from extensions but this modified (for retina) firefox install starts slowing after every 30 mins or so. Thank goodness for Restartless Restart

Sagitario

Firefox started acting slow, with lag/sluggishness yesterday, and when I closed it to restart it, I got this:

4whqW.png

Any clues?

After I restarted it, it continued to act that way (and I was only browsing GAF).

neoanarch

Somebody should make an Opera OP. I know there are quite a few Gaffers who use it. Any takers?

Would be deader than this one. I think the only reason the chrome one is so big is Andrex.

On Aurora I haven't noticed any updates lately and surely enough its up to date. Silent updates are ace.

Izick

Would be deader than this one. I think the only reason the chrome one is so big is Andrex.

On Aurora I haven't noticed any updates lately and surely enough its up to date. Silent updates are ace.

Does that matter? It would be nice to have a centralized thread for the browser.

zou

Ugh, favicons are still fucked with the latest versions and none of the addons manage to restore the original functionality. They all have a noticeable delay until they show the icon. Fuck this shit.

Guess I'm stuck on 11.0a2 until I find a version that lets me keep my current settings/styles.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I forgot about Home Dash. It would have been especially good for touch screens if it had a few gestures. Still hilarious that GAF is in that screenshot.

Not a Firefox update as such but I had Flash player update today and it has fixed the problem where when first starting FF it would load and then go to the background as if there was another window in front. I can now start typing in the search bar straight away and not have it drop out on me, Yay. Overall feels better too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Did Firefox 14 update borked Snap Links Plus? I can still drag to create an area to open links, but the links itself aren't highlighted.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Firefox 15 came out today. Also, the Android version is lovely on the Nexus 7.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
After updating I was getting a weird pop-up error that said "TypeError: can't access dead object" and locked up the whole browser window forcing me end the process through Task Manager. After the painful process of disabling and enabling each of my addons, restarting over and over, I figured out out it was being caused by DragDropUpload. So I replaced it with EZ Drag-n-Drop and no more errors. Just posting about it here in case anyone else runs into this.

Top Bottom