• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Soccer/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio Thread 2011/12 |OT2| Everyone plays for City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

Kylehimself said:
Lamps has been dick recently. I'm glad he's on the bench. He's a legend and all, but if he's not on form don't play him.

My personal problem with Lampard, being a Torres fan and all, is I don't think the guy ever gives the ball to him. A far cry from Meireles, Anelka, and Mata.

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
I really really dislike your manager. He just seems to be completely clueless, even in his interviews. He has a face you just want to slap, as well.

You need to get rid of him ASAP. Better to do it earlier and get a good replacement in now than doing it half-way or three quarters of the way through the season, possibly disrupting everything.

Worse than clueless he's sinister. Many say he was instrumental in Sam's sacking, got done for drink driving - said a fan may have spiked him, today a fan tried to talk to him outside Kean blanked him, the fan said 'I've paid good money to come here today' Keans respose - 'Oh well'

Anyone got a kilo of class A I can plant in his hand luggage? :p

By the way I think the third goal today was a foul but to even contemplate it being a factor is an insult to Newcastle

Fady K said:
So basically everyone outside of ManU play a premier league opponent. Can't blame ManU though, it is a draw afterall, but this sucks. Everton away is tough. It ended with a loss for us last season.
Everton away. Well it was real while it lasted... But really, we can win it, Everton are a bogey side of ours though.

Jeff Albertson said:
Worse than clueless he's sinister. Many say he was instrumental in Sam's sacking, got done for drink driving - said a fan may have spiked him, today a fan tried to talk to him outside Kean blanked him, the fan said 'I've paid good money to come here today' Keans respose - 'Oh well'

By the way I think the third goal today was a foul but to even contemplate it being a factor is an insult to Newcastle
Kean's an absolute dummy. Don't know what the idea of sacking Sam and giving him the job was all about.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Jeff Albertson said:

Well you are meeting with the owners in India right? drop a few hints about the coach :p

FUCK YOU UNITED

Just had a look at my bets today, not only did they cost me £13 I noticed that they were the only team out of my 17 team odds on accumalator not to win.

I blame the ref

Fady K

Was very, very happy with Chelsea today. Torres scoring yet again - a beautiful goal as well - put a big smile on my face. To see him do well after that crazy miss against the red devils left me with a feeling of excitement - the guy brushed it off and went on to try hard - and he was rewarded for his efforts. Shame on that tackle, I noticed that Torres' carded-tackles are always unnecessary, but damn the ref for messing things up.

The best part about Chelsea today is they played a whole HOUR with ten men and managed to hold off from Swansea outside of 1 goal, but hey, they scored another 2 for a total of 4 - and Drogba finishing it was a beautiful end to the match. Great stuff!

Barcelona were sublime today, I did not imagine a 5-0 victory over Atletico Madrid. A Messi hat-trick (at least 2 of those goals were LEGENDARY) is always welcome :)! Nice to see Pique back again as well!

Kylehimself said:
He never even touched him! Fuck off.

Edit: Slightest touch, my god.

Damn ref was a annoying today - not just because of being a bit harsh on Torres, but because he was all over the place, handing yellows here and there, NOT giving advantage play to us at all - Torres was fouled at one point but Chelsea played on for a deadly attack but the jackass whistled. I'm surprised he allowed our normal goals to be counted. Any idea how many league games will Torres miss due to suspension?

Edit - 3 match ban?? What?? Why can't we have one match bans for everyone instead? 3 match bans are freaking ridiculous.

ShogunX

The Liverpool highlights on MOTD missed a lot of the match. I know I'm obviously biased but it didn't show Downing going clean through one on one in the second half and Hennesey making the save. Also didn't show the backheel from Suarez that almost led to a goal nor did it show the times when Wolves went close to equalising.

Also missed Gerrard having another good chance and Carroll fucking up a certain goal by taking far too many touches. Weird.

Clegg

Fady K said:
Damn ref was a annoying today - not just because of being a bit harsh on Torres, but because he was all over the place, handing yellows here and there, NOT giving advantage play to us at all - Torres was fouled at one point but Chelsea played on for a deadly attack but the jackass whistled. I'm surprised he allowed our normal goals to be counted. Any idea how many league games will Torres miss due to suspension?

Edit - 3 match ban?? What?? Why can't we have one match bans for everyone instead? 3 match bans are freaking ridiculous.
Torres gets a 3 match ban because he received a straight red card.

He deserves it for being an idiot and tackling with 2 feet.

Fëanor

Regulus Tera said:
Half time

Cruz Azul 0-1 Chivas

¡A huevo!

Cruz Azul guy at work was betting against a Chiva guy and even gave him 3 goals in advance to make it fair lol. I wonder if he's kicking himself for having such an idea.

alterno69

Banned
Fëanor said:
Cruz Azul guy at work was betting against a Chiva guy and even gave him 3 goals in advance to make it fair lol. I wonder if he's kicking himself for having such an idea.
Three goals? That's just dumb.

Fady K said:
Was very, very happy with Chelsea today. Torres scoring yet again - a beautiful goal as well - put a big smile on my face. To see him do well after that crazy miss against the red devils left me with a feeling of excitement - the guy brushed it off and went on to try hard - and he was rewarded for his efforts. Shame on that tackle, I noticed that Torres' carded-tackles are always unnecessary, but damn the ref for messing things up.

The best part about Chelsea today is they played a whole HOUR with ten men and managed to hold off from Swansea outside of 1 goal, but hey, they scored another 2 for a total of 4 - and Drogba finishing it was a beautiful end to the match. Great stuff!

Barcelona were sublime today, I did not imagine a 5-0 victory over Atletico Madrid. A Messi hat-trick (at least 2 of those goals were LEGENDARY) is always welcome :)! Nice to see Pique back again as well!

At the time I didn't think Torres made any contact with the player and the guys on Match of the Day seem to think the same. To be fair to the Mike Dean, from his position seeing Torres go in how did, and seeing the Swansea player fall to the ground holding his shin, he had no real option other to send him off. Two things on that, 1) Torres shouldn't of went in with two feet. Fair enough, from my point of view he made no contact, or at least very minimal. But he shouldn't have done it because you're asking for trouble. 2) If no contact was made, then it bugs me that the Swansea player falls to the ground holding his leg giving it his best theatrics.

I'm not 100% on the rules so I can't say for sure, maybe a two footer regardless of what happens is a red, perhaps not. But for me personally, I think every tackle should be assessed on its own merit. The notion that two footed tackles are more dangerous only stands, in my opinion, if the tackle is a big buster of a challenge. Torres's tackle, for my money, was not. A yellow would be fine. But as I said above, perhaps from the refs point of veiw it looked worse.

As for Deans overall refereeing performance. I think he was overly harsh. The yellow for Mata was a nonsense booking and there was another for one of the Swansea lads, who's name I don't know, that to be fair to them was also never a yellow. At least he was consistent in handing them out to both teams. But too harsh for my liking.

Edit: As for the ban. Well at least there are two Champions League matches coming up in the following weeks he can play in.

Hixx

PaulLFC said:
I feel stupid. I'm sure I'll kick myself when I find out and it's something obvious, but what have I missed?

It's a little slice of whatever Man City's stadium is called these days.

Lightning

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
Szczesny! What a save. He's going to be one of the greats
Indeed. He will become a great great goal keeper. It's comforting to have a relable keeper between our posts.

Bungieware said:
You should probably hope that doesn't happen if you want to keep him.
We'll see about that. We'll also see how good Spurs are at keeping Bale and Modric if once again Spurs fail to qualify for the Champions League.

PaulLFC

HixxSAFC said:
It's a little slice of whatever Man City's stadium is called these days.
KuGsj.gif
now I get it!

New OT incoming...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PaulLFC said:
It's alright, pretty sure I get what it's referring to now! Damn having to work late weekdays and missing out on most of what goes on in here!

Kermit's football pub :p As good as the real thing so we hear from him.

Fady K

Being a Chelsea fan, it was nice to see ManUtd do the unimaginable this season - dropping a couple of points.

GQman2121 said:
Jesus, we can't buy a clean sheet this season.

I know :[ We need to step up the defense. Most of the goals we conceded were due to poor defensive errors. We need to mark better.

PJX said:
I rather a player who is hungry to play then one who just sits around and does care.

*looks at Torres*

Torres cares a lot more now than he did in ages. He's attempting to score a whole lot more, scored a couple, assisted both goals of the Champions League game so far, he is doing very well for the most part. A far, far cry from last season's Torres at Chelsea. Massive improvement. He just needs to avoid tackling, cause he sucks at it. He gets carded for every tackle almost.

xintin said:
Welcome back Didier :)

Beautiful ending to today's game :]!!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
anyone watch punto pelota? love it, it's refreshing to see hilariously biased journalists going at each other. Plus Irene Junquera is ridiculously hot.

l.jpg

:drool

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
tolkir said:
Please, you don't mention again this shit please. NeoGaf still is safe.

I prefer shows like Fiebre Maldini, Informe Robinson or El Día Despues.
oh please! it's bad if you take it seriously, which you shouldn't.

it's specially good whenever madrid loses, the hilarity is way too good.

tolkir

Error said:
oh please! it's bad if you take it seriously, which you shouldn't.

it's specially good whenever madrid loses, the hilarity is way too good.

They only talk about Madrid and Barca, not precisely about football.

cozo

Vivalaraza said:
Why wasn't Webb in charge?

he's out on loan to man city

mike dean got the decision spot on. torres tackle was a clear red, regardless of whether he actually touched the man or not.

mozfan12

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
On the paper I would have taken the draw against Cruz Azul in the Azul Stadium, but fucking shit, our defence sucks arse. :(
Honestly it was a great match, as a lifelong Cruz Azul fan, i would have loved to win the game, but the Mexican league rarely has a match of this quality during the normal season, especially in the big matches with two teams that have a history to show for it. Both teams went at it, which is great.

PS:

Im really worried about Milans champs league match. Much love to seedorf today but were fucked!!!!

mozfan12

Banned
Messi said:
+1 for dropping soccer
Im pretty wasted, but fuck yes to this. Being a football fan living in the US is the worst, i cringe everytime i have to say that word.

PS:
I got free Chivas USA vs Seattle tickets today. Is it worth the gas money?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
mozfan12 said:
Im pretty wasted, but fuck yes to this. Being a football fan living in the US is the worst, i cringe everytime i have to say that word.

PS:
I got free Chivas USA vs Seattle tickets today. Is it worth the gas money?

Why does a word make you cringe? Seattle is very fun to watch.

mozfan12

Banned
sazabirules said:
Why does a word make you cringe? Seattle is very fun to watch.
As a kid, i only spoke spanish, so I called it futbol, so its always felt wierd saying soccer, just can't get accustomed to it.

Yeah, I'll probs just go to watch Juan Pablo Angel, have a lot of respect for that guy, esp his River Plate years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom