• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT3| BroScience, Protein Dysentery, XXL Calf Implants, and Squat Rack Hogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Went out last night for drinks at a birthday, and now I'm down 3lbs from yesterday and woke up with a cramp in my calf in the middle of the night because I was dehydrated eventhough I made sure to drink plenty of water.

Ah, the effects of alcohol on the body. Time to eat!

Edit: On a different note, it's always funny to me reading threads like the Tom Cruise thread about his next movie where everyone jumps to the "he looks amazing for 50, he's got to be doing roids!" storyline because the guy is in shape.

Chichikov

reilo said:
Edit: On a different note, it's always funny to me reading threads like the Tom Cruise thread about his next movie where everyone jumps to the "he looks amazing for 50, he's got to be doing roids!" storyline because the guy is in shape.
For Tom Cruise to be at that shape in his age, it can be one of two things -

a. He's an amazingly gifted athlete, we're talking Herschel Walker, Darrell Green or Dara Torres territory.
b. He's using some sort of PED.

My money is on the later.

reilo

Chichikov said:

a. He's an amazingly gifted athlete, we're talking Herschel Walker, Darrell Green or Dara Torres territory.

I don't know, I wouldn't rule out either. From all accounts, that guy has an OCD complex and has been in shape his entire career to the point that he still does all of his own stunts. The guy, for a hobby, pilots fighter planes in his spare time.

Chichikov

I do long distance running, triathlons, etc.
I know many people who are in military service well into their middle age
I've seen numerous people who work their asses out to the limit (more than I ever do).
So I think I have a pretty good idea of what a 50 years old person in an amazing physical shape looks like.

No one looks as good as him.

But yeah, it is possible that he has just amazing genes or some secret superior training methods, but I'm going to apply Occam's razor here, especially when you consider how rampant PEDs are in Hollywood.

The Lamp

grumble said:
Well, you don't have to drink dairy if it gives you acne. The reasons it's recommended is because it's cheap, takes no prep time, is high-protein, high-calorie and nutritious and it's simple and very easy to eat. There are alternatives; if you can find other ways of cramming equal food and protein down your gullet, you'll achieve similar results. Peanut butter, ground beef, eggs, whatever.

I'm surprised you gained no weight off a 5000 calorie diet. I'm actually a bit skeptical, and recommend you track your intake on a program like fitday.com for a while to see how to eat on a daily basis. You're right though, 20 is different from 17.

As for programs, if you have access to university facilities then a barbell program would work for you. I recommend easing into it and spending the first couple of weeks off slowly; this reduces soreness, lets you practice form, and lets all kinds of little adaptations happen that make training further on a little safer and easier. Starting Strength works nicely, or here's one that I did a lot:

Day A:

Bench 3x5, 2x8
Deadlift 3x5
Chinup 4xF
Decline situps 3x12

Day B:

Squat 3x5
Incline 3x8
Biceps Curl 4x10
Dips 3x10

Alternate back and forth on M/W/F or equivalent schedule, be moderately aggressive with adding a little bit of weight every workout. Find something that works for you.

Starting this today! Gonna start a calorie counter to see how much I'm eating and how much I need to add on.

I should go for the most weight I can do at that set/rep rate, right? I heard for gaining mass you should go for more weight instead of more reps.

Anything wrong with working out at night? I like it better because nobody's there and because the night is relaxing and I get to put my sore muscles to sleep :)

Let's see if I can keep this schedule!

deadbeef

reilo said:
That's nuts. It truly is. Great job. How long did it take you to complete all of that?
Not too long. I didn't time it but it was probably just over an hour, with the stretching and everything.

Earlier in the week I got a free Gold's Gym circuit workout systems from work. We do a lot of marketing and infomercials for various companies so there is usually product left over after the shoot. Everyone knows I workout and cook so needless to say I have a fair amount of gifted appliances in my house lol.

LaEJ1l.jpg

Set it up the other day. I have been doing 5 pullups (of various variety) each time I walk into my bedroom. I haven't really been keeping track but I think it's been about 30 a day so far. Once I get stronger I will up it to 10 reps a set. Hopefully they will add up overtime and it will make a difference.

03OEnl.jpg

Teddman

Chichikov said:

Very common for stars to go on a quick cycle in preparation for a physical role.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Went to the dump yesterday and came back with a ~250+kg loader tire the thing is massive and almost took out the pickup truck when we pushed it off the tire pile. I flipped it for a few minutes, with a deadlift style w/o kneeing, and my back/pelvis felt fine. It really activated my glutes/hams/quads with that style like I wanted so that is good.

yacobod

Banned
reilo said:

its honestly pretty cute if you don't believe the actors get on and off cycles when the role calls for it. you probably think the guys in the nba arent using hgh or any other peds too.

MrToughPants said:
Went to the dump yesterday and came back with a ~250+kg loader tire the thing is massive and almost took out the pickup truck when we pushed it off the tire pile. I flipped it for a few minutes, with a deadlift style w/o kneeing, and my back/pelvis felt fine. It really activated my glutes/hams/quads with that style like I wanted so that is good.

Mike Cam­mal­leri style?

reilo said:
Went out last night for drinks at a birthday, and now I'm down 3lbs from yesterday and woke up with a cramp in my calf in the middle of the night because I was dehydrated eventhough I made sure to drink plenty of water.

Ah, the effects of alcohol on the body. Time to eat!

That is because most of them are and why shouldn't they be? They are actors and they should do whatever necessary to fit their role. I remember you calling me a fattie that never worked out in his life for insinuating that Bale used PEDs to go from The Machinist to Batman Begins in roughly 8 months. lol

reilo

yacobod said:
its honestly pretty cute if you don't believe the actors get on and off cycles when the role calls for it. you probably think the guys in the nba arent using hgh or any other peds too.
Psht, I was one of the early ones that proclaimed Lebron was HGHing it up. That head doesn't get that big on it's own.

But yeah, I definitely don't discount PED use in actors, but I also realize how OCD some of them are about their life. The human mind is capable of some crazy shit.

MWS Natural said:
Set it up the other day. I have been doing 5 pullups (of various variety) each time I walk into my bedroom. I haven't really been keeping track but I think it's been about 30 a day so far. Once I get stronger I will up it to 10 reps a set. Hopefully they will add up overtime and it will make a difference.
Nice. Please let me know how your door frame holds up. I'd still like to buy one of these. Was actually thinking of getting one that bolts to the wall, but it's like $140 and I still have these other home improvement projects I haven't finished.

It's weird

I'm cutting at the moment (No Carbs, No Garves- for those who understand) and my strength has still been increasing but on the weirdest body parts.

Mainly my legs have shown MAJOR improvement. My numbers for squating has gone to 180KG/396lbs and my leg press has shot up to 420KG/925lbs. I'm headed off to Portugal for the weekend, so after that I'll be back onto the bulk and see if I can rack up some possible amateur competition numbers by the end of the year

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hey guys, i dont hang out in this thread, but are there some quick tips someone can give me to help me better build muscle and cut out remaining fat?

So May 2010 i started a big weight loss endeavor that was successful. Basically a lot of high intensity cardio and a diet change. Come Christmas i basically had lost 50 pounds to weigh about 160. Starting around that time i started doing a lot of weights. I have steadily increased my weight limit so i know i am getting stronger, and there is definitely a physical change happening, but i see all these guys who are ripped and have great muscle mass without looking like the hulk and i want to get there but i am having a hard time seeing a path.

Right now i still do some cardio, anywhere from 15-30 minutes worth. I spend 45-1 hr doing weights about 4 times a week. I focus on all the primary areas. I think the big thing here is i am not properly managing my diet and energy buildup for a workout.

I had a friend who ingested muscle milk for a month or two and said he gained 10 pounds of muscle fairly rapidly, but that the stuff contains some metals in it that arent good for you.

Right now for dinner i have chicken with a spinach salad. Occasionally i will have some peanut butter after a workout. Breakfast i have a probiotic shake thats high in protein and i have some yogurt and such. Lunch i mostly have a turkey sub from subway mainly cause where i work thats one of the only places nearby.

Are there any key foods i can focus on and where do i eat them in proximity to a workout? After the workout would work best for me as i usually exercise as soon as i get home from work.

I've been doing Starting Strength semi-regularly for the past 6 months or so, almost entirely for the sake of maintaining strength, not gaining it (long story). I feel like I need to mix things up, but I'd like to routine to still hinge on squats in the same way. I also appreciate the simplicity of Starting Strength, if that helps. Any recommendations?

Lamel

Banned
Well it's been a while, but I am checking in after a 2 week break (schedule got too hectic to work out regularly), however last week I worked out back on track and am at 144.5 lbs, slow and steady.

And I have a question, during a workout session, how should I space out the exercises.

Should I do all three sets of one exercise consecutively, for example...

Ax5
Ax5
Ax5

Bx5
Bx5
Bx5

Cx5
Cx5
Cx5

Or should I do it alternating, for example

Ax5
Bx5
Cx5...

etc...

parrotbeak said:
Nice. Please let me know how your door frame holds up. I'd still like to buy one of these. Was actually thinking of getting one that bolts to the wall, but it's like $140 and I still have these other home improvement projects I haven't finished.

I have that same pullup bar and my door frame is fine. I only weigh like 135-140 lbs though because i run 100+ miles a week lolz

Antd0403

Neo Member
Anyone every try a hybrid routine that includes iso work and an upper/lower split? I am thinking about trying something like this instead of going 6 days a week, hitting each group twice.

For example:
T: Chest/Tri
W: Legs/abs
TR: Back/Bi/Shoulder

Sat:Upper
Sun:Lower

Saadster said:
And I have a question, during a workout session, how should I space out the exercises.

When I answer this question for myself it comes down to rest time. If I want to stress my cardio more and/or am pressed for time, I'll do a circuit. If I just want to concentrate on strength and form, I'll do each exercise completely before moving on.

Jimmy Stav said:
I've been doing Starting Strength semi-regularly for the past 6 months or so, almost entirely for the sake of maintaining strength, not gaining it (long story). I feel like I need to mix things up, but I'd like to routine to still hinge on squats in the same way. I also appreciate the simplicity of Starting Strength, if that helps. Any recommendations?

The following is a Week 1 Workouts A B A and Week 2 Workouts B A B type deal:

Workout A:
Squat 3sets (5-8 reps)
BB Row 3 sets (5-8 reps)- can substitute with Cable Seated Rows if necessary
BB or DB Push Press 3 sets (5-8 reps)
Ab Work

Workout B:
Deadlift 3 sets (5-8 reps)
Dumbbell Incline Press 3x(5-8 reps) (I assume you're bored of normal Bench Press)
Chin ups 3x(5-8)
Optional: Romanian Deadlift 3x(5-8) If the deadlifts don't wipe you out.
Minor arm work if desired

Saadster said:

Ax5
Ax5
Ax5

Bx5
Bx5
Bx5

Cx5
Cx5
Cx5

Or should I do it alternating, for example

Ax5
Bx5
Cx5...

etc...

You should do each set of an exercise consecutively with appropriate rest breaks (30-90 seconds in duration) in between.

HOWEVER, you can do it in the other configuration to change things around. But it depends on the exercises and the intensity.

For example, if you alternate or even super-set Squats and Deadlifts, you will be doing far less weight on both exercises in exchange for increased intensity on your lifts. This can end up strengthening you and let you lift more weight when you return to the traditional consecutive exercise routine (if the exercises are done properly at the weights you use, which can be a serious issue considering the amount of considerable strain your back will be under).

So traditionally, you do one exercises at a time (AAA BBB CCC)- but can definitely set up a 4 week program where you superset or change exercise orders (AB AB AB CD CD CD etc.).

Antd0403 said:
Anyone every try a hybrid routine that includes iso work and an upper/lower split? I am thinking about trying something like this instead of going 6 days a week, hitting each group twice.

For example:
T: Chest/Tri
W: Legs/abs
TR: Back/Bi/Shoulder

Sat:Upper
Sun:Lower

Looking at your schedule, I wouldn't suggest that you stick to it religiously (always throw in a week with at least two consecutive days off). Though there are people I know that do maintain this kind of a workout routine, day in day out.

You can do it, but it all depends on the specific exercises you do, and their intensity. Considering MWTR will be isolation exercise days, and the weekends will be compound movements, you may very will be able to go through with this.

ShaneB

Think the stress going on has made me hit a pretty big physical wall. Had all the intentions today for a active and busy day at the gym, and then outside for a walk or whatever, but I spent the afternoon on the couch just being lazy and sleeping.

Know I've been going to the gym more days in a row than I've usually done, so perhaps I'm just overthinking things and just need a few days off to relax. I certainly feel sore, so my body is telling me to do just that.

ShaneB said:
Think the stress going on has made me hit a pretty big physical wall. Had all the intentions today for a active and busy day at the gym, and then outside for a walk or whatever, but I spent the afternoon on the couch just being lazy and sleeping.

Know I've been going to the gym more days in a row than I've usually done, so perhaps I'm just overthinking things and just need a few days off to relax. I certainly feel sore, so my body is telling me to do just that.

Well, you do all your repairing/growing on recovery days. Don't beat yourself up over it.

The Lamp

The Lamp said:
Starting this today! Gonna start a calorie counter to see how much I'm eating and how much I need to add on.

I should go for the most weight I can do at that set/rep rate, right? I heard for gaining mass you should go for more weight instead of more reps.

Anything wrong with working out at night? I like it better because nobody's there and because the night is relaxing and I get to put my sore muscles to sleep :)

Let's see if I can keep this schedule!

OH MY GOSH

This did not turn out well.

So I worked out yesterday evening and did not even get past the deadlifts section before I had to stop, sit in my swimming pool, and fight back a violent urge to vomit for an hour and a half.

I think it's because I had been drinking a 1500 calorie Hulk workout smoothie from Smoothie King for the past 4 hours, and it was very filling and heavy on the stomach. My last sips had been about half-an-hour before the work out.

During the deadlifts section, it took everything within me to fight the urge to blow chunks everywhere. I had to stop..

So that didn't turn out so well :l this is harder than I remember working out being. What can I do to prevent this sort of thing from happening again? Do you guys usually eat before or after a work-out and do you prefer working out in the evening or night?

I'm going to try again this evening on the Day B schedule and see if it goes any better. I also started the milk diet today...almost done with my full gallon!

PBY

Banned
The Lamp said:
OH MY GOSH

So I worked out yesterday evening and did not even get past the deadlifts section before I had to stop, sit in my swimming pool, and fight back a violent urge to vomit for an hour and a half.

I think it's because I had been drinking a 1500 calorie Hulk workout smoothie from Smoothie King for the past 4 hours, and it was very filling and heavy on the stomach. My last sips had been about half-an-hour before the work out.

During the deadlifts section, it took everything within me to fight the urge to blow chunks everywhere. I had to stop..

So that didn't turn out so well :l this is harder than I remember working out being. What can I do to prevent this sort of thing from happening again? Do you guys usually eat before or after a work-out and do you prefer working out in the evening or night?

I'm going to try again this evening on the Day B schedule and see if it goes any better. I also started the milk diet today...almost done with my full gallon!
I eat a good meal 2 hours before lifting, and then take a preworkout 30ish minutes before I start lifting.

rando14

The Lamp said:
OH MY GOSH

Yikes.

People prefer to work out depending on their diets. Some like to work out on completely empty stomachs (like in the morning), although I prefer to work out in the morning after light breakfast (fruit and oatmeal).

You can have your pre-workout smoothies/protein shakes, but if they're really liquidy then you'll probably want to keep them light. Aka DONT consume 1500 in liquid calories right before you work out lol.

Khalid-S

L0st Id3ntity said:
I have a question:

Whenever I do a full body routine to "wake up" my muscles after abandoning gyms for a while, I wake up the next morning with an additional weight of around 1 kgm, is this normal?

It's nothing, dont worry.

7s7ss

Lamel

Banned
gburgess10 said:
You should do each set of an exercise consecutively with appropriate rest breaks (30-90 seconds in duration) in between.

HOWEVER, you can do it in the other configuration to change things around. But it depends on the exercises and the intensity.

For example, if you alternate or even super-set Squats and Deadlifts, you will be doing far less weight on both exercises in exchange for increased intensity on your lifts. This can end up strengthening you and let you lift more weight when you return to the traditional consecutive exercise routine (if the exercises are done properly at the weights you use, which can be a serious issue considering the amount of considerable strain your back will be under).

So traditionally, you do one exercises at a time (AAA BBB CCC)- but can definitely set up a 4 week program where you superset or change exercise orders (AB AB AB CD CD CD etc.).

Alright thanks a ton man.

parrotbeak said:
When I answer this question for myself it comes down to rest time. If I want to stress my cardio more and/or am pressed for time, I'll do a circuit. If I just want to concentrate on strength and form, I'll do each exercise completely before moving on.

Yeah I have been doing a sort of circuit, but I'll try doing 3 complete sets for the next week to see how that goes too.

grumble

The Lamp said:
OH MY GOSH

If you aren't used to working out, then ease into it. Use light weights for the first run through or two, work on form. Gradually ease up into it by slowly increasing weights. The first few workouts should feel easy.

Drinking 1500 calories right before working out is probably excessive. I found a small snack and some water right before helps, and large meals earlier in the day.

Also be careful about form. These exercises are dangerous is done improperly, but effective and safe if done with good form.

X-Frame

I like to eat a balanced meal about 2 hours before I lift. Don't want your body to still be digesting a crapload of calories (since when that happens your body increases bloodflow to your stomach to digest the food which means less to your muscles).

AFTER my workout is when I like to pig out.

I used to just eat some eggs an hour before my workout. Now my schedule is more cramped I am thinking about getting a pre-workout so I can drink it and go straight to workout. I'd just eat a big breakfast in the morning instead.

PBY

Banned
cuevas said:
I used to just eat some eggs an hour before my workout. Now my schedule is more cramped I am thinking about getting a pre-workout so I can drink it and go straight to workout. I'd just eat a big breakfast in the morning instead.
Take a pre- itll help so much. I used to take jack3d, but I'm taking white flood with beta alanine now, its amazing what a good preworkout can do.

The Lamp

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I just will make sure the last thing I eat is at least 2 hours away from my work-out, so I can eat afterwards.

I'm a very hard-gainer so I'm trying to gain mass, which is nearly impossible for me. Today I had about 3,500 calories with the full gallon of milk, so let's see if I can increase it a bit more (since I was so full from the milk I only had one full meal and the rest were small snacks) later. Is there anything for me to worry about having a gallon of milk a day? It seems to be a lot of sodium and stuff, but considering I've always been a healthy eater my entire life (no fast food, no sodas, no sweets, no greasy food, no candy, etc.) I can afford to batter my body a bit to gain weight...I just hope I don't get an adverse allergic/acne reaction to it or something--dairy tends to give me acne.

Having said that, would any of you recommend this work-out?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

It looks decent to me since I've heard gaining mass is all about few sets, few reps, BIG weight.

If not then I'll just stick with what the guy on the first page gave me, for now.

I also just now noticed that I was doing deadlifts incorrectly--I squatted all the way to the ground instead of just knee-bent with back straight before I lifted them. I don't think that contributed to the nausea any differently than if I had done them correctly. I think I just shouldn't have had a big honking smoothie right before my work-out that wasn't done digesting. I forgot about the effect working out would have on your stomach lol.

parrotbeak said:
Will do, it has been working well for me so far. It really fits great because it is wedged in between the bedroom and the frame of the bathroom door. Looking it up on the web it's about $100 cheaper than a dedicated bar so I would go for it if I was you.

cluxdeluxe said:
I have that same pullup bar and my door frame is fine. I only weigh like 135-140 lbs though because i run 100+ miles a week lolz
I got you by about 100lbs! I actually planned to keep losing weight before I tried it but it has been holding up well so far. Since it was free I honestly wouldn't care if it broke.

peterb0y said:
Take a pre- itll help so much. I used to take jack3d, but I'm taking white flood with beta alanine now, its amazing what a good preworkout can do.

The thing is, I have great workouts without one so yeah :\

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright FitGaf, I have decided it is time to get my ass in shape.

I am starting Insanity today (after gaining back the 20lbs I lost on P90x during my unemployment). I am 6'0 225 now and look to drop to 190-195. If I can get under the 200 mark that would be quite an accomplishment for me.

I have changed my meals to involve less fat and carbs,

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, granola bar, coffee.
Snack: Granola Bar
Lunch: Salads, Banana
Dinner: Either chicken and veggies or eggs and turkey bacon.

Any other food suggestions? Lunches are the hardest because I take lunch to work.

Watch those granola bars. I've seen some where the first ingredient is sugar, and the second is chocolate. Consider snacking on nuts or seeds, trail mix instead.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
TheRagnCajun said:
Watch those granola bars. I've seen some where the first ingredient is sugar, and the second is chocolate. Consider snacking on nuts or seeds, trail mix instead.

Good call, I am usually careful about granola bars, eating mainly Nature Valley or organic ones, and I try to check ingredients, but maybe almonds or something would be better...

agentxricky

Neo Member
MWS Natural said:
Earlier in the week I got a free Gold's Gym circuit workout systems from work. We do a lot of marketing and infomercials for various companies so there is usually product left over after the shoot. Everyone knows I workout and cook so needless to say I have a fair amount of gifted appliances in my house lol.

I have the same set (but I paid like 40 bucks for it). Just watch out when you do your push-ups with reverse grip, I've rotated the bar a few times and it's fallen off the doorframe thingy. hahah

X-Frame

Deadly Cyclone said:

I am starting Insanity today (after gaining back the 20lbs I lost on P90x during my unemployment). I am 6'0 225 now and look to drop to 190-195. If I can get under the 200 mark that would be quite an accomplishment for me.

Any other food suggestions? Lunches are the hardest because I take lunch to work.

Wait, is that all the food you'll be eating?

You're trying to eat like someone to wants to be 190 pounds .. not 90 pounds right? IMO the worst thing you can do to your body (and your mind) is severely restrict calories AND add intense physical activity.

I would instead maintain the diet you have now (with subtle changes like no soda or whatever) but instead start your physical activity program up. You don't want your body to adapt to two huge things at once.

Then once you've become acclimated to the increased activity you can start to substitute bad foods for good ones over time and reduce calories. It's a marathon, not a sprint. You want to make lifestyle changes, not a quick fix.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
X-Frame said:
Wait, is that all the food you'll be eating?

You're trying to eat like someone to wants to be 190 pounds .. not 90 pounds right? IMO the worst thing you can do to your body (and your mind) is severely restrict calories AND add intense physical activity.

I would instead maintain the diet you have now (with subtle changes like no soda or whatever) but instead start your physical activity program up. You don't want your body to adapt to two huge things at once.

Then once you've become acclimated to the increased activity you can start to substitute bad foods for good ones over time and reduce calories. It's a marathon, not a sprint. You want to make lifestyle changes, not a quick fix.

Makes sense. The only issue is that I have found it hard to lose weight. I feel some kind of drastic change is needed to jump start the weight loss, so I thought the combination of working out, and eating better would do the trick.

I don't eat horrible now, but the weekends kill any progress I make during the week as I feel the need to eat out on weekends.

Deadly Cyclone said:

That's an awful diet, you are going to get sick. Lose the granola bars, add fruir, veggies, MEAT, FISH, CHICKEN... With that diet you posted you're are going to feel tired all the time, you are going to look like shit and you won't be able to do any exercise.

params7

Banned
reilo said:
I don't know, I wouldn't rule out either. From all accounts, that guy has an OCD complex and has been in shape his entire career to the point that he still does all of his own stunts. The guy, for a hobby, pilots fighter planes in his spare time.

Respect for f'ing Tom Cruise

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
trineo_feo said:
That's an awful diet, you are going to get sick. Lose the granola bars, add fruir, veggies, MEAT, FISH, CHICKEN... With that diet you posted you're are going to feel tired all the time, you are going to look like shit and you won't be able to do any exercise.

Well that wasn't the whole thing, just a baseline. I plan to eat plenty of meat, and a lot of fruit as well. Dinner will usually be meat and veggies, then i usually eat fruit as a snack later one.

My huge issue is the fact that I could never nail down a set of meals that I could have weekly that were not expensive and still healthy.

What would a good diet be with the stipulations that I eat breakfast and lunch at work, and don't want to spend a ton?

Deadly Cyclone said:
Well that wasn't the whole thing, just a baseline. I plan to eat plenty of meat, and a lot of fruit as well. Dinner will usually be meat and veggies, then i usually eat fruit as a snack later one.

My huge issue is the fact that I could never nail down a set of meals that I could have weekly that were not expensive and still healthy.

What would a good diet be with the stipulations that I eat breakfast and lunch at work, and don't want to spend a ton?

- Baked chicken
- Ground beef
- Tuna
- Salad
- Brown rice
- Noodles
- Hard boiled eggs w/meat of choice

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
FallingEdge said:
- Baked chicken
- Ground beef
- Tuna
- Salad
- Brown rice
- Noodles
- Hard boiled eggs w/meat of choice

These are what I usually rotate between, so good to see that these work. I usually do eggs and turkey bacon one night, chicken and veggies a couple nights, and salad or something else too.

My issue is when the weekend hits, I want something new. I don't feel like eating what I have eaten all week, so I end up going out, which is killing me.

Maybe I just need to get some good weekend recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom