• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT3| BroScience, Protein Dysentery, XXL Calf Implants, and Squat Rack Hogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossun

So. Just a follow up to my previous posts.

I started my hyper-caloric diet last friday, with my goal being 70 kilos. I was 57,8.
I am now at 60,5, wich is a lot more than what I expected after a week. I guess it will get harder from now on.

In parallel with the diet I started to work out too. Mostly arms/shoulders and back because that's where I want to get thicker/broader.

I'm already way broader around the shoulders. My mom noticed it right away so I'm kinda happy.
I stand straighter too, I used to lean forward especially the neck and nearly had a hump on my back.

Overall I do seem fatter even on the face.

So everything is going great so far. I'll keep my diet until I get to my weight goal. I'm going to join a gym too instead of doing workout at home. I'll be able to do more and do it right.

I'm still wondering if I should take supplement to help me gain weight. I don't for now, and I'll probably start working on every part of my body, endurance too.

Kwhit10

I started my hyper-caloric diet last friday, with my goal being 70 kilos. I was 57,8.
I am now at 60,5, wich is a lot more than what I expected after a week. I guess it will get harder from now on.

In parallel with the diet I started to work out too. Mostly arms/shoulders and back because that's where I want to get thicker/broader.

I'm already way broader around the shoulders. My mom noticed it right away so I'm kinda happy.
I stand straighter too, I used to lean forward especially the neck and nearly had a hump on my back.

Overall I do seem fatter even on the face.

So everything is going great so far. I'll keep my diet until I get to my weight goal. I'm going to join a gym too instead of doing workout at home. I'll be able to do more and do it right.

I'm still wondering if I should take supplement to help me gain weight. I don't for now, and I'll probably start working on every part of my body, endurance too.

Don't neglect your legs man. That is where you can gain a lot of weight throw muscle growth in your legs.

Sup Fit-GAF,

My question is: is shooting for a nearly 300 lb deadlift plausible as a goal for someone my weight/height? I'm 5'6'' and barely knocking on 130 lbs, so am I just asking for trouble for trying to get there without bulking up? I have a hard time keeping weight on as it is, and bulking itself is really difficult for me since I hate eating past the point of satisfaction.

That's a little over 2x your current body weight, totally possibly. But not if you're not eating correctly to facilitate muscle growth.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Both hit your lats pretty hard, and it's been my experience as well, so yes, the deadlift will impact your chins when performed beforehand.

Alright, thanks. I never really feel my lats being worked during Chins, Deadlift, or even One Arm Rows.

I did try doing my bodyweight for a lat exercise on the TRX at my gym and that was the ONLY time I've ever felt my lats actually being worked.

kehs

Banned
That made me laugh.

I opted to do some top 15degree ROM curls instead, with help of the cage of course.

Dude following me was super grateful that I left the weights for me, he kept trying to get my attention as I moved on to a bench to finish up my calf raises.

Curled about 85% of my body weight. Boss.

I'll be able to do more and do it right.

He is right, your legs are a major part of gaining weight. Even if you are burning fat then gaining weight.

It is refreshing to hear someone actually wanting to take the time to learn to do things right and gain the proper way. Good luck man. Remember, its not how much you lift but how you lift it.

I opted to do some top 15degree ROM curls instead, with help of the cage of course.

Dude following me was super grateful that I left the weights for me, he kept trying to get my attention as I moved on to a bench to finish up my calf raises.

Good work. I like to load as many of the small plates as possible, and alternate them, like 2.5, 10, 2.5, 5, 2.5, 5, 10, 5, 5, 10. If I run out I just grab more from one of the benches. It makes the bar look cool when moving up and down for the 2-3 inch ROM. Then you definitely leave it for the next guy; saves them time so they don't have to load up the bar themselves.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom

Nice! I did some heavy ass 210lbs preacher curls today!

Feels good to blast dem fatceps and turn them into phatceps.

Then I went on the leg press and put 2800lbs, all the plates in the gym, and did some leg press calf extensions.

My calves are swole as fuck now and they're turning into cows.

Izick

ib0psj8LcqtDeg.gif

oh man all this bro-ness is making me bro out and turn into a phatter bro then i already am, bro.

BROOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

The other day I was walking into the gym and greeted another guy with "Was up Brah"

I mean I'm a freaking nerdy engineer for god's sake. The Broness is contagious I tell you Bro.

seriously what is that... how does that work to giving a full effort on getting 24 inch pythons?
It's kinda like doing negatives. The only thing is he should have moved the curling chair into the squat rack and asked for a spot. Doing heavy weights without a spotter and safety bars is dangerous.

It's my rest day but heading to the gym anyway just to hang with my bros. I know they appreciate when I come down just to talk to them and help drag out their workout to 3-4 hours. Also spend some time checking out the ladies, find a bench to sit on and text with my girl, gets us both in the mood for later.

The other day I was walking into the gym and greeted another guy with "Was up Brah"

I mean I'm a freaking nerdy engineer for god's sake. The Broness is contagious I tell you Bro.

I'm in the same boat as you. I meet the gym guys and I'm dropping 'bros' like no one else. I see a couple of coworkers at the gym, greet them in the same way and they wonder wtf is wrong with me lol.

ChuyMasta

Friday March 2nd
Initial weight 210

Friday March 9th

Got into a diet, hit the gym 6 times a week for an hour. Alternating upper and lower body.
Started a diet rich in grains (lots of brown rice)
Taking proteins and Hydroxycut.

Body fighting back =/

Izick

Friday March 2nd
Initial weight 210

Friday March 9th

Got into a diet, hit the gym 6 times a week for an hour. Alternating upper and lower body.

Body fighting back =/

What exactly is the problem?

Ashhong

Going go the gym soon... Overhead press of 65 pounds, attempt number 2! I will get it! Failed on the last fucking rep last time -_-

ChuyMasta

What exactly is the problem?

Not exactly a problem, more like an observation. I went through muscle pain (nothing severe)just the expected, I am sleeping more, I get tired, thirsty, hungrier etc.

I can't believe I let myself go so bad the last few months. Gotta fix it.

My first day with the trainer I almost threw up. It was embarrassing.

Friday March 2nd
Initial weight 210

Friday March 9th

Body fighting back =/

Why are you taking Hydroxycut? Why are you going to the gym 6 times a week? What is your routine? What is your goal?

Izick

Not exactly a problem, more like an observation. I went through muscle pain (nothing severe)just the expected, I am sleeping more, I get tired, thirsty, hungrier etc.

It's nothing to be ashamed of. You're doing what a lot of people can't even muster up the courage to do. Think of how many people were in your position and thought "I'll just embarrass myself" or "I can't do it."

The muscle pain, the extra hunger, thirst, sleep, and even the throwing up goes to show that you are training hard, and pushing yourself to the physical limit everyday. And when you are a completely different person in a year from now, never forget how much you struggled at first, because that will always inspire you.

You should shed light on what your goals are. How tall are you? Are you trying to gain or lose weight? Are you trying to slim down or bulk up? etc.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Just had an intense fucking workout. I must preface by saying that up until four weeks ago I was NOT a runner. My endurance was shit. But I've been slowly building up my running and I'm already seeing and feeling tons of progress. So today my friend and I decided to continue training for our obstacle course race in the summer because it was so fucking gorgeous out (NYC).

We decided to do interval training. We would alternate, so when I finished running, my friend would run, and while he was running I did the various supplementary exercises. Then I'd wait until he returned and finished, then I'd run again. We used a race track with fitness equipment right next to it (high bars, parallel bars, etc.). Our goal was a minute and 30 seconds for each quarter-mile.

So here it is:

0.25-mile run around the track (1:30)
20 burpees
20 waist-high box jumps on a bench
15 bench hurdles (both legs through arms)
10 dead-hang pull-ups
15 low-bar hurdles (over first and then under: one rep)

That was one "set." We did one more set of all those exercises immediately after.

Then a half-mile slow jog at the end to top it all off.

Needless to say, I'm proud of completing it. My friend is in great shape, and I'm quickly catching up. This is all less than a day after an intense 2.5-hour calisthenics workout at the park yesterday (including a two-mile run).

Those box jumps can go to fucking hell, by the way. Most difficult exercise ever after running.

ChuyMasta

Why are you taking Hydroxycut? Why are you going to the gym 6 times a week? What is your routine? What is your goal?

1)My work is not physically demanding at all. Very sedentary work. Hydroxycut helps metabolism. I am not taking the recommended dosage, just one pill a day with a bottle of water 30 minutes before first meal of the day. 6-8 bottles of water dispersed through the day

2-3)Because I am not doing extreme routines. Monday and Wednesdays I really push myself (Sessions with trainer those days). Other days are more like stretching, cardio, abdominal s, light burning fat exercises. Upper back, triceps. Starting lifting weights just today. Moving on to more fitting exercises as the week goes on.

4)Go back to my ideal weight. I want to wear a medium size shirt and look good on it. I want to look good naked.

It's nothing to be ashamed of. You're doing what a lot of people can't even muster up the courage to do. Think of how many people were in your position and thought "I'll just embarrass myself" or "I can't do it."

The muscle pain, the extra hunger, thirst, sleep, and even the throwing up goes to show that you are training hard, and pushing yourself to the physical limit everyday. And when you are a completely different person in a year from now, never forget how much you struggled at first, because that will always inspire you.

You should shed light on what your goals are. How tall are you? Are you trying to gain or lose weight? Are you trying to slim down or bulk up? etc.

Thanks! It does suck but I decided this to be my goal. It's not fair for me, or my wife, to be lazy when I am not even 30 yet. Im 6'2, trying to get back to my ideal of 180lbs.

Izick

Just had an intense fucking workout. I must preface by saying that up until four weeks ago I was NOT a runner. My endurance was shit. But I've been slowly building up my running and I'm already seeing and feeling tons of progress. So today my friend and I decided to continue training for our obstacle course race in the summer because it was so fucking gorgeous out today (NYC).

We decided to do interval training. We would alternate, so when I finished running, my friend would run, and while he was running I did the various supplementary exercises. Then I'd wait until he returned and finished, then I'd run again. We used a race track with fitness equipment right next to it (high bars, parallel bars, etc.). Our goal was a minute and 30 seconds for each quarter-mile.

So here it is:

20 burpees
15 box jumps on a waist-high bench
10 dead-hang pull-ups
15 low-bar hurdles (over first and the under: one rep)

That was one "set." We did one more set of all those exercises immediately after.

Needless to say, I'm proud of completing it. My friend is in great shape, and I'm quickly catching up. This is all less than a day after an intense 2.5-hour calisthenics workout at the park yesterday (including a two-mile run).

Those box jumps can go to fucking hell, by the way. Most difficult exercise ever after running that fast.

Shit, good on you Oogie.

I can respect anybody who does those box jumps, those things scare the hell out of me.

Mr.City

Sup Fit-GAF,

Been doing SS since the beginning of the year and shit's awesome. I'm stopping my squat progress at 225 to better my form and give my body time to balance out in other lifts but I really want to get my deadlift to around 280 lbs before I start thinking about doing the same thing for it.

My question is: is shooting for a nearly 300 lb deadlift plausible as a goal for someone my weight/height? I'm 5'6'' and barely knocking on 130 lbs, so am I just asking for trouble for trying to get there without bulking up? I have a hard time keeping weight on as it is, and bulking itself is really difficult for me since I hate eating past the point of satisfaction.

There's a lot wrong here. You're an adult man who weighs 130 lbs, doesn't want to bulk, and wants to pause your squat at 225 to let everything else balance out. Do this

-Eat calorie dense food (beef, nuts, milk, etc)
-let your lifts progress as they would
-300 isn't that far if you're doing 280x5 on the deadlift now
-be mighty, conquer

Friday March 2nd
Initial weight 210

Friday March 9th

Body fighting back =/

t exactly a problem, more like an observation. I went through muscle pain (nothing severe)just the expected, I am sleeping more, I get tired, thirsty, hungrier etc.

Not sound to like an asshole, but if you're ready to throw up after a lay-off, then you/ or you trainer is not doing their job. That first day back is meant to ease back into progression, not pummel yourself into submission.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Shit, good on you Oogie.

I can respect anybody who does those box jumps, those things scare the hell out of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TTZBGyLeVY

It's basically these RIGHT after running a 1:30 quarter mile (which, for me, is a lot). 20 of them. No stopping. Can you say jelly legs? lol

Thanks, btw. I watched the following video today and it totally motivated me to workout and go beyond my limits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ&feature=player_embedded

jts

...hate me...
@ChuyMasta

Forget the weight. It's not a scale that will tell you how good you look. Or feel.

At the very least, don't obsess about it. Measurements can be helpful data in the long run but the weight only tells a small of the story.

It's of extreme importance that you don't burn yourself, physically or mentally. I'd start slower. If your body's fighting back, whatever that means, slowdown a bit. Reduce your number of workouts up to 3 times a week and go from there. Don't make working out a burden.

It's also not about how long do you stay in the gym, but simply about completing your routine.

Lastly, you talked about eating a lot of grains/rice and "taking" protein, which I assume is in the form of supplements. Don't forget to EAT protein too. Most, if not all your meals, should include a rich source of protein.

That's all the advice I have to give you. Good luck!

ChuyMasta

Not sound to like an asshole, but if you're ready to throw up after a lay-off, then you/ or you trainer is not doing their job. That first day back is meant to ease back into progression, not pummel yourself into submission.

Maybe, but the goal for the first session was to take my measurements and run some performance tests. You could say I "failed" but that's why the dude decided to do what he did during the first week.

Izick

Thanks! It does suck but I decided this to be my goal. It's not fair for me, or my wife, to be lazy when I am not even 30 yet. Im 6'2, trying to get back to my ideal of 180lbs.

That's great man. Like I said, remember how hard that first workout was, let it inspire you, just like your wife does.

Just think, you're only going for what, 30 pounds? And you've already made 3 pounds your bitch in a week!

But also remember, it's not always going to be easy, and you're not always going to see monumental losses every week. Don't get down on yourself, and remember that tomorrow is another day. Also remember that as you gain muscle, you will also gain weight, so you can lose inches but not weight. If you want to look really good, you might want to put on some muscle (doesn't have to be anything major) while losing inches of fat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TTZBGyLeVY

It's basically these RIGHT after running a 1:30 quarter mile (which, for me, is a lot). 20 of them. No stopping. Can you say jelly legs? lol

Thanks, btw. I watched the following video today and it totally motivated me to workout and go beyond my limits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ&feature=player_embedded

No problem, I like giving credit where it's due. :p

Great video by the way. I love stuff like that.

There's a lot wrong here. You're an adult man who weighs 130 lbs, doesn't want to bulk, and wants to pause your squat at 225 to let everything else balance out. Do this

-Eat calorie dense food (beef, nuts, milk, etc)
-let your lifts progress as they would
-300 isn't that far if you're doing 280x5 on the deadlift now
-be mighty, conquer

That's a little over 2x your current body weight, totally possibly. But not if you're not eating correctly to facilitate muscle growth.
Cool, thanks for the tips. And the reason I wanted to pause my squat is because things like my overhead press(75 x 5) and bench press(135 x5) are pretty weak in comparison. Ah well, time to eat big and shit.

gdt

Just had an intense fucking workout. I must preface by saying that up until four weeks ago I was NOT a runner. My endurance was shit. But I've been slowly building up my running and I'm already seeing and feeling tons of progress. So today my friend and I decided to continue training for our obstacle course race in the summer because it was so fucking gorgeous out (NYC).

So here it is:

20 burpees
20 waist-high box jumps on a bench
10 dead-hang pull-ups
15 low-bar hurdles (over first and then under: one rep)

Those box jumps can go to fucking hell, by the way. Most difficult exercise ever after running.

Jesus fuck me.

deadbeef

Cool, thanks for the tips. And the reason I wanted to pause my squat is because things like my overhead press(75 x 5) and bench press(135 x5) are pretty weak in comparison. Ah well, time to eat big and shit.

You will naturally plateau in your lifts. Don't prematurely stop your progress just to "balance" your lifts. It is normal to deadlift more than you squat and to squat more than you bench and to bench more than you overhead press.

Did something to both shoulders several years ago (damage wise) that is only now truly manifesting itself in my workouts. I think I've screwed up my rotator cuff. My range of motion is seriously screwed up and there is sharp pain if I try to simply grab ahold of the chin up bar (not like I'm ready to actually do those right now in my current state) and hang from it. For reference, imagine what you have to do just to do a squat, by that I mean how you have to place the bar behind your head/shoulders and how you place you hands on the bar to hold it in preparation to do the squat.

I can't get my arms to the degree that is required to simply hold the bar.

FML

I'd thought it was what a friend of mine (who is a doctor) told me of a case of severe muscle/tendon/ligament atrophy due to my years of being physically inactive beyond a slug-like existence through various jobs and perhaps not the above mentioned problem. I found myself facing sharp pains in my shoulders when I'd perform sharp, sudden movements with my arms (like not paying attention with your hands around something that's hot and suddenly jerking your arm away). He'd mentioned that as I got more physically active (if it was what he'd mentioned that it might be), those problems would eventually go away. Which they did. Due to a job change that led me back into a previous career I'd once held, I found myself being very active again. Over the last 7 months, those shoulder problems had all but gone away. It was only when I'd lay in bed at night and sleep (as I like to sleep on either of my sides) that I'd know that my shoulder problems were still there.

So here I am, working out and working into my routines several things that are supposed to help rehabilitate my rotator cuffs (if they can be at this point) and re-strengthen them back up.

Izick

Did something to both shoulders several years ago (damage wise) that is only now truly manifesting itself in my workouts. I think I've screwed up my rotator cuff. My range of motion is seriously screwed up and there is sharp pain if I try to simply grab ahold of the chin up bar (not like I'm ready to actually do those right now in my current state) and hang from it. For reference, imagine what you have to do just to do a squat, by that I mean how you have to place the bar behind your head/shoulders and how you place you hands on the bar to hold it in preparation to do the squat.

I can't get my arms to the degree that is required to simply hold the bar.

FML

I'd thought it was what a friend of mine (who is a doctor) told me of a case of severe muscle/tendon/ligament atrophy due to my years of being physically inactive beyond a slug-like existence through various jobs and perhaps not the above mentioned problem. I found myself facing sharp pains in my shoulders when I'd perform sharp, sudden movements with my arms (like not paying attention with your hands around something that's hot and suddenly jerking your arm away). He'd mentioned that as I got more physically active (if it was what he'd mentioned that it might be), those problems would eventually go away. Which they did. Due to a job change that led me back into a previous career I'd once held, I found myself being very active again. Over the last 7 months, those shoulder problems had all but gone away. It was only when I'd lay in bed at night and sleep (as I like to sleep on either of my sides) that I'd know that my shoulder problems were still there.

So here I am, working out and working into my routines several things that are supposed to help rehabilitate my rotator cuffs (if they can be at this point) and re-strengthen them back up.

Please get a proper examination from a doctor. I know you said you talked to your friend, but it really can't hurt.

Ashhong

Good luck!

Thanks! Rocked that 65lb OHP :p

Question now though. In the past I would always have pain in my lower back if I did a lot of situps or pushups. I did the 100 push up workout thing and stopped around 70 because my lower back would start hurting so much. I havent had that issue lately since I've started SL, though I do feel very sore/tired in my lower back after squats, etc.

Today I was on this dip/pull up machine, where you could rest your forearms on pads and hold yourself up. I did that, then would bring up my legs to make an L shape with my body, working out my core I guess. I've done it in the past with no pain, but today my lower back acted up again. It was my deadlift day. Is it just super tired? I'm not sure if its just soreness or if I just need to make it stronger. Any suggestions?

Izick

Thanks! Rocked that 65lb OHP :p

Question now though. In the past I would always have pain in my lower back if I did a lot of situps or pushups. I did the 100 push up workout thing and stopped around 70 because my lower back would start hurting so much. I havent had that issue lately since I've started SL, though I do feel very sore/tired in my lower back after squats, etc.

Today I was on this dip/pull up machine, where you could rest your forearms on pads and hold yourself up. I did that, then would bring up my legs to make an L shape with my body, working out my core I guess. I've done it in the past with no pain, but today my lower back acted up again. It was my deadlift day. Is it just super tired? I'm not sure if its just soreness or if I just need to make it stronger. Any suggestions?

Have you consulted a doctor?

The body can be fickle sometimes, pains come and go, but if this pain is coming back consistently, albeit at different times in different exercises, it's usually best to seek professional help.I think you'd be able to tell the difference between actual pain, something wrong, or soreness though. What do you think it was?

Ashhong

Have you consulted a doctor?

The body can be fickle sometimes, pains come and go, but if this pain is coming back consistently, albeit at different times in different exercises, it's usually best to seek professional help.I think you'd be able to tell the difference between actual pain, something wrong, or soreness though. What do you think it was?

No I haven't, it doesn't feel like anything is really wrong.

If I had to guess, I would say that it was just my lower back being super tired, or being overworked. It would happen in the past if I did those situp machines and put on a lot of weight. I guess my real question is, how do I strengthen my lower back more? Will deadlifts and squats cut it? They are constantly sore after every workout..

Izick

No I haven't, it doesn't feel like anything is really wrong.

If I had to guess, I would say that it was just my lower back being super tired, or being overworked. It would happen in the past if I did those situp machines and put on a lot of weight. I guess my real question is, how do I strengthen my lower back more? Will deadlifts and squats cut it? They are constantly sore after every workout..

Yes, those would most certainly help you out. You could also do hyperextensions or hyperextensions with no bench.

I like doing those weighted, they usually hit your back fairly well. Start off with something light, maybe a 10, or 25, then work your way up.

Make sure to take it easy though, because I fucked up my lower back before, and I had to take off about 2 weeks or so from lifting. Just take it one rep at a time, and it's fine to push yourself, but don't injure yourself.

Ashhong

Yes, those would most certainly help you out. You could also do hyperextensions or hyperextensions with no bench.

I like doing those weighted, they usually hit your back fairly well. Start off with something light, maybe a 10, or 25, then work your way up.

Make sure to take it easy though, because I fucked up my lower back before, and I had to take off about 2 weeks or so from lifting. Just take it one rep at a time, and it's fine to push yourself, but don't injure yourself.

Cool, I'll just stick with it and take it easy on the accessory things. Guess I was just surprised at having the pain again. Thought it wouldn't come with the exercise I was doing. I guess it works the lower back more than I thought.

Izick

Cool, I'll just stick with it and take it easy on the accessory things. Guess I was just surprised at having the pain again. Thought it wouldn't come with the exercise I was doing. I guess it works the lower back more than I thought.

Yeah, when you do those L crunches they can be really intense, especially at the end of a long workout.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I have never been able to get my lateral deltoid sore. This is also the muscle on my body that most refuses to grow. Not sure what to do about this.

That's a bit ironic that you're calling me that, since you threw in all those digs in at the end.

You do understand that you have to add weight when curling, right? When using the big ass 45 pound par, it's easier to have the weights off the ground. Going from 10's, then to 15, then moving up to 25's. So I'm changing the weight as well. You can say that it's just "relatively light weight" but it's still a pain in the ass, and there's no reason to make it that hard if no one is using the squat rack.

You can call me all the names you like, but I don't care. If nobody is using the fucking squat rack, and no one has for the past 10 minutes or so, I'm going to do 3-4 sets of 8 reps on the thing. I take like a minute break in between each set, so I'm there for, what, maybe 6 minutes? And like I said, if it's that big of a deal, then just ask me if you can work in, or how many sets I have left, and I'll move regardless.
Ironic how? I don't think you know what that word means. You also failed to counter any of the points I made.

Chill out man, you're a pup to the game of working out, let people do as they will.
I'm chill. The amount of time I've spent working out has nothing to do with the points that I made.

Izick

I have never been able to get my lateral deltoid sore. This is also the muscle on my body that most refuses to grow. Not sure what to do about this.

Ironic how? I don't think you know what that word means. You also failed to counter any of the points I made.

I'm chill. The amount of time I've spent working out has nothing to do with the points that I made.

Ironic in the fact that your whole comment was passive aggressive, as this one you just made was as well.

There's nothing to counter here anyway. If you want to look back, I've already answered why I said what I said. If there's no one around using it, and it is convenient, then I don't see what the problem is. If someone asks me, or if they look like they want to jump on, then I always let them go ahead and I move.

Apparently, you think otherwise, and that's fine, but that's just not how I see it. You can keep calling me a dick, or whatever you like, but that's just how it is.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ironic in the fact that your whole comment was passive aggressive, as this one you just made was as well.

There's nothing to counter here anyway. If you want to look back, I've already answered why I said what I said. If there's no one around using it, and it is convenient, then I don't see what the problem is. If someone asks me, or if they look like they want to jump on, then I always let them go ahead and I move.

Apparently, you think otherwise, and that's fine, but that's just not how I see it. You can keep calling me a dick, or whatever you like, but that's just how it is.
"expressing aggression in non-assertive (i.e. passive or indirect) ways"

I was not expressing aggression nor was I being passive or indirect. I was being assertive and directly giving you my exact thoughts on the matter.

If there was nothing to counter than you would have had no reason to reply to my post.

Izick

"expressing aggression in non-assertive (i.e. passive or indirect) ways"

I was not expressing aggression nor was I being passive or indirect. I was being assertive and directly giving you my exact thoughts on the matter.

If there was nothing to counter than you would have had no reason to reply to my post.

You were being passive aggressive by trying to insinuate that I didn't understand what "ironic" meant, and thus trying to belittle my intelligence. Before you were being passive aggressive by sliding in all those little jabs at the end. You were assertive when you were saying that I shouldn't use the squat rack, and all the little jabs were just side shit.

I try and reply to any post if someone asks me something or the like. I wasn't trying to "counter," rather just express my opinion as to why I didn't think using it was "wrong" as many people here see it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
You were being passive aggressive by trying to insinuate that I didn't understand what "ironic" meant, and thus try to belittle my intelligence. Before you were being passive aggressive by sliding in all those little jabs at the end. You were assertive when you were saying that I shouldn't use the squat rack, and all the little jabs were just side shit.
It was obvious that you were using the term ironic incorrectly. Those "jabs" as you call them, were my opinion of the behavior I was speaking about. Those "jabs" were not indirect.

I try and reply to any post if someone asks me something or the like. I wasn't trying to "counter," rather just express my opinion as to why I didn't think using it was "wrong" as many people here see it.
@bolded: this is exactly what countering is.

Izick

It was obvious that you were using the term ironic incorrectly. Those "jabs" as you call them, were my opinion of the behavior I was speaking about. Those "jabs" were not indirect.

@bolded: this is exactly what countering is.

I mean, what do I have to say? I thought that you were doing the exact thing that you lambasted me for, that's why I said it was ironic that you called me "passive aggressive", whether you actually were, nor weren't is besides the point regarding that.

You're making it sound like it's some great debate or something, that there's a definite right or wrong opinion. The difference is that I'm saying I understand if you feel differently, and all I'm asking is you do the same. I'm not countering anything, I suppose you could say I was countering in the mini-paragraph before, but not here.

And, don't you think it's a bit much to call someone an egotistical, passive aggressive dick over one post on a message board forum? All of those things, for using a squat rack to curl? Is it really necessary to attack someone like that? You acted like I said "yeah, I'm going to use the squat rack for whatever I want, when I want, and if they don't like it, fuck em'," which is not what I expressed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom