• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First reactions to The Fate of the Furious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Tokyo Drift is underrated af
Dont forget Keiichi Tsuchiya the Drift King cameo!
tumblr_mfh387SxE31rpdptuo2_500.gif

I got a kick out of that... totally didn't expect to see him fishing at the pear.

I can't wait for this series to get its continuity all the way up to Pitch Black and the Chronicles of Riddick, just like Asimov's magisterially Robot/Empire/Foundation saga

Riddick's planet is called "Furia," just saying

TheVBkid

Banned
I love how everyone in these movies magically became trained special forces, when they were just small time street racers to begin with.

samn

7 was so terrible that I'm extremely leary about this one. I wasn't especially crazy about 6 either, though it was a masterpiece of cinema compared to 7. Hope 8 is good!

I would start with 4 (it leads directly into 5, the best in the series, and at least in tone is a bit of a soft reboot that got us the current movies), but you should at minimum be familiar with 1's story because much of the plot is concerned with what happened there.

4 is one of the worst. Incredibly boring

Yeah. 4 is the one I remember absolutely nothing in it and it's for sure the worst of them.

Like at least with 2 Fast 2 Furious I got some Tyrese quotes and forget about it cuhhh

4...Nothing

5taquitos

Is there any other series that has had this many numbered releases in theaters?

Only Bond, Star Wars, and Star Trek come to mind.

Yeah. 4 is the one I remember absolutely nothing in it and it's for sure the worst of them.

Like at least with 2 Fast 2 Furious I got some Tyrese quotes and forget about it cuhhh

4...Nothing

4 is forgettable and generic. It's like a set-up establishing episode before things actually get good.

Also 3 was made retroactively even better by 6. Han, the best character in the series, spouts off some forgettable words of wisdom to the main character wabaki at multiple points in Tokyo Drift. And, amazingly, all of those forgettable things about money not being as important as the people you surround yourself with are actually directly tied in to what happened to Han in 6, getting crazy amounts of money and his freedom but losing his girl.

big_z

I mean, I'm gonna be there Day One.

But aren't those preview opinions always super positive?

Seems that way and with the last movie a bunch of gaffers that screened it were praising like it was the best FF movie but it ended up being garbage.

When clean impressions start popping up I hope we can get a comparison of where this sits... im hoping its like 5 and not stupid like 7.

scitek

I still think making an entire trilogy that fit between 2 and 3 was a bonkers way of doing things. Love the franchise, though.

Tiberius

It's incredible how a movie who was just a point break "remake" at the beginning became a cult serie with 8 + movies and probably better than the source material

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Still hungry bruh.

TD and Fast Five are still the franchise best. Justin Lin is what made the franchise.

4 is the most forgetful and dull.

ramparter

Banned
I've never seen any of these films. I don't give a shit about cars or car culture so I always assumed they weren't for me. Plus I don't like Vin Diesel in general (his Groot performance is okay).

Given these things, which of the films should I start with?

Damn I'd love to see this on cinema but haven't watched 7 yet.

I know it's fucked up how they got from 1 to 5+ but how did they go from 4 to 5. 4 is legitimately horrible, I was so excited when they announced the family was back but that was atrocious and then they made god damn cinematic history with 5. Doesnt make sense.

Everyone loves that Doomsday Device but it's the bit just before it that's the most hype, when they square off 2 v 2 with the epic music. People went nuts at that moment in my cinema.

this_guy

I don't want to hear that it keepings upping the amount of stupid. 7 wasn't as good as the previous 2 because of this (although jumping between skyscrapers TWICE was genius)

They should dial it back down to Fast Five's level of stupid. You know, for the realism.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to hear that it keepings upping the amount of stupid. 7 wasn't as good as the previous 2 because of this (although jumping between skyscrapers TWICE was genius)

They should dial it back down to Fast Five's level of stupid. You know, for the realism.

Fast Five was the last movie in this franchise that I thought was good, as well as fun.

The two movies after were only fun, which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom