• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First free killzone shadow fall mp maps revealed

I hope not. Controlls in the zero section in singleplayer weren't great. I don't want to shoot while awkwardy floating around.

And wouldn't gun recoil make you spin backwards like a motherfucker in zero g?

There was zero g section in KZ3, you had magnetized boots. You just had floating debris cover and lot of visual stuff, but other than jumping and muted sound effects, it was same thing.

No one else is worries about declining MP numbers?
I've seen a massive falloff for my time zone PST.

Why worry, just play the game and enjoy it, also free maps is a good way to entice people to play. You don't need to have CoD like numbers of players online to have an active community, there is tons of open games to join in SF. With similar numbers you still got lot of folks playing years later KZ2 and 3

I wonder if the free maps thing is going to become regular for Sony. KZSF, KZM, and GoWA all did it. I could see them making DLC maps free to extend the community and adding more paid personalization stuff like in GoW and KZSF.

The Last Of Us also got some additional free multiplayer maps iirc.
I appreaciate it.

Making critical content free for everyone and offer optional stuff like skins for money is a DLC model I can really dig.

Ilúvatar;97220738 said:
As long as there are enough people playing to have even one warzone going I'll be a happy camper

Yes but we'll reach a point where people just abandon it altogether if the numbers keep dropping.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The Last Of Us also got some additional free multiplayer maps iirc.
I appreaciate it.

Making critical content free for everyone and offer optional stuff like skins for money is a DLC model I can really dig.
I hope it catches on. I could see it being really profitable as well since people will probably be more likely to drop cash on customization if everything else is included in the $60 and skins cost so little to make.

Is there more people playing MP now? Back around launch there was always less than 1000 people playing which struck me as really sad. I traded the game in because the SP was so bad it kind of ruined everything for me.

It is still around 1000 people when I played a couple of days ago. I don't understand why people need more that 100 people as long as they are playing your game type. I was playing Unreal Tournament 2008 yesterday and it had 10 people which was enough for me to play a game. I can always get in a game in Killzone within seconds. Nobody is going to play non-Guerrilla created Warzones regardless of the number of players.

Plus thanks to bots I would be OK if there would zero players. The bots are surprisingly good in Killzone games.

Sophia

I've seen anywhere between 400 and 1500 players depending on the time of day. Which isn't exactly good. I hope these maps (and patches) bring the playerbase in, because the multiplayer is genuinely amazing.

The Cruiser looks like my kind of map too.

Free is good. They need to fix the spawn camping though. Depending on player spawn beacons is not enough. At this point I'm more interested in the co op...

madmad90

Banned
Should tell you something, that these maps are free. Although its awesome for players, it also seems to mean that way to few people would actually buy them.

Dibbz

Player counts are same as before for me here in Europe. 1000+ on TDM and 1200+ split across Classic and 24p Warzone.

Also madmad, maps were announced free long before the game was out so take your conspiracy theories elsewhere.

EGM1966

How do you "reveal" new maps with a brief description and single screenshot of each? Where's the in game pics, or video fly throughs?

Easily - given as a "reveal" is going from knowing nothing to knowing the basics. TBH they could have provided less info and it would still technically be a reveal.

Further videos, etc that explore the maps would be welcome though.

Yes but we'll reach a point where people just abandon it altogether if the numbers keep dropping.

That doesn't usually happen unless a game is strictly matchmaking, which this isn't.

Heck I play Star Wars Battlefront 2 on a regular basis, that's many years old now and there is usually less than 100 players online, but there is always active servers of people playing.

KZ2 and 3 had similar player counts years ago, and ppl still play that today and it's easy to get into a match.

Should tell you something, that these maps are free. Although its awesome for players, it also seems to mean that way to few people would actually buy them.

Umm no, they announced all maps for the game were going to be free many months before the game even released.

Top Bottom