• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First White House petition demands Trump release tax returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah I'm not volunteering my name for any list of "potential troublemakers" the Trump administration is going to have access to.

Y'all play that game if you want.

Whompa02

Should have released it before even being considered...it should be a fucking prerequisite to running for president.

gruenel

I really want to see his tax returns. There's got to be some damning shit in there considering how secretive he is about it.

Stasis

So slow confirmation emails? I was wondering if they were intentionally being blocked.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they were intentionally diverting resources from those servers to slow it down, so people forget or don't sign in time. I don't wanna be too conspiracy theory here, but hey.

Also, how does it verify US citizenship? I feel like it'd be easy to get a million foreigners to sign, but it wouldn't matter. I'm in Canada now. I could use my VPN to pretend I'm in NY but I'd rather do it legit. I *am* however an American citizen and absent/distant voted. I just live in Canada now. (Not because of Trump, though I'm certainly loving the move more now!)

Yeah I'm not volunteering my name for any list of "potential troublemakers" the Trump administration is going to have access to.

Suddenly, I remember a line from a certain film...

Fear became the ultimate tool of this government. And through it our politician was ultimately appointed to the newly created position of High Chancellor. The rest, as they say, is history.

Currently at 17,397. I would love for this to make it to 100k in a day.

What are the odds anything comes of this though? Can he still use the "audit" as an excuse? How long do audit investigations take anyway?

Also got my confirmation email finally.

Nafai1123

Banned
Currently at 17,397. I would love for this to make it to 100k in a day.

What are the odds anything comes of this though? Can he still use the "audit" as an excuse? How long do audit investigations take anyway?

Also got my confirmation email finally.

He never could use the audit excuse and everyone except his delusional supporters know it. The IRS themselves said there is literally nothing holding him back from releasing his taxes, audit or not.

Signed.

It did take about 30 minutes to receive the email to confirm my signature, in case you haven't received your confirmation yet.

I'm guessing the servers are overloaded with signature requests.

Yeah, I'm tempted to use a fake name and throwaway email address.

Let them come get me. I'm not afraid, and you shouldn't be either.

I brought up to my dad that the IRS has straight up said Trump can release his tax returns while being audited, and he replied, "How do you know the IRS representative isn't lying?"

Maybe this will be the longest audit in history.

8 years time and we'll get a heavily redacted version.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Signed it. The email took about a minute to get through, but otherwise it's been smooth since. Here's hoping it will lead to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom