• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First reactions to The Fate of the Furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

george_us

i am gonna skip this one. i cant remember wtf happened in the last movie. Statham disappointed too. With Han and Paul Walker gone, the series needs new blood and Statham isnt doing anything for me. The rock can only do so much.

they needed a tom cruise or another A list actor like Will Smith. I guess they went for Charlize Theron but she will be just as limited in the villain role as Statham was in the last movie.
I'd legit preorder tickets a year in advance if they got Will Smith. Have Fast 9 tie in with Bad Boys 3.

The Bad and the Furious

I'll see myself out.

Schlorgan

Nah he Rock Bottomed his bald ass through a glass table tho

That glorious shot. It's so ridiculous, I love it.

Dgh570T.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What is the secret to these movies? They're dumb, like really dumb but for some reason everything just clicks. xXx: Return of Xander Cage was dumb too, but I was annoyed with that. I've enjoyed the majority of these Fast and Furious movies, outside of 2 Fast 2 Furious. There's just something special about this series' brand of dumb, I swear.

What is the secret to these movies? They're dumb, like really dumb but for some reason everything just clicks. xXx: Return of Xander Cage was dumb too, but I was annoyed with that. I've enjoyed the majority of these Fast and Furious movies, outside of 2 Fast 2 Furious. There's just something special about this series' brand of dumb, I swear.

F A M I L Y
A
M
I
L
Y

Schlorgan

I feel like everyone involved in those movies are having a great time making them and they just want the audience to have a great time watching them. There's a sincerity to them that I find endearing.

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast & Furious
Fast Five
Fast & Furious 6
Furious 7

Only thing more amazing than how the movies have evolved are all the different titles

icespide

Banned
The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast & Furious
Fast Five
Fast & Furious 6
Furious 7

Only thing more amazing than how the movies have evolved are all the different titles

is it Fast & Furious 6 or Furious 6? the actual title card in the movie is Furious 6

But 2 fast had eva Mendes. Tokyo was clearly the worst one and the rest has been pure escalating dumb fun

cdyhybrid

Likeable characters, and the actors really seem to enjoy playing them.

My dream is Liam Neeson as papa Shaw, but I would totally be down for this too.

This is gonna be fun, but I'm low key disappointed Donnie Yen isn't in this. He should be.

These would also be great.

clemenx

Banned
While fun, Fast 6 & 7 didn't get to Fast 5 level. It makes me exited that they're saying is different so maybe they can reach high highs again.

Hopefully F8 will join Fast 5 and 2F2F in the top tier of the franchise.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast & Furious
Fast Five
Fast & Furious 6
Furious 7

I expect by number 13 or 14 they just stop caring about the titles of the movies.

FASTY FAST FURIOUS FASTER FAMILY

I mean once the cast became this massive ensemble they all developed a pretty good chemistry and they all revel in how absurd the action set pieces are and the movies seem to acknowledge how absurd it all is while going "but hey this is pretty cool."

Can't speak to that new xXx but that always felt like "THIS IS SO EXTREEEMOUNTAINDEWMEEE" but had no real charm about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom