• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2017 |OT| 28-3

My draft for Premier was kind of a shit show. Was only able to pay minimal attention as I was sweating balls at a theme park, but I made my bids count at first, netting Julio, Evans, and Ajayi. Then auto-draft rears its head and got me a busted Spencer Ware, useless back-up DST, and spent $10 on LeGarrette "Fat" Blount. Time to work that waiver wire, or I won't be around in GJLP for long.

(GJL3) really happy about my WR depth after the draft, especially after looking into everyone more. Hilton, Baldwin, Cooks, Diggs, Crowder, E Sanders. Even if two of them completely bust I would still be sitting alright.

However, wouldnt be opposed to a trade for a higher quality player if somebody is looking for more depth. 2 for 1 or something like that.

Only a couple days away from the new season starting!

I'm going to modify GJLP's schedule so that each team plays everyone from their division twice, and then a randomized set of opponents from the other division will fill out the rest of the schedule. This is consistent with how we did the scheduling last year.

GJL2: KingV is your commish, so it'll be up to him to make changes that reflect this.

GJL3: You're unaffected since there's only 10 teams.

Let me know if there's any issues with this. Thanks!

Are you rolling as commish in order to run AFK Chicken?

Yes, sorry, I forgot to run that by you. It's easier for me to hold onto the commish tools since I'm in the league anyway. If there comes a point where I can transfer AFK Chicken to someone that can run it properly, I'll transfer commish tools over to you.

giphy.gif

Sorry timetokill.. them taking Ajayi, Parker and Landry off the board week 1, AND giving me Elliot is not very kind.

What a weird start to a season.

Oh.. everyone take their Dolphins and Bucs out of your starting lineup, game has been postponed till Week 11.

Schedules changed for GJLP and GJL3. Everyone plays their division opponents twice and then a random set of opponents from the other division to round out the schedule.

In the interest of fairness, all first week matchups have been retained.

To those of you with Bucs and Dolphins player, please be aware that the game has been rescheduled for week 11. Make your adjustments accordingly!

Sorry timetokill.. them taking Ajayi, Parker and Landry off the board week 1, AND giving me Elliot is not very kind.

What a weird start to a season.

Oh.. everyone take their Dolphins and Bucs out of your starting lineup, game has been postponed till Week 11.

Freaking BRUTAL :(

And you got fucking 42.60 points out of Hunt tonight... fuck me lol this week is a loss

Freaking BRUTAL :(

And you got fucking 42.60 points out of Hunt tonight... fuck me lol this week is a loss

Yeah.. there is still a bunch of football left though! I got screwed by the Bucs move in my $$ league.

$28 doesn't look too bad for Hunt right now on JL3 that's for sure. Hope he can keep it up all season.

Compbros

Depending on how the week goes I may just take the L to keep my players. There's no one I wanna drop for a middle of the pack replacement QB for a week.

Feels good to be back in the swing of things! Luckily I already won my matchup this week in GJLP, but still can't wait to see how my players tomorrow do!

It's weird that you can drop a player whose game has already started/finished to add somebody else who hasn't played yet, immediately bypassing the waiver wire. I don't remember that being possible in prior leagues.

Usually, once a game starts that player is locked on your team until the waiver wire opens to be replaced, no?

I tested it out using Forte to make sure I wasn't missing something after noticing it happening twice already to replace injured players.

Also, giant egg this week but last year I started off 3-5 and finished 2nd, so no worries yet!

It's weird that you can drop a player whose game has already started/finished to add somebody else who hasn't played yet, immediately bypassing the waiver wire. I don't remember that being possible in prior leagues.

Usually, once a game starts that player is locked on your team until the waiver wire opens to be replaced, no?

I tested it out using Forte to make sure I wasn't missing something after noticing it happening twice already to replace injured players.

Also, giant egg this week but last year I started off 3-5 and finished 2nd, so no worries yet!

Hmmm... I think what happened here is that you're still able to add players currently considered Free Agents, which includes anyone that didn't play this week. Since the Miami game got moved, Cutler was considered a FA.

You can't add anyone to your team that has already played this week, they're listed under Waivers until the current period expires.

The only players you're able to drop are players on your bench or players that haven't played yet. I just tested this out and tried to drop a starter, but it wouldn't let me.

This seems consistent with how it worked last year, from what I can recall. I could be mistaken though.

That's either a bug or a bad setting. Which JL is it?

Once a player's game has begun, they should be immediately locked. Dropping the player the day after is considered a Week 2 action and will not affect your Week 1 bench.

Allowed:
1. I have an open roster spot Sunday Night
2. I add Ted Ginn Jr (plays Monday) and can use him this week if I choose

Not Possible:
1. I had Charcandrick West on the bench thursday
2. I want to drop him for Ted Ginn Jr on Sunday

^ In the above example, one of these two things must happen:
1. Can drop as a week 2 action, but since you don't have the week 1 slot, no pickup
2. Can't drop until tuesday
I'm not sure which way Yahoo does it, but there is fundamentally no way to drop a guy after using him within the same week.

I would ask your commish right away.

EDIT: ah, Outsider is on top of it

That's either a bug or a bad setting. Which JL is it?

Once a player's game has begun, they should be immediately locked. Dropping the player the day after is considered a Week 2 action and will not affect your Week 1 bench.

Allowed:
1. I have an open roster spot Sunday Night
2. I add Ted Ginn Jr (plays Monday) and can use him this week if I choose

Not Possible:
1. I had Charcandrick West on the bench thursday
2. I want to drop him for Ted Ginn Jr on Sunday

^ In the above example, one of these two things must happen:
1. Can drop as a week 2 action, but since you don't have the week 1 slot, no pickup
2. Can't drop until tuesday
I'm not sure which way Yahoo does it, but there is fundamentally no way to drop a guy after using him within the same week.

I would ask your commish right away.

EDIT: ah, Outsider is on top of it
That has always been a thing in Yahoo leagues. I did that exact thing all last year in all my leagues last year, and even did it yesterday by dropping Kevin White after his injury for someone that plays tomorrow. It's not something you can fix in the settings as far as I know

That has always been a thing in Yahoo leagues. I did that exact thing all last year in all my leagues last year, and even did it yesterday by dropping Kevin White after his injury for someone that plays tomorrow. It's not something you can fix in the settings as far as I know

Not that I've ever seen on Yahoo? And it's what I play exclusively. Unless I'm misunderstanding exactly what you did?

Outsider is right - if you have a bench slot you can pickup a guy, but once his team has played, he's untouchable. There is a league setting called "Waiver Rules" in the commissioner section that lets you modify this.

Dropping a player who's team is playing (or has already played) shouldn't be possible unless the settings are wonky. You'll either get the error "A player has played today and is no longer editable" or you're dropping for Week 2. It may show you picking up the guy but if you set your roster view to Week 1 he's not there.

Not that I've ever seen on Yahoo? And it's what I play exclusively. Unless I'm misunderstanding exactly what you did?

Outsider is right - if you have a bench slot you can pickup a guy, but once his team has played, he's untouchable. There is a league setting called "Waiver Rules" in the commissioner section that lets you modify this.

Dropping a player who's team is playing (or has already played) shouldn't be possible unless the settings are wonky. You'll either get the error "A player has played today and is no longer editable" or you're dropping for Week 2. It may show you picking up the guy but if you set your roster view to Week 1 he's not there.

As long as the player you are picking up hasn't played yet and the person you're dropping isn't in your lineup, it'll go thru. I think you're talking about if the person that you're PICKING up has played, but I think we're talking about if the person you're DROPPING has played

For example: I dropped Kevin White after he played and got injured for the Minnesota defense. And blahoholics dropped Matt Forte this morning after he played for Cutler

That's what cr_blah's post was talking about: it's broken because you get a head start on picking up players on the wire that haven't played yet, even if your players have. It gets even worse if people start playing the handcuff game that's like this :
Thursday... Pick up handcuff.

Sunday morning... Drop first handcuff, pick up second handcuff.

Sunday afternoon... Drop second handcuff, pickup third handcuff.

Sunday afternoon... Drop third handcuff, pick up fourth handcuff.

Sunday night... Drop fourth handcuff, pickup fifth handcuff.

Monday night... Drop 5th handcuff... Stream kicker.

Edit: here's a Reddit post 3 DAYS ago about it

"PSA: In Yahoo leagues, you can drop players that have already played if they're on you're bench. Take advantage"

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfoo...a_in_yahoo_leagues_you_can_drop_players_that/

New Englands defense notwithstanding.. pretty good week so far in GJL3 (123pts w/ Demaryius Thomas left).

Saw the news today that the NFL is trying to appeal Elliott's injunction.. so maybe he'll go back on the shelf? Ugh.

Does anyone know if the Week 1 bye for Tampa counts as a missed week for Doug Martin? Or is he not back until Week 5 now?

Hmm interesting. Will give that a try if the opportunity appears. May warrant the need for continuous waivers
It won't affect waiver position, since they cleared the Tuesday waiver dates. Only way I can think of to stop it is to have weekly waiver acquisition limits, but it won't help much

It won't affect waiver position, since they cleared the Tuesday waiver dates. Only way I can think of to stop it is to have weekly waiver acquisition limits, but it won't help much

On Continuous Waivers, there is no FA. Waivers are processed on set days and anyone unclaimed stays on Waivers. It would stop that situation since you would be limited to a claim instead of a pickup. Maybe too harsh though...

On Continuous Waivers, there is no FA. Waivers are processed on set days and anyone unclaimed stays on Waivers. It would stop that situation since you would be limited to a claim instead of a pickup. Maybe too harsh though...

With that and FAAB would it mean everyone would require a minimum $1 bid to pickup? Even mid-week?

Escaped with a victory this week considering I had both Evans and Ajayi out due to the hurricane delay. Let's see how GJPL spends their FAAB, because there are some lookers on the wire right now.

Well yeah, that's essentially what's going on now isn't it? Everyone that played and is on waivers aren't available to be picked up til Wednesday, and everyone will bid on them and they'll clear then. The only difference is that the person who bids the most gets the players they put a claim in for, and not just who has the highest priority

Unless you mean that there is no point where you can pick up a player immediately after waivers clear Wednesday, which I've never heard of

Unless you mean that there is no point where you can pick up a player immediately after waivers clear Wednesday, which I've never heard of

This. It's an option in the league settings. FA does not exist in that mode; if a player goes unclaimed their waiver date just gets extended to the next processing period. It's used typically in leagues that want to restrict transactions by something other than count.

I believe it lets you set a few processing times a week but not sure of the specific details.

Hustler

Week 1 was quite the mess, barely came out with a win. My neighborhood league? Not so lucky. Time to not overact to all the week 1 performances.

Top Bottom