• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fishing Resort (Prope/Yuji Naka/Wii) Coming to North america via XSEED

GhaleonQ

Drkirby said:
Does it come with that fishing rod plastic thing? That makes or breaks it.

2132455709_full.jpg

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/07/22/family_fishing_screens/2132455709
or
http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/07/22/family_fishing_screens/2132455708/

darkside31337 said:
Have absolutely no interest in this game but XSeed having a working relationship with Bamco is fantastic news.

There are a ton of games they could bring over that Bamco evidently wouldn't dare touch and would do a better job doing so in every possible way.

XSEED's had a working relationship with Namco Bandai for a long time. They seem to be Namco's preferred "We don't want to bring this game out here so have at it" publishing partner.

Drkirby said:
Does it come with that fishing rod plastic thing? That makes or breaks it.

Doesn't look like it.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Still no mention of MotionPlus... it's gonna be hard to justify picking this up when I know the controls are gonna be underwhelming.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, if NoA announced 2/3 of the Rainfall games for the Wii. I would instantly buy these because I'd already have the Wii out of storage and I'd probably love these. But I don't think these alone are enough to make me interested in my Wii.

Good for the people who still use their Wii a lot though

vall03

I barely know the details but is it some sort of Animal Crossing x Endless Ocean? heard some positive things about the game before...

Boerseun

Banned
Clearly this title is generating a lot of interest. It looks great, and Yuji Naka has been quietly kicking ass all gen without many people (unfortunately) taking notice. I assume Europe will be using the Japanese title, Family Fishing, to go with the Family Ski series.

The latter series is known as We Ski in North America. I hope they change this game's North American title to better reflect that connection. Fishing Resort sounds too much like the title of a lame third-party Nintendo knock-off, which you'll know if you played the fantastic Wii Ski/Family Ski games it certainly is not.

Off Topic: This is the fourth announcement thread we've had for this title. It would be great if a mod would merge them.

gamingeek

Boerseun said:
Off Topic: This is the fourth announcement thread we've had for this title. It would be great if a mod would merge them.

1. There was 1 thread that officially announced the game with not much more than a couple of screenshots.

2. The 2nd thread was the first one with all the new screens, details and the trailer.

3. The next day someone made thread 3 with all the information already in thread 2.

- The 2nd thread has since had a new TV CM added, 2 sets of extra screens added, and a video of two comedians playing the game

4. This 4th thread we are in now announced that XSeed was bringing it to America - information that was added by Zoner to the 2nd thread.

Man, that trailer sold me. Looks like a lot of fun, and kind of relaxing to boot.

Makes me really want a Legend of the River King Wii game.

Stumpokapow said:
I'm trying to remember if Ivy the Kiwi was $19 or $29, does anyone remember?

I believe it was $29.99.

This might be a pricing error on amazon, btw, because I don't think X-Seed announced a price or even a date yet. It's not up for pre-order elsewhere. With the pre-order price guarantee, it wouldn't hurt to pre-order now, in case the MSRP is higher.

Official U.S. trailer: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/mM91DH15W0WDS/ref=ent_fb_link

In Japan it's a full-priced title. The trailer looks good. Too good for a $20 game.

Both versions of the game are actually sold out on amazon.jp.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Amazon switched the release date to November 29 on this one, in case anybody wanted to know.

I'm still hyped.

Celine

Balb said:
Jeez, you'd think that such a legendary designer would start aiming a little higher. The last few Prope games have been okay at best.
Naka is at best a "legendary" programmer.
Also XSeed where is Rodea ?
Or maybe I should ask to Kadokawa ... wonder if it'll ever release.

Mlatador

Banned
Awesome, I want it with the fishing rod!

It seems like they're using the same engine as go vacation for this game, which is a good thing, since go vacation looks really good!

Top Bottom