• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First White House petition demands Trump release tax returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/first-white-house-petition-trump-233927

The ”We the People" petition site created by the Obama Administration has been kept live by President Donald Trump's team as it relaunches the White House website, and the only petition now on the site, which has been wiped clean of Obama-era requests, demands that the new commander in chief release his tax returns.

”The unprecedented economic conflicts of this administration need to be visible to the American people, including any pertinent documentation which can reveal the foreign influences and financial interests which may put Donald Trump in conflict with the emoluments clause of the Constitution," the petition reads.

Link to petition:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...on-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance

Edit:
Second petition is for him to divest himself from his business
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-all-presidents-business-and-financial-assets

Flandy

C2pI_ICWQAUFSEP.jpg:large

lol

Just out of curiosity, could the Trump administration look at the people signing these petitions and put them on a list of undesirables, possibly singling them out?

That thought crossed my mind and makes me afraid to put my name on any petition like this.

ultron87

I managed to sign when it first went up.

The web developer in me wants to believe it's just being weird with counts and signing because a ton of people are trying to sign all at once, and not that they're maliciously deleting signatures and preventing people from signing. But who knows with this guy.

They had the plan in place to clear out the previous petitions, and didn't just shut the whole site down, so maybe they plan to keep it?

RCSI

Just out of curiosity, could the Trump administration look at the people signing these petitions and put them on a list of undesirables, possibly singling them out?

That thought crossed my mind and makes me afraid to put my name on any petition like this.

Of which would get firm response (legal, petitioning, and other forms) by the public and all media organizations. Don't be afraid to sign. It is up to us to make our voices heard through calls, letters, petitions and other communication to keep this administration in check.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Wasn't the WeThePeople thing an Obama initiative? Trump can just ignore this entirely.

Dali

Still holding strong at 5824. So apparently no one has been able to sign in the last 5 to 10 mins or longer.

Still holding strong at 5824. So apparently no one has been able to sign in the last 5 to 10 mins or longer.

Above where you enter your info, it says 4,632 for me now. At the bottom of the page it says 5744. ... Ok.

Wonder how long until Trump totally shuts down the petition site.

States need to pass laws that forbid anyone from being on the presidential ballot that has not released their tax returns by the first day of the primary.

WedgeX

Banned
I was finally able to sign on desktop (had tried with mobile before) but have also not received the confirmation email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom