• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Well I guess this is the week I don't have to complain about GLJP Bound (GatorBait ) being afk

Looks like setting my lineup better would have actually given me a shot at the bye too

I need an average of 11 points from Wilson, Baldwin, Graham and Olsen....44 points for the win. If they don't accomplish this simple task...I dunno man.

Looks like if I win I'll be playing Blaho in the 4/5 game. It'll be Putin most likely vs Rabid/OGF/BT in that order in 3 vs 6. Putin's loss means Jameis gets the #1 spot, Kelika Beasts lands at #2.

8.68 points in the first quarter...also behind the 11 I need per a quarter(or per a player). Eh.

Seahawks leaving all these points off the board with these FGs. That drive got me a lot of points though. Just about on pace.

13.1 that quarter.

Down 21.6 points. Gonna be close. Erased half the lead the first half.

Dwayne Allen and DinousaurBoner keeping OGF out of the playoffs and into the bottom 4 of the league. Wow. Lobsters catches a break as he was going to be in the bottom 4...but still misses out on the playoffs(although I dunno how the league is doing consolation...if playoffs count for who gets demoted). It looks like BT Skullcrackers will sneak into a playoff spot at 6-7.

137 and counting and with no kicker. Unbelievable. Not watching the game but looking at the stats...Allen has 3 TDs on only 3 catches.

Vyer

It's been that kind of year.

I mean, 27 fucking points from Dwayne Allen. lol

Probably gonna step back from fantasy after this year. always been a crapshoot of course, but I should probably find some different uses for the time I spend on it lol

OGF just had everything working against him despite having a legit team and deserving better. I did not want to run up against him in the playoffs. Good season, Vyer, it was just one of those years.

Compbros

Gotta play Florida again for the playoffs after just playing him to get into the playoffs this week. We're 1-1 for the season and clashed a lot in the draft and now one of us will knock out the other. What a year.

Clinched a playoff birth on the last week. Whew. Now to figure out what to do with Rodgers and Nelson going up against the Hawks this week. Ugh.

Clinched a playoff birth on the last week. Whew. Now to figure out what to do with Rodgers and Nelson going up against the Hawks this week. Ugh.
Seahawks lost one of their best defensive players last week and Rodgers didn't do too bad last year without Jordy against them last year (250 yards and 2 TD's), so I think he'll be fine.

wbsmcs

Top 6 point scorers from GJL3 make it in.

Highest scoring: 1477.98 points.
6th highest scoring: 1413.10 points
7th highest scoring: 1355.22 points

So it does seem like there was a big drop off from 6th place.

Vyer

On the bright side you don't owe youngplaya21 a drink. =)

ha, that's true

OGF just had everything working against him despite having a legit team and deserving better. I did not want to run up against him in the playoffs. Good season, Vyer, it was just one of those years.

Thanks, yeah, just how fantasy is. Though this is the first time I've encountered such a long string of shitty luck in all the years I've been playing. Should probably take it as a sign lol

Premier League
Records vs Everyone

KJ 107-36
PKC 83-60
Blah 82-61
OGF 81-62
KB 80-63
BT 76-67
KapN 70-73
SHP 66-77
RC 65-78
RL 61-82
DB 55-88
CBB 32-111

So are the demoted of each league already set or do the consolation playoffs mean something?
Previous years we had the regular season bottom 4 demoted and whoever made it to the final 4 in the playoffs promoted. Arkos tried a method that took the consolation bracket into consideration, but it was too convoluted. As far as I know that's the same way we're doing it this year, unless our new commander has any other plans in mind

Will post final regular season standings and playoff brackets later tonight.

Limping into the playoffs and now facing a backfield of Ezekiel Elliot, David Johnson and Lamar Miller. Great.

Woah, how did a team with that backfield only get 5th place? Yikes. I might be in your shoes next week, if things go poorly for you this week.

Got the bye by 27 points. I'll take it.

Bye for me too! And we just earned a trip to GJLP next year.

So are the demoted of each league already set or do the consolation playoffs mean something?

Previous years we had the regular season bottom 4 demoted and whoever made it to the final 4 in the playoffs promoted. Arkos tried a method that took the consolation bracket into consideration, but it was too convoluted. As far as I know that's the same way we're doing it this year, unless our new commander has any other plans in mind

I've typically deferred to the rules we've had in place in previous years, so I'm fine with using the regular season bottom 4 as the demoted teams unless there's a consensus to make the consolation playoffs matter.

I think the consolation bracket isn't worth considering. Imagine barely missing out on the playoffs...you're the 7th seed and you get a bye in consolation only to crap out and now you're in JL3 when you were so close to being in JL1...?

Then again I'm not in consolation bracket...so what do I know? Arkos I think might have been onto something...some hybrid of your record still going and then determining amongst consolation bracket participants. Maybe the winner of consolation gets an automatic safe seat in the same league next year regardless of how pitiful their regular season was and not being able to catch up in record including the consolation games...so there's always hope no matter how bad regular season went.

FINAL REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS

GJLP

bfcrPCO.png

Congratulations to all who have made the playoffs, and particularly to those who have earned a bye and earned a guaranteed spot in the next higher league next season.

Now let's take a look at our playoff matches, which kick off tomorrow!

And to those whose teams didn't make the cut - thank you so much for participating this year. There's a consolation ladder running throughout the remainder of the fantasy season that you are welcome to participate in, but bear in mind it's only for bragging rights and will not affect your placement in the leagues next season.

FINAL REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS
Hard luck loser in Man With No Team Name in GJL2. 3rd in the league with 1400 pts scored, but also had the most points scored against, on the outside looking into the playoffs. And I'm sitting here with 1261 pts, which is second least for a playoff team across all 3 leagues. That's how the ball bounces I guess.

What a terrible week for fantasy (short of a handful of players). Perfect time for a bye

Edit: only 2 teams cleared 100 points total this week, with MAYBE 2 more if some players put up crazy numbers

sangreal

Looking forward to GJLP next year :). What happened to Future Foundation, jesus

kingocfs already beat me twice so this is probably my swan song, but I'll take it

So, based on what I see at the moment it looks like the following teams will be moving up/down next year:

GJLP:
OnlyGoodellForgives (Vyer), DinosaurBoner (Fletcher), Straw Hat Pirates (Jayhawk) and CBB Team of ??? (ccbfan) will be moving to GJL2

GJL2:
Cap's Kooky Quartet (The Outsider), kingocfs (kingocfs), Shots Fired (sangreal) and Rudakus's Team (Rudakus) will be moving to GJLP.
Password is Taco (GK86), Hawkz (Doorakz), Shinanigans (ShinRPGamer) and Eli's Red Bucket (LQX) will be moving to GJL3

GJL3:
Straight Cash Homie (wbsmcs), KingV's Kingfolk (KingV), Florida Fornicators (Rad Shadow) and VJ's Redemption Squad (Violence Jack) will be moving to GJL2

Guessing that's all subject to change based on who elects to come back next year, but overall this was a competitive year in all 3 leagues! I don't recall hearing any AFK members besides a kicker being left in last week either, while last year definitely had a few absentee players. And thanks again Outsider for getting the leagues back together this year!

5th place will be mine!

Debating whether to play again next year myself. It's fun and all but injuries take the fun out pretty quick. All 4 RBs I drafted missed many games and I had to drop the top 2.

When you spend half your remaining budget on Ty and keep him on the bench because you don't trust the Packers to actually use him and he finally goes off :|

Feeling good but I hate starting multiple players on the same team and I'm doing it twice with Inman/Farrow and Jackson/Reed.

Everything falling apart in the last 10 minutes lol

Welp, it was a helluva run this year! Definitely did better than the dumpster fire that was last year, but blah just went HAM on me! Great game, and good luck to those in the finals!

Horrible week for me, and of course it comes during the playoffs. That's fantasy football for you.

I'll post the final matchups tomorrow after this week concludes.

Welp, it was a helluva run this year! Definitely did better than the dumpster fire that was last year, but blah just went HAM on me! Great game, and good luck to those in the finals!

GG. That run you made with Ariz-NO had me nervous with how poor my SD players were going and Matt being on the bench in the 4th. You beat me twice in the regular season, so just happy I could finally get one and stay hot after barely sneaking into the playoffs.

GG. That run you made with Ariz-NO had me nervous with how poor my SD players were going and Matt being on the bench in the 4th. You beat me twice in the regular season, so just happy I could finally get one and stay hot after barely sneaking into the playoffs.
Looks like it's you vs Kelika for the Championship! And somehow I just noticed that the final 4 was Bell vs DJ vs Elliott vs Brown. And it's the exact same in my other league

My season is over. I took 5th place. Oh how the mighty have fallen. At least I went out with a win and broke 100 points in my game which became quite the effort this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom