• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First reactions to The Fate of the Furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2 Fast 2 Furious is a hidden gem in the series. People have come around on Tokyo Drift but I can never forget how amazing 2 Fast was at the theaters. By far the funniest movie in the franchise and I'm glad Fast Five didn't skip over this one when assembling the crew. I can't help but think of Tyrese whenever someone mentions that they're hungry.

The only one I'd never recommend anyone to watch is 4. Which isn't an awful movie, just a terribly unmemorable one.

norm9

The only one I'd never recommend anyone to watch is 4. Which isn't an awful movie, just a terribly unmemorable one.

While 4 is the worst of the series because of its lack of cool cars, it IS necessary watching because of the amnesia angle that carries into the next one.

icespide

Banned
While 4 is the worst of the series because of its lack of cool cars, it IS necessary watching because of the amnesia angle that carries into the next one.

nah 4 is totally skippable. there are plenty of flash backs and exposition in fast 6 to catch people up

Brakke

Banned
Tokyo Drift is dope. Drift dates are silly in the best way; Han is the best character in anything ever; mad props for putting a bunch of manly, attractive Asian dudes on screen; walks the line between tourist-y and respectful of Tokyo; great soundtrack.

It's for sure corny and there's some terrible acting (the love interest girl is y i k e s), but the heart of Tokyo Drift is really in the right place, and it cares about things most cool dude action movies don't.

Man, all this hate for 4, while I remember digging it quite a bit. It wasn't amazing, but I had fun with it. (Paul Walker did a really nice job, and Justin Lin obviously knows his stuff.) I guess I should rewatch it, see if my opinion has changed.

Fast Five is definitely better, of course, but it's also basically the second half of 4.

jdstorm

Banned
4-6 sort of act as a complete trilogy. I usually call it the Letty Lost trilogy or the Wonder Woman trillogy. FAST4 is absolutely essential viewing.

ElyrionX

The Rock is so much more charismatic thab fucking Vin Diesel. They should put him front and center. He had the best lines in the previous movie while Vin Diesel's lines were mostly cheesey.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
$2 billion.

Next one to be set in space.

James Cameron will direct it and it has Vin and crew being unfrozen in the far future where they are tasked with stealing all the Unobtanium from Pandora as well as teaching those giant smurfs about what family is really about.

Wouldnt it be great if they just went Saints Row with this? Give everyone super powers in the next one? lol. Just turn it up to 11.

firelogic

5 was the best. It's been on a decline since then and I think the trend is going to continue with 8 based on the "dom's a traitor" angle which is obviously not true. Oh look, he didn't betray the family after all. He was just protecting us! Family hug!

Litan

5 was the best. It's been on a decline since then and I think the trend is going to continue with 8 based on the "dom's a traitor" angle which is obviously not true. Oh look, he didn't betray the family after all. He was just protecting us! Family hug!
So what? It's about the journey, the character interactions, the stunts.
Doesn't matter that we know Dom isn't really betraying them willingly.

Tokyo Drift has a great soundtrack.

Not to get off topic but last April when I visited tokyo my friend wanted to look at the museums and beautiful shit. Mranwhile I wanted to visit the locations where Tokyo drift was shot at lol. When he wanted to go and look for old video games I went looking for the Teriyaki Boyz Albums. Got all three 👍👍 I was kinda disapointed at shibuya crossing thought it'd be bigger and more people. That's the scene where they drift through the crowd right?

Tookay

I agree.

The reviews/impressions were really positive for F7 and I thought that was really weak, so I'll hold off on this.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
The Rock is so much more charismatic thab fucking Vin Diesel. They should put him front and center. He had the best lines in the previous movie while Vin Diesel's lines were mostly cheesey.

100% no.
If Dwayne Johnson takes over this franchise I guarantee the fans will leave.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Of course the follow-up to the best picture in the best action film series of all time is great.

Vic_Viper

Glad to see this series is still holding on strong. Cant believe this one is the start of a trilogy! Do we know who the characters are that are going to continue into the next few?

Remember seeing the original in theaters for the first time. My friends and I at the time went back to see it the next night lol. This series really has come such a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom