• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT3| BroScience, Protein Dysentery, XXL Calf Implants, and Squat Rack Hogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowans

GiJoccin said:
I've used this program before from runner's world. it worked out well for me, nice variety on the runs. you can definitely extend it to 3 months and add on a month of building up a running base before the program.
Cheers man will defo help.

The Lamp

Mr.City said:
You might want to ease in GOMAD if it's not causing issues during the workout.

I might want to slow down on GOMAD if it it's not giving me problems...? What?

The first work-out I almost threw up in, I don't think because of GOMAD, but because I had a 1500 calorie Hulk workout smoothie from Smoothie King about an hour or two before my work-out that I began to feel coming up when I started deadlifts. Lol.

Enco

The Lamp said:

The first work-out I almost threw up in, I don't think because of GOMAD, but because I had a 1500 calorie Hulk workout smoothie from Smoothie King about an hour or two before my work-out that I began to feel coming up when I started deadlifts. Lol.
You should never need a 1500 calorie smoothie.

How many calories are you having per day? Roughly.

X-Frame

Has anyone read The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss?

I read his The 4-Hour Workweek book a couple years ago which was a decent read, but wondering if anyone read this one and found anything valuable in it? Seems to have good good reviews.

The Lamp

Enco said:

First day on GOMAD I had about 3600.

Yesterday (I still need to calculate it) I'd estimate over 4000.

I think the amount of calories I was eating before starting GOMAD/working out danced around the number 2000.

Bulgarian method eh? Hard to argue with results. THe thing is, athletes under his training probably consistently lift with perfect form. Trying to employ that sort of training without a coach would be disasterous.

Mr.City

The Lamp said:

Yeah, I made a boo boo. Ease into it if IT IS giving you problems. I looked that smoothie; it looks like shit. Stuff like rice, milk, beef, chicken, veggies, and other goodies ( there are more but I can't recall at the moment) will get you there.

Enco

The Lamp said:
First day on GOMAD I had about 3600.

Yesterday (I still need to calculate it) I'd estimate over 4000.

I think the amount of calories I was eating before starting GOMAD/working out danced around the number 2000.
How tall are you?

Personally I would never go over 3000 calories. It's just not worth it. When you come to try and lose the fat you've put on, you'll find it difficult as you'll be used to eating so much. You'll constantly be hungry.

Overeating is a big no no if you care about how you look.

I tried GOMAD a while ago and it worked well. However, when I say GOMAD, I mean a couple of glasses a day. No way as I going to drink a gallon per day. Firstly that would be difficult to calculate, secondly it would taste like crap and thirdly I'd get very bloated and feel sick. 4-6 glasses per day is enough.

Hulk Strawberry: Weight Gain, Butter Pecan Ice Cream, Bananas, Strawberries, Egg Protein, Soy Protein, Non-Fat Milk, Carbohydrate Mix, Vanilla, Wheat Germ, Turbinado, Honey

What's in "Weight Gain" and "Carbohydrate Mix." That sounds delicious except for those two mystery items. Also lol at "Make it Skinny."

deadbeef

parrotbeak said:
Hulk Strawberry: Weight Gain, Butter Pecan Ice Cream, Bananas, Strawberries, Egg Protein, Soy Protein, Non-Fat Milk, Carbohydrate Mix, Vanilla, Wheat Germ, Turbinado, Honey

What's in "Weight Gain" and "Carbohydrate Mix." That sounds delicious except for those two mystery items. Also lol at "Make it Skinny."
Yeah, have that AFTER your deadlifts not before. Sounds great. But make sure you earn it - don't half-ass it in the gym and then think you get to drink a 1500 calorie smoothie as a reward. Work for it

Anybody in here purchase Convict Conditioning or Naked Warrior from a bookstore? Or is online the way to go. I'm so impatient; I want to drive somewhere and get it in my hands today.

Enco said:

While I don't think a 1500 calorie smoothie is ideal, it does come in handy. On my routine, I burn approximately 3500 calories (at least). When I bulk I need to eat at least 4000. I get full on a 2000 calorie diet, 4000 calories without certain obnoxious filler foods is damn near impossible for me (if I want to eat clean of course).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Poindexter said:
While I don't think a 1500 calorie smoothie is ideal, it does come in handy. On my routine, I burn approximately 3500 calories (at least). When I bulk I need to eat at least 4000. I get full on a 2000 calorie diet, 4000 calories without certain obnoxious filler foods is damn near impossible for me (if I want to eat clean of course).

Wow. That must be some workout to burn more calories than the average person eats in two days.

New to the thread. Not a serious workout guy but I like to run a lot. Just want a clarification, I like to run with nothing in my stomach as even with little things I tend to cramp up. I was told by a coworker who used to be pretty physical that this was really bad for my system. Any rule of thumb on this?

I try to do 2-5 miles 3 times a week if that helps and I've been doing it on/off for a while now.

MjFrancis said:
Wall Street Journal article covering Ivan Abadjiev, proprietor of the Bulgarian Method of Olympic weightlifting that propelled Bulgaria's athletes to world-class status. I was familiar with it before, but it's nice to see some mainstream coverage concerning the legendary routine. And no, I don't suppose anyone reading GAF would try this, myself included.
Although this doesn't sound healthy to me, it's like the opposite extreme of the typical American day of sitting in a chair hunched over for 10-15 hours. That's probably worse for you, but our bodies adapt to that too, although not without major health risks.

demosthenes said:
New to the thread. Not a serious workout guy but I like to run a lot. Just want a clarification, I like to run with nothing in my stomach as even with little things I tend to cramp up. I was told by a coworker who used to be pretty physical that this was really bad for my system. Any rule of thumb on this?

I try to do 2-5 miles 3 times a week if that helps and I've been doing it on/off for a while now.

Fasted training is great for you if you can handle it. Keep at it.

demosthenes said:

I think it's fine as long as you get protein in your stomach afterward. I also can't have much in my stomach when I work out, although I can't work out hungry either. I try to have at least one good meal in me a few hours before and a small snack maybe 2 hours before. But other people are different. My friends will scarf down a 700+ calorie meal with meat and rice right before lifting.

demosthenes said:

It doesn't really matter whats in your stomach. Your blood has plenty of glycogen and your body will replenish it by taking it from your liver. The important thing is that you have a good diet and eating habits in general.

TheRagnCajun said:
It doesn't really matter whats in your stomach. Your blood has plenty of glycogen and your body will replenish it by taking it from your liver. The important thing is that you have a good diet and eating habits in general.

Thanks everyone for the quick answers.

I don't have the best diet but I'm certainly not in the bottom half :)

Sarye

Deadly Cyclone said:
Wow. That must be some workout to burn more calories than the average person eats in two days.

I'm assuming he meant he burns 3500 calories a day if he includes his workout which makes more sense

heyf00L

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 193 lbs
Goal: > 200 lbs.
Current Training Schedule: 4 days/week targeting 2-4 muscles per day.
Monday: back and bicep
Tuesday: shoulders and forearms
Thursday: chest and tricep
Friday: legs and abs
Current Training Equipment Available: school gym
Comments: I've been lifting for about three weeks now (although I have before, but it's been about a year). I've tried to do some research, and just about everything talks about doing something like my current routine. I see that the OP is very much against such a routine. I haven't considered a full-body routine before. Is 6 days of rest for a muscle too much? For sure I am getting stronger and bigger, but I've done this in the past and hit a wall pretty quickly.

This 5/3/1 Method sounds interesting, but it actually has an 8 day rest between exercises. It also sounds like its designed for people that area already really strong and aren't gaining.

But it looks like the general idea for a good workout is to have three exercises, the first is the main one and should be done to failure only on the last set. I'm not clear on what the other two should be (whether they should target the same muscle/area as the first or not), but I take it they shouldn't be done to failure.

Carbonox

I've trained twice in like...the last 4 weeks. It's been a manic 4 weeks but still, I'm disappointed...

I'm going to try and resume it from Saturday onwards. I need to get back in to the routine. I've put on a couple of kilos as well during my downtime so I don't know whether or not that will prove beneficial. Food intake is still the same - high amounts of protein, calories, etc.

Any advice for someone who's in my situation? I just hope my current ability and progress with weight-lifting won't be sorely messed up and that I'm going to have to drop down to lower weights.

ShaneB

God dammit, my day keeps getting worse :( Reach in for my pre workout snack only to not find it, and realize I've left it home :(, it's usually my end of work day savior as well.

Someone (X-Frame?) posted a youtube vid maybe a few weeks ago showing how to test for hip imbalance by bridging, then bringing your knees to chest and then putting your legs out to see if one was sticking out further. I can't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks!

Sarye

heyf00L said:
Comments: I've been lifting for about three weeks now (although I have before, but it's been about a year). I've tried to do some research, and just about everything talks about doing something like my current routine. I see that the OP is very much against such a routine. I haven't considered a full-body routine before. Is 6 days of rest for a muscle too much? For sure I am getting stronger and bigger, but I've done this in the past and hit a wall pretty quickly.

This 5/3/1 Method sounds interesting, but it actually has an 8 day rest between exercises. It also sounds like its designed for people that area already really strong and aren't gaining.

But it looks like the general idea for a good workout is to have three exercises, the first is the main one and should be done to failure only on the last set. I'm not clear on what the other two should be (whether they should target the same muscle/area as the first or not), but I take it they shouldn't be done to failure.

The reason for a full body routine is to focus on building core functional strength while spending less time in the gym. There's nothing wrong with a split but I notice you didn't write out any exercises that you're doing. What are they? You say you hit a wall pretty quickly. It can be a number of factors that's causing this.

Another benefit with a full body routine is that you won't stall as quickly. It's much easier and doable to add 5lb to a squat/deadlift/benchpress then say, 5lb to curls

X-Frame

parrotbeak said:
Someone (X-Frame?) posted a youtube vid maybe a few weeks ago showing how to test for hip imbalance by bridging, then bringing your knees to chest and then putting your legs out to see if one was sticking out further. I can't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks!
Wasn't me but I know what you're talking about. It's to test for Sacroiliac Joint imbalances if I'm thinking what you're thinking.

YouTube SI Joint test or Sacroiliac Joint Test - should be one of the top results. It's a dude in a gray shirt (on my phone right now).

Deadly Cyclone said:

I'm assuming he meant he burns 3500 calories a day if he includes his workout which makes more sense

Yeah, this is what I meant. sorry for the confusion. My BMR is 2200 and I lift for about an hour a day and do about 30 minutes of high impact cardio a day (heavy bag or speed bag).

heyf00L

Sarye said:
The reason for a full body routine is to focus on building core functional strength while spending less time in the gym. There's nothing wrong with a split but I notice you didn't write out any exercises that you're doing. What are they? You say you hit a wall pretty quickly. It can be a number of factors that's causing this.

Another benefit with a full body routine is that you won't stall as quickly. It's much easier and doable to add 5lb to a squat/deadlift/benchpress then say, 5lb to curls
Let's see, right now
Monday: dumbbell pull over, wide-grip pull-up, bent-over row, preacher curl, 21s, dumbbell curl
Tuesday: front raise, lateral raise, shrug, wrist curl, wrist extension
Thursday: fly, bench press, decline bench press, tricep extension, skull crusher, tricep pulldown
Friday: leg extension, squat, leg curl, heel raise, side sit up, hanging leg raise, decline crunch

So I'm trying to do isolation exercises first. I read that it was a good idea to preexaust your target muscle before compound exercises so that supporting muscles aren't holding you back. Makes sense to me. I'm doing about 3 exercises per muscle, 3 sets per exercise. I increase weight on each set so that I can do 10 reps on the first two without failing and then target at least 4 reps on the final set before failing. I do this for each exercise.
Also, after doing compound exercises I try to target the secondary muscles (so back -> bicep, chest -> tricep). I don't know if this is a good idea or not.

I'm a hardgainer, naturally very thin no matter how much I eat or what I eat. Fat can accumulate around the belly tho if I don't watch out. Before starting this I measured and my waist was bigger around than my chest, but my waist has shrunk and my chest grown so that that is not longer the case. I didn't weight myself before starting, but I was probably 185 lbs or under. I was 193 lbs this week. I'm 6'3" tho, so it's not noticeable.

I'm just wondering if I'm on the right track or need to rethink my routine.

ezrarh

Hey Fitness Gaf,

So had a period of no gain for about 6 months since I wasn't too focused on working out, going only twice a week at the most mainly because the Buffalo winter makes me lazy bastard. For the past 3 months or so I've increased workload by doing the 5x5 program going 3x a week and am close/at my previous PRs. I'm currently stagnating at the weights I'm doing for the main exercises squats/deadlifts/bench so I'm thinking about picking up the 5/3/1 program to help improve the PRs. Anybody have experience with this and what are your opinions on it? The idea is to improve my numbers while only slowly gaining weight since I'm not too focused on eating massive amounts.

The Lamp

parrotbeak said:

I used to work there. The "weight gain" mix is a Smoothie King exclusive protein/weight-gain powder, but you can substitute it for Syntha-6 or something (but you won't get the same calories.)

The Carbohydrate Mix is a mix of complex carbohydrates but I don't know the exact nutritional info for that either.

It is quite delicious. "Make it skinny" just means removing the turbinado (sugar) which removes about 100-200 calories lol.

I'm worried about my work-out routine.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

It's this one here.

Few concerns:
My gym doesn't have any barbells, just dumbbells. But dumbbells always cause me to have poor form if I try to emulate a barbell exercise like squats or deadlifts. I have a leg-press machine but that doesn't work the core or upper body at all, I suppose.

Are there any alternative exercises for seated cable rows (because my gym doesn't have one) or pull-ups as well? I can't even do a single pull-up so I was wondering if I could start even further down.

Also, what kind of exercise can I do for my obliques and lats? I feel like I'm not hitting those at all in that work-out.

I'm thinking of cutting down GOMAD to maybe 3/4 of a gallon. I'm not lactose intolerant but I don't think I have enough lactase to digest a gallon of milk properly and I don't know if that improves or not. I'm having a lot of gas, bloatiness, and need to go to the bathroom. I also kind of am worried about the fact that I just straight up decided to drink a gallon of milk a day after not drinking so much milk in the past few months.

ezrarh said:
Hey Fitness Gaf,

So had a period of no gain for about 6 months since I wasn't too focused on working out, going only twice a week at the most mainly because the Buffalo winter makes me lazy bastard. For the past 3 months or so I've increased workload by doing the 5x5 program going 3x a week and am close/at my previous PRs. I'm currently stagnating at the weights I'm doing for the main exercises squats/deadlifts/bench so I'm thinking about picking up the 5/3/1 program to help improve the PRs. Anybody have experience with this and what are your opinions on it? The idea is to improve my numbers while only slowly gaining weight since I'm not too focused on eating massive amounts.

5/3/1 is a great intermediate. For me, the flexibility of the assistance work really makes the program.

Your progress won't be as quick as 5x5 (or starting strength)and I've read a lot of comment of people shying away from it because of that, but if you stick with it for the long haul you'll see results.

My numbers (on SS)
weight 205-215
Bench: 235
Deadlift:375
Squat:300
Press:150

My numbers (on 5/3/1)
Weight:195
Bench:250
Deadlift:405
Squat:340
Press:165

GAAAAAF, I'm out of protein... Recommendations? My supply of protein from TrueProtein from January finally ran out. I had gotten the "Whey Protein Isolate Ion-Exchange" in "French Vanilla Cream" and "Chocolate Coconut" in 3lb increments for each.

I originally ordered off of TP because of the cost but it turned out that shipping made any savings over buying from GNC negligible. Should I go for TrueProtein again and, if so, do you have any recommendations or should I go for the same kind? I'd also consider order off of Amazon, as I have Prime, but I'm not really familiar with any good brands of protein on there.

Halp.

X-Frame

TP's protein, to me, tastes much better than the whey's in GNC, especially their own brands.

I get the Cold-Filtration kind, I think it's cheaper than the Ion-Exchange yet it's still an isolate. Chocolate tastes fine as well.

I also like their Milk Protein Isolate. Same price as the CF too IIRC. But it mixes horribly. Needs to be blended. Fine with me since I usually blend 1 scoop of each for my shakes.

ezrarh

Luscious LeftFoot said:
5/3/1 is a great intermediate. For me, the flexibility of the assistance work really makes the program.

Your progress won't be as quick as 5x5 (or starting strength)and I've read a lot of comment of people shying away from it because of that, but if you stick with it for the long haul you'll see results.

My numbers (on SS)
weight 205-215
Bench: 235
Deadlift:375
Squat:300
Press:150

My numbers (on 5/3/1)
Weight:195
Bench:250
Deadlift:405
Squat:340
Press:165

Nice! I stalled a while back on 5x5 and then stopped lifting consistently. I just about caught back up to my previous numbers and this looks like the kind of change up that would be helpful. At this point, I don't expect fast gains so I'm definitely in it for the long haul.

Just for reference:

Weight: 135-140 Height: 5'4" (yea I could stand to gain more weight but I haven't been attacking the food as hard)
These are my 1x5 numbers
Bench: 175
Deadlift: 275
Squat: 305
Press: 110

I'm definitely lagging behind with deadlift, partially due to grip issues so I haven't moved with it that much. This new gym doesn't have a platform or bumper plates for deads so it's made me more hesitant go high. I've been stuck with military press for a long time now so hopefully a change of pace will help. Do you go 4x a week or 3x a week? I might be able to pull 4x if I did Wed/Thur and Sat/Sun but if 3x a week is effective that would be nice.

On the topic of whey protein, I've been using Optimum Nutrition Double Rich chocolate for a few years now and it tastes great and I haven't had any complaints. You can get it for 43USD off amazon without any subscription.

jeremyxc

Banned
demosthenes said:

As a Cross Country/Track runner for 6 years now, I must say your friend was right. Try eating something 2 1/2 - 3 hours before and make it a medium meal. A sandwich and some chips possibly. Your body needs that energy from the food you digested before. Even if you feel sick for the next couple of weeks keep at it. YOU NEED IT !! If after two weeks you still feel it go ahead and expand the time in which you eat and run. Keep at it bro !

ezrarh said:
Nice! I stalled a while back on 5x5 and then stopped lifting consistently. I just about caught back up to my previous numbers and this looks like the kind of change up that would be helpful. At this point, I don't expect fast gains so I'm definitely in it for the long haul.

Just for reference:

Weight: 135-140 Height: 5'4" (yea I could stand to gain more weight but I haven't been attacking the food as hard)
These are my 1x5 numbers
Bench: 175
Deadlift: 275
Squat: 305
Press: 110

I'm definitely lagging behind with deadlift, partially due to grip issues so I haven't moved with it that much. This new gym doesn't have a platform or bumper plates for deads so it's made me more hesitant go high. I've been stuck with military press for a long time now so hopefully a change of pace will help. Do you go 4x a week or 3x a week? I might be able to pull 4x if I did Wed/Thur and Sat/Sun but if 3x a week is effective that would be nice.

On the topic of whey protein, I've been using Optimum Nutrition Double Rich chocolate for a few years now and it tastes great and I haven't had any complaints. You can get it for 43USD off amazon without any subscription.

You're numbers, specifically your squat, are great for your body weight.

I like the 4x's a week schedule myself, but 3x is just as effective, and I think what Wendler recommends. Buy the ebook it's $20 (or... *ahem* download), it breaks down the program & suggests assistance work. It's quite good.

Had a disappointing 1/2 Marathon on Father's Day. This was only the 2nd time I've ran one and the last one was 20 years ago when I was just 17.

I trained pretty hard, I'm not a fast runner by any stretch but I'd run a "1/4 Marathon(6.55 miles) about 6 weeks ago and put down a time of 1 hour 3 minutes. I was hopeful to have a sub 2 hour 1/2 Marathon.

Unfortunately, the week before I developed a bout of what the doctor said was Sinusitis. I had a lot of headaches, felt really weak and a lot of general soreness. I was on a pretty strong antibiotic which seemed to help and I felt I was on the mend by the Sunday, but right from the get go I felt really nauseous and still really low on energy. I finished the race in a very disappointing 2 hours 30 minutes.

Feeling much better now, but still bummed that my training didn't get me the result I wanted. I'm signed up for another 1/2 marathon in September so I'm hoping for a much better run.

Picture...I have to say my weight training seems to have paid off at least visibly. Don't recall ever actually "seeing" muscle tone on my arms before. Sad, but true!

MMAB0183.jpeg

ezrarh said:
Hey Fitness Gaf,

5/3/1 is great, but I'd highly recommend you stick to linear progression as long as you can. Reset the weight 10% and continue with the routine until you stall, then reset again. A lot of people will think there at the intermediate level too soon and rob themselves of some good linear gains, even though it's a bit more tedious to reset and stick to the same routine. Are you using a belt?

BigBlue1974 said:
Had a disappointing 1/2 Marathon on Father's Day. This was only the 2nd time I've ran one and the last one was 20 years ago when I was just 17.

I trained pretty hard, I'm not a fast runner by any stretch but I'd run a "1/4 Marathon(6.55 miles) about 6 weeks ago and put down a time of 1 hour 3 minutes. I was hopeful to have a sub 2 hour 1/2 Marathon.

Unfortunately, the week before I developed a bout of what the doctor said was Sinusitis. I had a lot of headaches, felt really weak and a lot of general soreness. I was on a pretty strong antibiotic which seemed to help and I felt I was on the mend by the Sunday, but right from the get go I felt really nauseous and still really low on energy. I finished the race in a very disappointing 2 hours 30 minutes.

Feeling much better now, but still bummed that my training didn't get me the result I wanted. I'm signed up for another 1/2 marathon in September so I'm hoping for a much better run.

Picture...I have to say my weight training seems to have paid off at least visibly. Don't recall ever actually "seeing" muscle tone on my arms before. Sad, but true!

MMAB0183.jpeg

Disappointing, but you still went out and gave it your best. Battling sickness while training is extremely difficult and often underestimated. What's more important is making sure you don't fall out of the saddle and continue training--sometimes it's easy to feel sorry for yourself when you don't hit a goal and that starts a downward spiral.

Just don't be sick next time
grin.gif

ezrarh

Luscious LeftFoot said:
You're numbers, specifically your squat, are great for your body weight.

I like the 4x's a week schedule myself, but 3x is just as effective, and I think what Wendler recommends. Buy the ebook it's $20 (or... *ahem* download), it breaks down the program & suggests assistance work. It's quite good.

Thanks, from the looks of it, I'll probably be starting this program later next week since I was planning to reset anyways. I just now have to figure out my assistance work which shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Mr. Snrub said:
5/3/1 is great, but I'd highly recommend you stick to linear progression as long as you can. Reset the weight 10% and continue with the routine until you stall, then reset again. A lot of people will think there at the intermediate level too soon and rob themselves of some good linear gains, even though it's a bit more tedious to reset and stick to the same routine. Are you using a belt?

I'm not using a belt or any other assistance at the moment and haven't had any plans to start. For background, I've been at or near the numbers I posted earlier for almost 2 years now. A took some time off lifting heavy to do muay thai for a about 9 months so I wasn't improving at all at that point in time. Got back into it again after I stopped and reached a similar plateau. However, I eased off on it during the winter and just several months back, got into it seriously again and was planning on a reset later this week so I figured it might be time to try a new program. While it's probably true I can still get some linear gains in my deads/bench/press, 5/3/1 would be better for long term don't you think?

And my ultimate goal would be to reach the 1000lb club for squat/deadlift/bench, which is still a long ways away but it's a good number to look forward to.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Anyone here heard about this?

Can Sex Affect Your Bodybuilding Gains?

In regards to ejaculation, sexual stimulus, testosterone levels, and how it affects working out.

Putting It All Together: A Hormone Protocol

Research is useful inasmuch as it can be applied to provide direction. Based on the latest scientific research on sexuality and sexual behaviour as it relates to physiological function, here is chronological sequence of action that best utilizes the findings of the research:

1. Because testosterone levels are minimized in the presence of elevated insulin levels, the pre-workout meal should consist of lipids and protein - both of which have negligible impacts on insulin levels.

2. Research demonstrates that testosterone levels rise as a response to sexual stimuli. Therefore, an athlete could benefit pre-workout by being exposed pre-workout to sexual stimuli. The athlete could then exercise with increased testosterone levels and aggression.

3. Post-workout, the athlete should consume a protein drink with flax oil or olive oil. Lipids facilitate the passive permeation of the cell wall by sex hormones.

4. One hour post-exercise, the athlete should achieve ejaculation. This will increase the natural level of killer cells, thus increasing immune-system function and enhancing recovery abilities. The increase in killer cells will prevent over-training.

You may also choose to postpone the achievement of ejaculation for seven days so as to maximize testosterone on a day of the athletes choosing - i.e. on the hardest training or competition day. If the athlete chooses this protocol, ejaculation should be achieved on the seventh day, post workout and according to the above protocol, so as to avoid the negative feedback suppression of LH demonstrated on day eight of abstinence.

Natural testosterone fluctuations can be manipulated only within the context of hormonally correct exercise and nutrition. If nutrition or exercise are inappropriate and if insulin and estrogen levels rise, testosterone, GH and IGF-1 will be adversely impacted and muscle growth inhibited.
going to start incorporating this into my exercise routine and see if it helps.

mr stroke

Scrow said:
Anyone here heard about this?

Can Sex Affect Your Bodybuilding Gains?

In regards to ejaculation, sexual stimulus, testosterone levels, and how it affects working out.

going to start incorporating this into my exercise routine and see if it helps.

Putting It All Together: A Hormone Protocol

Research is useful inasmuch as it can be applied to provide direction. Based on the latest scientific research on sexuality and sexual behaviour as it relates to physiological function, here is chronological sequence of action that best utilizes the findings of the research:

1. Because testosterone levels are minimized in the presence of elevated insulin levels, the pre-workout meal should consist of lipids and protein - both of which have negligible impacts on insulin levels.

2. Research demonstrates that testosterone levels rise as a response to sexual stimuli. Therefore, an athlete could benefit pre-workout by being exposed pre-workout to sexual stimuli. The athlete could then exercise with increased testosterone levels and aggression.

3. Post-workout, the athlete should consume a protein drink with flax oil or olive oil. Lipids facilitate the passive permeation of the cell wall by sex hormones.

4.One hour post-exercise, the athlete should achieve ejaculation. This will increase the natural level of killer cells, thus increasing immune-system function and enhancing recovery abilities. The increase in killer cells will prevent over-training.

You may also choose to postpone the achievement of ejaculation for seven days so as to maximize testosterone on a day of the athletes choosing - i.e. on the hardest training or competition day. If the athlete chooses this protocol, ejaculation should be achieved on the seventh day, post workout and according to the above protocol, so as to avoid the negative feedback suppression of LH demonstrated on day eight of abstinence.

Natural testosterone fluctuations can be manipulated only within the context of hormonally correct exercise and nutrition. If nutrition or exercise are inappropriate and if insulin and estrogen levels rise, testosterone, GH and IGF-1 will be adversely impacted and muscle growth inhibited.

Does this mean I can rub one out in the locker room?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
mr stroke said:
Does this mean I can rub one out in the locker room?
you're not meant to achieve ejaculation for the PRE-workout sexual stimuli. watch some porn on your phone or flick through an adult magazine for a few minutes, but don't finish yourself off.

as for POST-workout, why don't you just wait till you get home? you're meant to wait an hour post-workout. aren't you home by then?

edit: so yeah... you CAN rub one out in the locker room, but why would you want to?

also, most appropriate username ever.

grap3fruitman said:
GAAAAAF, I'm out of protein... Recommendations? My supply of protein from TrueProtein from January finally ran out. I had gotten the "Whey Protein Isolate Ion-Exchange" in "French Vanilla Cream" and "Chocolate Coconut" in 3lb increments for each.

I originally ordered off of TP because of the cost but it turned out that shipping made any savings over buying from GNC negligible. Should I go for TrueProtein again and, if so, do you have any recommendations or should I go for the same kind? I'd also consider order off of Amazon, as I have Prime, but I'm not really familiar with any good brands of protein on there.

Halp.

What about that new protein powder Walmart is adverising on TV? Honestly, I'm going to check it out after my ON whey runs out. I used to use the Bodyfortress and I never had any problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom