• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage of Neversoft’s Call of Duty game leaks

neat GIF

calistan

explains the graphics... but i like what i saw in terms of settings
Yeah, I don't really follow the storyline or characters but I'm sure there was a CoD with low gravity stuff at some point. It all kind of blurs into one big mess. If this became Advanced/Infinite War, that would have been the ones with jet packs and wall-running, and micro-transaction taunts from the top three players at the end of each match. I hated those.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
2011? That was the golden years of COD for me at least. Even if Future Warfare would involve anti-gravity gameplay, the games back then were so much better. But I skipped Infinite Warfare as I dont like sci-fi shit. Although I admit I played TF1.

For you younger COD gamers who never played the 360/PS3 gen games, it was way different back then. The games were slower paced, the maps were designed different, guns had probably double the recoil, and aside from map packs that came out for $15 every couple months, there were no convoluted main screens, e-stores, endless mtx, character skins, neon coloured weapon skins or special guests like Lara Croft or Spawn etc..

Last edited:

CamHostage

Wish it would have come to fruition as it looks neat and I enjoyed Gun. Neversoft were a talented bunch.

I expected it for a second to look like Gun, which could have been cool, but by the timeline, this was long after any experimentation with the CoD formula was allowed. (Anybody remember that Sledgehammer was originally going to do a third-person, Dead Space-like CoD Vietnam, aka CoD: Fog of War? Or remember seeing cut content for CoD Tactics or CoD Roman Wars?)

I like what they were demoing here, but I'm okay with it not being a real game either. (Did this type of sequence not make it into a CoD? I know they did space stuff but otherwise I have no clue how most of these campaigns played out.)

It's just sad that this was how Neversoft ended; the studio was "merged" with Infinity Ward, and they never made a full CoD but also never made their own game after 2010. (2010 was the whole Vince Zampella / Jason West "breach of contract" contract negotiation/firing debacle, and co-founder Grant Collier had left the year before, so Neversoft and other studios must have been tasked with saving the franchise while Infinity Ward figured out what to do with itself, and they just never could go back. Neversoft had also been chopped down already in layoffs that same 2010 when Acti gave Guitar Hero to Vicarious Visions and closed some studios, Neversoft survived the closure cycle but never regained its identity and was dissolved in 2014.)

StueyDuck

these seems pretty damn deep into production to get shit canned.

Neversoft always getting the ass end of a deal

Mowcno

That actually looks pretty interesting and pretty good for WIP footage of a CoD game from 2011. Would have been interesting if this had released in 2013 instead of Ghosts.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Looks pretty generic. Glad they saved the space setting for Infinite Warfare instead. Neversoft had talented folks but quality-wise they peaked at Tony Hawk 3.

Top Bottom