• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I have the inside track on a win this week against a bye ravished team. My opponent Hawkz has 0 projected points on his bench; everyone's on bye or injured. TJ Yeldon and Bilail Powell will be his starting RBs, along with a freshly picked up Tannehill behind center and WR4s in his receivers corp. I don't usually feel confident entering the weekend despite Yahoo projections, but I'm confident this week against a struggle lineup.

Compbros

I was worried for this week but both my opponents RBs did not perform like I thought they would so I may eek out a win.

Damn it....

Do I keep Carlos Hyde in in case he plays vs New Orleans?
or do I bench him for... *gulp* Mike Gillislee @ Seattle?

D:

Damn it....

Do I keep Carlos Hyde in in case he plays vs New Orleans?
or do I bench him for... *gulp* Mike Gillislee @ Seattle?

D:

Hyde is unlikely to play. I dropped Gillislee for Harris without hesitation. But if that's not an option, Gillislee is better than nothing though, Seahawks aren't exactly crushing RBs; you'd just be banking on McCoy getting hurt or just uncomfortable enough to miss wide swathes of gametime.

Hyde is unlikely to play. I dropped Gillislee for Harris without hesitation. But if that's not an option, Gillislee is better than nothing though, Seahawks aren't exactly crushing RBs; you'd just be banking on McCoy getting hurt or just uncomfortable enough to miss wide swathes of gametime.

You know, good call. I don't know why I didn't look for Harris originally.

Hustler

Think I have the inside track on a win this week against a bye ravished team. My opponent Hawkz has 0 projected points on his bench; everyone's on bye or injured. TJ Yeldon and Bilail Powell will be his starting RBs, along with a freshly picked up Tannehill behind center and WR4s in his receivers corp. I don't usually feel confident entering the weekend despite Yahoo projections, but I'm confident this week against a struggle lineup.

Yep, and I had to work my magic to even get where I am for this week. I'd expect an easy win for you as well. Although... if you happen to lose, your post will make the victory that much sweeter.

Vyer

Putin I saw your trade just didn't get back to my desktop in time to respond. Might send you a counter.

Premier, my current RB stable:

McCoy
Gordon
Forte
Booker

One of em has got to go. Looking primarily for a WR, though with Ben's injury I might be interested in an upgrade at QB. TE could also use a bump. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I'm sitting here with Luck (#2 QB in our league) and Brees (#3 QB in our league), so if anyone wants to offer a RB2 or WR2 for either, let me know. There's gotta be 4-6 teams out there that could use a highend QB for the playoffs.

If not, whatever. No rush in looking for a possible third trade to not work out on my end
KuGsj.gif

Jayhawk

Looks like I picked the wrong TE in the CLE vs DAL matchup. Witten more than doubling his season-high in rec. yards in a game, plus a TD. Though I was banking on some garbage time points from Barnidge, so we'll see what CLE does in the fourth quarter.

Jayhawk

Gonna end up with a top 5 score, but of course I'm facing the team who will end up with #1 or #2 in points this week. Schedule randomness!!!!!

There is one matchup where neither team is projected to break 63 points...

Gonna end up with a top 5 score, but of course I'm facing the team who will end up with #1 or #2 in points this week. Schedule randomness!!!!!

There is one matchup where neither team is projected to break 63 points...
Yeah that's insane... whoever wins that matchup can claim to be the luckiest person in the league

Holy crap, I may have a chance to come out of bye week hell with a win! Just need McCoy to start and not let Gillisee get 16 points

Looksl like whoever is gjlp bound in Gjl2 didn't bother this week. Left his TE spot open witb ebron on the bench
Hopefully he just didn't have time and isn't AFK. The leagues were doing great so far with everyone participating

Looksl like whoever is gjlp bound in Gjl2 didn't bother this week. Left his TE spot open witb ebron on the bench

His last league activity was on Oct 27th. Hopefully he gets back into it because he's commanding a playoff-quality team with top-tier talent. His team could've easily won this week if the lineup was set.

If I didn't take out Russell for Carr I might have made this interesting. Would still be down 30 points right now instead of 46. Between Wilson/Baldwin/Graham...they might make another 30 points. Just my luck.

The end of that Buff-Sea game just had a big swing in GJLP. DinosaurBoner (3-5) was down by 2.62 points, with Sea D, versus Kelika Beasts (5-3) going into that final drive and managed to get the 3 sacks to take the lead and win. Super close.

The entire league still basically in it as well.

The end of that Buff-Sea game just had a big swing in GJLP. DinosaurBoner (3-5) was down by 2.62 points, with Sea D, versus Kelika Beasts (5-3) going into that final drive and managed to get the 3 sacks to take the lead and win. Super close.

The entire league still basically in it as well.
Yeah I noticed that as well. That's gotta hurt for Kelika, since that cost him the division lead. Plus every division win counts on Gaming side, with 5 of the top 6 are on their side...

Yo OP/Commish! Looks like we're gonna duke it out for first place in our division in GJL2. Hope Jimmy Graham shows up big again this week. Like they say out here on these mean streets, it's on like Donkey Kong.

sangreal

Yo OP/Commish! Looks like we're gonna duke it out for first place in our division in GJL2. Hope Jimmy Graham shows up big again this week. Like they say out here on these mean streets, it's on like Donkey Kong.

dropping him at the start of the season was my worst move so far

C Mike underachieving in 3 straight games, and Sammy Coates hasn't done shit in 4 weeks. Ryan Matthews is like the #3 RB. I'm gonna need a prayer to not finish under .500. That's my only goal now.

Compbros

I don't have much hope of winning this week and next will be a struggle as well.

That said trading ends in 4 days, I'm looking for an RB3.

Did not know ty got rb designation so rb or WR works for me in a trade.

Apologies all, haven't been very active in here of late. Time to catch up on the latest...

O hai what's going on in here you guys

Welcome back, old friend! Hope to see you around these parts next year.

Oh yeah! Going to be a good matchup. No regrets on the trade - Hill has paid dividends when I've needed to start him, and Graham has obviously been a huge upgrade at TE for your team. Whoever wins gets the inside track to locking up a spot in GJLP, so a lot at stake!

Only one more day til the trade deadline!

Bears repeating.

TRADE DEADLINE IS TOMORROW. DO IT! DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS.

Apologies all, haven't been very active in here of late. Time to catch up on the latest...

Welcome back, old friend! Hope to see you around these parts next year.

Oh yeah! Going to be a good matchup. No regrets on the trade - Hill has paid dividends when I've needed to start him, and Graham has obviously been a huge upgrade at TE for your team. Whoever wins gets the inside track to locking up a spot in GJLP, so a lot at stake!

Bears repeating.

TRADE DEADLINE IS TOMORROW. DO IT! DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS.
Any chance you could do the standings for all three leagues this week?

Compbros

This is why I hate leagues sometimes. Offered this guy Darren Sproles, Marvin Jones, and Robert Kelly in a PPR for Doug Martin. His counter offer was Martin for Jordy Nelson. Why would I ever do that especially with Nelson coming along and Martin still not cleared to play?

This is why I hate leagues sometimes. Offered this guy Darren Sproles, Marvin Jones, and Robert Kelly in a PPR for Doug Martin. His counter offer was Martin for Jordy Nelson. Why would I ever do that especially with Nelson coming along and Martin still not cleared to play?
Ummm.... No offense but the second trade is A LOT more fair. Jones hasn't done crap, Sproles is a RB2 at best and Kelley is a RB3 at best with his schedule coming up. Three meh players for a RB1 with the best upcoming schedule in the league is not fair. An RB1 for an WR1 is, and whoever gets Martin is STILL winning the Martin for Nelson trade if he comes back to form

If you tried that trade weeks ago, you may have gotten lucky. But Martin is now active this week, so why sell low when he held on to him all this time??? That's just my opinion though, and I don't even own any of those players besides Kelley

Compbros

Ummm.... No offense but the second trade is A LOT more fair. Jones hasn't done crap, Sproles is a RB2 at best and Kelley is a RB3 at best with his schedule coming up. Three meh players for a RB1 with the best upcoming schedule in the league is not fair. An RB1 for an WR1 is, and whoever gets Martin is STILL winning the Martin for Nelson trade if he comes back to form

If you tried that trade weeks ago, you may have gotten lucky. But Martin is now active this week, so why sell low when he held on to him all this time??? That's just my opinion though, and I don't even own any of those players besides Kelley

This is my problem, Martin is a POTENTIAL RB1 bit he is also inconsistent. He's a better Jeremy Hill in that any given week he can put up RB1 numbers and it be believable and he can also put up 9 points and it be believable. His first week he got 16~ points in our league. Jeremy Hill has been doing that for weeks and he's an RB2. His WR2 and 3 are Cole beasly and rishard Mathews while his RB2 is Bilal powell. Martin still isn't cleared, is a game time decision, and is the franchise rb meaning be could be eased back in. Meanwhile Jordy Nelson has been a top 5 wr in our league within the last 3 weeks and might even be number 1 but I'd have to check.

I'm not saying the trade is trash but it's a risk on my side while giving up a recent top 5 wr. We've seen what happened to Charles and Lacy. Both had long injuries, came back a game, then got shutdown for the year. Lacy even hurdled someone in his game back. There's no guarantee he comes back as Doug Martin.

Vyer

Damn... someone is actually 5th in Points for and is 8-1.... if that isn't lucky, idk what is
!

It's like the opposite of my season!

second highest point total and my PA is the highest in the league by like 100 points. Reading that 'If You Played the Same Schedule As...' thing in the recaps each week is painful.

Early season put me in a hell of a hole, don't really know if I can climb out but all the way.

This is my problem, Martin is a POTENTIAL RB1 bit he is also inconsistent. He's a better Jeremy Hill in that any given week he can put up RB1 numbers and it be believable and he can also put up 9 points and it be believable. His first week he got 16~ points in our league. Jeremy Hill has been doing that for weeks and he's an RB2. His WR2 and 3 are Cole beasly and rishard Mathews while his RB2 is Bilal powell. Martin still isn't cleared, is a game time decision, and is the franchise rb meaning be could be eased back in. Meanwhile Jordy Nelson has been a top 5 wr in our league within the last 3 weeks and might even be number 1 but I'd have to check.

I'm not saying the trade is trash but it's a risk on my side while giving up a recent top 5 wr. We've seen what happened to Charles and Lacy. Both had long injuries, came back a game, then got shutdown for the year. Lacy even hurdled someone in his game back. There's no guarantee he comes back as Doug Martin.
He's cleared. They said he's playing earlier today. And Nelson is definitely not a top 5, not even recently. Dude just had a 2 point game like 2-3 weeks ago, and had some good but not spectacular weeks since. Either way, I'm just playing devils advocate and saying where the other owner is coming from. That second trade isn't nearly as bad as you think, and the first is easily worse with a RBBC player with no TD upside, a RB that has by far the toughest schedule coming up and isn't that good to begin with, and a WR that flamed out. Maybe counter with Jordy and a RB3 like Kelley for Martin and a WR2/3?

It's like the opposite of my season!

second highest point total and my PA is the highest in the league by like 100 points. Reading that 'If You Played the Same Schedule As...' thing in the recaps each week is painful.

Early season put me in a hell of a hole, don't really know if I can climb out but all the way.
You're 1-2 wins away from being in the thick of it, and you're definitely on a roll. With as close as this league has been, I still wouldn't put any trans out of contention or automatically in the playoffs

wbsmcs

That's a decent offer i would say. Jordy hasn't been anywhere close to top 5 (this year, or recently). He's had two games of 94yds and a TD. Only one game above 100yds (101).

Depending on my team composition and place in standings I might actually prefer the Martin side given his playoff schedule.

Rishard Matthews is actually ranked higher than Jordy over the last 4 weeks.

Compbros

You're right, I was reading Jordy's stats too quickly on my phone. Still, his line for the past two weeks has been a 19 point game and a 22 point game and a touchdown in all but 2 games, that's not worth a guy that hasn't played since week 2 and was a game time decision as early as this morning when I sent the offer to me but I may be jaded by getting burned trading for injured RBs that had their season ended and drafting AP in that league. Long hurt RBs is a crap shoot and Jordy is being his WR1 self at the moment, no thanks.

Edit: My team

QB: Luck/Dalton
RB: Gordon, Jeremy Hill, Sproles, Kelly, Bibbs
WR: Edelman, Wallace, Jordy, Amari Cooper, Britt, Jones Jr
TE: Kelce

Their team

QB: Jameis Winston/Carr
RB: Murray, Martin, Powell, DeAngelo Williams
WR: Antonio Brown, Cole Beasly, Rishard, Maclin, Sterling Shepard, Eddie Royal
TE: Reed/Bennett

We're both 6-3

Holy shit, that Seattle-NE game was giving me some serious anxiety. If they gave Prosise that TD or NE forced overtime, my fantasy game looks a lot different.

As it stands, I'm up a couple points. Was holding Vinatieri in my kicker spot, but panicked in the middle of the game and added Nugent in case I needed more points to win. Currently benching him so that he can't lose the game for me. Running the risk of stat corrections making a difference, but I can't control that.

Hustler

Had my best game of the season this week. And of course I have to play the only team this week that has the potential to beat me. Here's to AJ Green having a mediocre game tomorrow night.

Good luck GK86

Holy shit, that Seattle-NE game was giving me some serious anxiety. If they gave Prosise that TD or NE forced overtime, my fantasy game looks a lot different.

As it stands, I'm up a couple points. Was holding Vinatieri in my kicker spot, but panicked in the middle of the game and added Nugent in case I needed more points to win. Currently benching him so that he can't lose the game for me. Running the risk of stat corrections making a difference, but I can't control that.

Nice move trying to hold onto Vinatieri but I can see why you were spooked. Had my hopes up too until that last TD went to Baldwin instead of Graham or Prosise. My big mistake was dropping Mariota last week for Kaep as a hail mary move, which allowed you to picked up a solid QB for Carr's bye week. Now he's looking like a great backup down the stretch. Seems you've got a tight hold on first place in the division, and probably the league overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom