• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First free killzone shadow fall mp maps revealed

Loudninja

Spoilers!

Today we’re giving you a sneak peak at the first pair of downloadable multiplayer maps for Killzone Shadow Fall, inspired by key locations from the single-player campaign. The maps will be released to the community free of charge, and will be fully compatible with Killzone Shadow Fall’s Custom Warzone feature.
First up is The Cruiser, a close-to-mid-range combat map set in the confines of a decommissioned ISA cruiser. Consisting of tight, claustrophobic corridors and interconnected compartments, the key to dominating this map is identifying and controlling its choke points.

Next is The Hangar, a wide-open map situated in the hangar bay of one of Helghan’s humongous mining spires. In addition to the main area, which offers long lines of sight suitable for sniping, the map contains alternative routes that will need to be secured for full control.

http://www.killzone.com/en_GB/blog/...ee-killzone-shadow-fall-mp-maps-revealed.html

KOHIPEET

Can't wait, the maps look awesome. But I'm still more excited about that jungle map they've shown. (With a tiny thumbnail)

dugdug

Banned
Free DLC map packs are exactly why I bought KZ over CoD or BF4. Whoever made that choice at Guerrilla or Sony should be rewarded.

GregHorrorShow

Neo Member
They look great, nice to see them supporting the community with maps that everyone will be able to play - rather than splitting the player base between those with/without DLC.

Nice to see and I will try them, but the online population is waning and was never really strong to begin with. 12v12 is the only popular playlist and it comes with a bad framerate. They launched without essential features and it's hurting them.

Cudder

How do you "reveal" new maps with a brief description and single screenshot of each? Where's the in game pics, or video fly throughs?

Huggers

GG are awesome. I am totally hooked on Shadow Fall's multiplayer. Looking forward to free new maps, makes me want to give them money ironically

How do you "reveal" new maps with a brief description and single screenshot of each? Where's the in game pics, or video fly throughs?
Probably this way because they're free and so they don't need to sell us on them. They'll come out and we'll play them :)

I sure as hell wouldn't mind map overheads with named sections and gametype icons (beacon locations and the like) tho. Anything that could help bring new players up to speed.

Animator

Wait the maps are all free DLC or is this a one time thing?

If it is the former I will buy Killzone when I get a PS4 even though I have no interest in the game.

EL CUCO

If it is the former I will buy Killzone when I get a PS4 even though I have no interest in the game.

All the DLC maps will be free.

Edit:Robo beat me to it. *kicks rock*

Is there more people playing MP now? Back around launch there was always less than 1000 people playing which struck me as really sad. I traded the game in because the SP was so bad it kind of ruined everything for me.

Gaz_RB

Is there more people playing MP now? Back around launch there was always less than 1000 people playing which struck me as really sad. I traded the game in because the SP was so bad it kind of ruined everything for me.

There was a large bump shortly after Christmas. Haven't played in the past week or so though.

Clinton514

The Cruiser Map in Killzone 2 was awesome.

I'm still holding out on getting a PS4 right now. Looking at my local Best Buy I see they got some new stock...so tempting after seeing these too.

TaKeRx

I was also going online constantly, but the scene looks dead. Hopefully this can bring people back in?

All MP maps will be released free for KZSF, they are only going to charge for upcoming DLC stuff like the coop mode stuff they are adding.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wonder if the free maps thing is going to become regular for Sony. KZSF, KZM, and GoWA all did it. I could see them making DLC maps free to extend the community and adding more paid personalization stuff like in GoW and KZSF.

Free maps in this day and age really is a miracle.

Yeah I'm really shocked and impressed with this move. Would've expected a $14.99 map pack, like all the other douchebag pubs out there.

Remember when you used to unlock additional content in games?

:nostalgia-sigh:

Moofers

I'm still waiting for information on our damn Horde Mode DLC! Its one of the main reasons I bought the game, dammit! I hope it doesn't launch is like fucking March or something. Right now would've been perfect. :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm still waiting for information on our damn Horde Mode DLC! Its one of the main reasons I bought the game, dammit! I hope it doesn't launch is like fucking March or something. Right now would've been perfect. :(
They didn't start work on it until after the game launched and it seems like they're focusing on patching the base game first. March sounds likely.

Top Bottom