• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at NEW RoboCop Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xero

First thought that came to me exactly. It doesn't look like a robot...it's a dude in a suit. And yes Robocop is supposed to have once been a man, but in the first movie his original body was so badly mutilated that I assume they just used his head and brain. The rest of it was all robot.

He had to have more then his head and brain being a robot, since they had to feed him that past for his bio functions. So I assume much of his necessary organs are still present, and he can still digest food. I suppose they could have replaced his entire body, but it seems unnecessary to replicate certain of his bodies function with machines, if his organs were still intact.

I'm witholding judgement on the new movie until I see it in action though.

panty

It needs to be silver. I don't think that's anywhere near the final but looks like somekind of underarmor for Batman.

SILVER

ElRenoRaven

oh fuck that shit. That's beyond hideous. Fuck them for making this piece of shit and ruining the franchise even worse then they already did.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
It needs to be silver. I don't think that's anywhere near the final but looks like somekind of underarmor for Batman.

SILVER

ZLlqF.jpg

nubbe

He had to have more then his head and brain being a robot, since they had to feed him that past for his bio functions. So I assume much of his necessary organs are still present, and he can still digest food. I suppose they could have replaced his entire body, but it seems unnecessary to replicate certain of his bodies function with machines, if his organs were still intact.

I'm witholding judgement on the new movie until I see it in action though.

They keep the spine of course for nerve connections to the machine parts
And he eats nutrition goo

ifvw6.jpg

VqnML.jpg

Marco1

I imagine that there will be post-processing and CGi added to make it look better but I wish they had stuck to the original more.
Also I think the hand human hand is more of a joke to the original line that said, "lose the hand!"

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I am reminded of the LOST IN SPACE movie's take on Robby.

Blecch.
Not to be "that guy," but Robbie the Robot is from Forbidden Planet. The robot from Lost in Space is simply named Robot (or Robot B-9, if you want to get technical).

That said, the new RoboCop suit looks terrible.

big_z

glass helmet doesnt make any sense but im digging the popped robo collar. no robo can get it on at the club.

What? What? Tell me!

Nothing on my part. That little shoulder section looks better than the set pic, which I guess was expected.

I am just wondering how that look would be in a full shot post production. It''s gonna look all shiny black, everything. But with little red lights in places?

Looking Batman Beyond ish, haha.

We shall see.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
What? What? Tell me!

That was from the Omni Corp viral teaser, this look was expected but still manages to be horrible when seeing more of it. It's just going to be made a bit more shiny in post.

I had forgotten about this image. That looks much more "robotic" and what we are seeing in these set picture who may indeed just be a guy in a suit in the movie than then gets "upgraded" after he gets Murphy'd.

Nah, looks roughly the same to me just without the extra touches.

And if Murphy isn't just Murphy when he's shot to bits then you destroy that whole element of the film completely.

strobogo

Banned
I'd rather have a Robocop 4 that ignores 3 and has Peter Weller. They could CGI the suit most of the time like they've done for Iron Man. There are a lot of reboots that I'm pretty indifferent to or supportive of, but this one bums me out. I feel like there will be a Terminator reboot in the next few years.

I'd rather have a Robocop 4 that ignores 3 and has Peter Weller. They could CGI the suit most of the time like they've done for Iron Man. There are a lot of reboots that I'm pretty indifferent to or supportive of, but this one bums me out. I feel like there will be a Terminator reboot in the next few years.

A long time ago, I spoke to Ed Neumeier about some ideas he had for a sequel that would scrap everything but the original. Basically, Robocop ended up being moth-balled, only to be brought out to fight the War on Terror. Sounded pretty funny.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
A long time ago, I spoke to Ed Neumeier about some ideas he had for a sequel that would scrap everything but the original. Basically, Robocop ended up being moth-balled, only to be brought out to fight the War on Terror. Sounded pretty funny.

Homeland Security gone mad? That sounds more like it.

Imagine the prime directives for racial profiling!

mjc

Maybe the suit he's wearing on set is a stand in for a CGI suit? (ALA Iron Man and what Robert Downey wears on set?)

GrayFoxPL

Maybe Robocop is both white and black so to be homeboy for everyone.

He needs to speak some spanish too.

"Gracias for your cooperation dawg!"

Boring!

Why change the suit? There's nothing wrong with the old suit. It's iconic and there's absolutely no good reason to change it.

Most of the people that will go watch this opening weekend will be doing so purely for nostalgia. Drastically altering the suit is a good way to drive them away.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I wish Aronosfky had gone ahead with it, at least we would have got something very different but interesting then.

Murphy doing heroin or something to cope, probably like Verhoeven is doing lately.

near

Gold Member
Looks identical to this minus the belt and bat mask:

6GCLx.jpg

Which is a shame because the Robocop 1987 suit was far more original and relevant. Fuck this new piece of shit. :(

kS53y.jpg

I like it! Screw the haters!

"wah wah it doesnt look like a cop!"

*proceed to post images of cops in RL and in fiction that resemble this design*

near

Gold Member
I like it! Screw the haters!

"wah wah it doesnt look like a cop!"

*proceed to post images of cops in RL and in fiction that resemble this design*

This is a remake not an original concept, and as a remake it doesn't do much in staying true to it's heritage, in fact far from it. It looks like shit and as a fan of the series, I'm offended. So I'll hate because I think I have a right to! :(

Double D

Maybe they'll have a bunch of crazy CG shit that they'll add in that's just popping up all over the suit. I don't know.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Looks more like a suit than an actual robot. With the old Robocop it was easier to believe that the metal was actually him and not a suit.

This. If they omit the sound effects when he moves it is going to completely take the charm from the character.

The original looked and sounded heavy as fuck, and seemed like there was merely a shred of a man left inside the construction. This new thing looks like they wrapped him in heavy rubber and plastic and called it a day.

d0c_zaius

This thread, obviously.

really? because I (along with numerous people) fucking hate it and said nothing about it not looking like a cop, which is a dumb as hell reason regardless. But if you think a good way to make a point is to discount others with "wah wah" then good luck with that jr.

This is a remake not an original concept, and as a remake it doesn't do much in staying true to it's heritage, in fact far from it. It looks like shit and as a fan of the series, I'm offended. So I'll hate because I think I have a right to! :(

BUT IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE A COP !!!11!!! (near is correct)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom