• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Man is such a Joker for pulling a gun on traffic

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
https://apnews.com/64fcef65454e49109c9cd1328b493d13

3rA5XHE.jpg

MIAMI (AP) — Police in Florida have managed to arrest the Joker without Batman’s help following reports of a green-haired man with tattoos on his face pointing a gun at traffic.

A Miami-Dade police report says 29-year-old Lawrence Sullivan was arrested Tuesday evening and charged with carrying a concealed firearm. A booking photo shows the word “Joker” and a knife-pierced Batman symbol across Sullivan’s forehead, while tattoos of long, stitched cuts are on each side of his mouth. His green hair matches that of the comic book and movie villain.

Police say officers found a loaded handgun on the self-described “tattoo model.”

Sullivan was being held on $5,000 bail. Jail records didn’t list an attorney.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Does the bat symbol say "fuck Batman"?

This guy's alright.

adj_noun

Does...does that symbol say "Fuck Batman"?

Now all I can imagine is the Joker's newest crime wave being slapping "Fuck Batman" on everything in Gotham.

I follow this Instagram page called Sucky Tattoos and they kept showcasing this guy for a little bit.

He finally responded with a hand-drawn sign that said "Fuck Sucky Tattoos" in big letters, but also "Fuck Batman" in the corner.

CassSept

So what is it about Florida exactly?

Are the drugs down there better or something?

Apparently it's in part due to Florida's open government law, which gives free access to governmental records to anyone. So while weird stuff like this happens everywhere, in Florida journalists have means to just scour criminal records to pad out issues on slow news day freely, while in other states it's more difficult to do so.

E: Beaten, of course

Lunar15

There's dumb people everywhere. Florida just reports on it more because we have extremely unrestricted open record laws.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/h...the-shame-of-florida-man-news-stories-7608595

Apparently it's in part due to Florida's open government law, which gives free access to governmental records to anyone. So while weird stuff like this happens everywhere, in Florida journalists have means to just scour criminal records to pad out issues on slow news day freely, while in other states it's more difficult to do so.

E: Beaten, of course

As a floridian, I'd like to state that while the above is true, Florida is still certainly special.

What is it with people joker obsession, since the dark knight, this hot topicifation of the joker has brought all sorts of weirdos out of the woods

Boem

Man, for years I've been waiting for real-life bad guys to start dressing up like comic book villains. Put the game back in crime. And Joker is one of the best.

And now we finally get a guy who just goes for it, and he picks the worst Joker by far. What a tool. He looks like a marketing guy. Or a ride attendant at some Batman ride in some theme park.

I'm honestly offended a bad guy identified with Suicide Squad so much. What a waste of insanity.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Did he get these tats before or after Suicide Squad? That's what I wanna know.

As a floridian, I'd like to state that while the above is true, Florida is still certainly special.

As someone who lived in Florida for a large part of their life, I like to believe that law exists to keep sane Floridians safe because the state really does have a lot of crazies.

Kumquat

This reminds me of a story from my early 20's. I was having lunch at a sushi bar and I get into a conversation with another dude in there. Now keep in mind, this is in Texas so this next part can be considered not a freak occurance. So the dude had just been to a gun show and picked up an AK-47 which he had in the trunk, unloaded of course, and offered to show it to me. So we go out to the parking lot and I get to heft it and all that and check it out.

I decide to aim down the sites get a feel for what it was like to use one of these bad boys when a car I didn't see coming passes right in front of me which means the driver and passenger pass right in front of me while I'm aiming down the sites at them. They seemed a bit spooked in the way they pointed at me with eyes huge and I felt terrible. I was like, think we better get going now heh. So I gave him his gun back and we took off.

Harmen

He really does seem straight out of the Suicide Squad film. As someone else states above, as if Leto Joker and that fire dude had a son.

So what is it about Florida exactly?

Are the drugs down there better or something?

There are literally stupid people everywhere in the US..I haven't found an influx of stupidity compared to MI where I'm from. Florida is a "Right to Know" State so everything is pretty much public record, so our news outlets love reporting on the fuckery daily. I actually find the Florida man stories entertaining, and just a reminded of how imperfect our world is.

Top Bottom