• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2017 |OT| 28-3

Sorry, Falcons fans. I'm accepting submissions for an alternate thread title.

IhVVMa7.png

Welcome to the GAF Justice League, a fantasy football league where we wager something much more valuable than money: our pride and honor!

I'm happy to carry on the tradition started by Arkos for the second year in a row. Let's congratulate our GAF Justice League Champions from 2016!

EmpzB9b.jpg

So, here's the deal:

1. There are three separate leagues here: GJLP, GJL2, and GJL3. Each will have 12 teams, divided into two divisions of six teams.
  2. Basic Rules: 0.5 PPR, fractional scoring, one week games, waivers = FAAB
  3. Playoffs: 6 teams, division winners earn a bye, one week games, total length of three weeks
  4. Promotion and Relegation: Top 4 teams move up (thus, division winners automatically move up). Middle 4 teams stay where they are. Bottom 4 teams move down. Those in GJLP can't move up, and those in GJL3 can't move down.
  5. Record Tie Breakers: Division Record > Points For > Points For Last Matchup.
  6. AFK: Don't be that guy. You will be booted from the league if necessary.

neogafjusticeleague@gmail.com is the alternate contact email. This is for users that are banned throughout the course of the season that need to get a hold of me for any reason. Please include your GAF username with your emails!

Here are the current members for each league, which reflects promotions and demotions from the 2016 season::

GJLP said:
4bEf2sW.png

GJLP

kelik - Kelika Beasts
cr_blah_blah - Blahoholics
youngplaya21 - King Jameis
SleazyC - Putin Karate Chop
Bonethug - BT's Skullcrackers
Rawr its Ry - FrankGoreWaifuPillow
kingocfs - The New York Jets
The Outsider - A Team Has No Name*
sangreal - Sangreal's Okay Team
Passive Observer - West Coast Naysayers
Future Foundation - Hamilton Hams
Fletcher - DinosaurBoner

GJL2 said:
fz5aJq4.png

GJL2

smokeymicpot - Man with no team nam
ccbfan - CCBFAN Team of ???
Violence Jack - RW3 Miracle Water
Rad Shadow - Florida Fornicators
KingV - KingV Bottom Dollars*
ironmang - Vincent Adultman
GK86 - Password is Taco
Compbros - TheRipsCostExtra
Doorakz- You Got Rick Rolled
Cappa - SomeBigAssTDs
ShinRPGamer
LQX - Eli's Red Bucket

GJL3 said:
e2TIEbE.png

GJL3

timetokill - Busted Covfeferage
thebigmanjosh - Golden Tate Warriors
Crazymoogle - Bail Kings
kylecoley182 - the baba booeys
Captain Zyrain - On a Roll
Farsi - Batman doesn't kill
FUBAR McDangles - Team Fubar
goober - Hennethings possible
JFunky - American Hoyer Story
The Outsider - AFK Chicken*

* denotes commissioner for each league.

If you see your name listed, you have a spot reserved!

If you do not wish to participate this year, please let me know so that I can open up a free spot to anyone on the wait list.

Please let me know if you're interested in participating this year and I will put you on the wait list. If any current member elects not to participate this year, I will award their vacated spot to a member on the wait list!

Thanks again to Arkos for the graphics, content, and inspiration!

Let's have another awesome season, GAF!

2016 GJL Thread
2015 GJL Thread
2014 GJL Thread
2013 GJL Thread

I mean, I'm in. I have live drafts august 26th and Sept 3rd around 7pm est. Those will take about 3 hours or so.

Other than that I'm good/free.

Looking forward to move up again!

Mazre

I must sadly announce my fantasy retirement. Thanks all for many enjoyable seasons and good luck on the new season.

I must sadly announce my fantasy retirement. Thanks all for many enjoyable seasons and good luck on the new season.

Thank you, sorry to see you go.

Our 2016 5th place finishers in GJL2 and GJL3 have been promoted as a result of this. Congrats, Passive Observer and ironmang!

Glad to see some returning faces.

Is there a general preference between drafting after preseason week 3 or waiting until the entire preseason is over?

hey guys, gonna take a break this year from the league, thanks. good luck hope you guys have fun

Thanks, hope to see you next year!

Compbros slides up to GJL2 and Captain Zyrain fills an open slot in GJL3.

Still waiting to hear from goober on the other open slot in GJL3.

Mon-Fri avail after 5pm-ish PST. Sat or Sunday draft whenever. I don't really have a format preference but TBH I'd enjoy reg snake instead of auction. But it's not that big of an issue really.

Oh yes. Can't wait to see what GL2 level of competition is like. I'm busy as hell this month, but I'm available most nights anytime after 6pm and 10pm mountain time zone. I'm unavailable on the 17th.

Jayhawk

Though I want to redeem myself after being demoted to league #2, I think I have to retire from fantasy football since I am too busy with other things.

Thanks, hope to see you next year!

Compbros slides up to GJL2 and Captain Zyrain fills an open slot in GJL3.

Still waiting to hear from goober on the other open slot in GJL3.

Started from the bottom now we.. still on the bottom, we just started! Looking forward to it.

Do you use the on-line draft through Yahoo? I can probably make almost any time work, except 9/2/17.

Just saw the thread today and I'll be able to participate again. Hopefully I can redeem myself after the awful showing last year.

Though I want to redeem myself after being demoted to league #2, I think I have to retire from fantasy football since I am too busy with other things.

I'm going to have to drop out, don't think I have the time to run multiple fantasy teams this year. Thanks for the great two years!

Thanks for participating the past couple years, hope to see you next year.

Cappa moves up to GJL2. Farsi and FUBAR McDangles, you're both in GJL3. Still holding the last open spot... for now.

Started from the bottom now we.. still on the bottom, we just started! Looking forward to it.

Do you use the on-line draft through Yahoo? I can probably make almost any time work, except 9/2/17.

Yes, draft will be conducted online through Yahoo, time and date still to be determined.

kelik

I will be back to defend the GJLP championship. Cmon back to back.

Also any time after 7pm EDT works. Would rather not do labor day weekend but if that's the best for everyone else then I'll go with it.

aw man, did i respond too late again?

edit: i think that open spot might be for me?? wishful thinking

Sorry, I meant to respond to your PM sooner.

That spot is indeed yours, updated the OP to include you in GJL3.

Still working on setting up the leagues, but I hope to have league invites out soon.

And just to put it out there, would August 27th work for most of you as the draft day?

Sorry, I meant to respond to your PM sooner.

That spot is indeed yours, updated the OP to include you in GJL3.

Still working on setting up the leagues, but I hope to have league invites out soon.

And just to put it out there, would August 27th work for most of you as the draft day?

I have a draft at 10AM Pacific on the 27th (Yahoo(!), online).

I'm not sure if I can do two at the same exact time, never tried it before.

Top Bottom