• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might finally have the balanced team I've been trying to build all season depending on Dez staying healthy, and if Doyle keeps getting looks. So glad I was finally able to snag a TE.

But my god, Davante Adams went for $40 in GJL3

I think I might finally have the balanced team I've been trying to build all season depending on Dez staying healthy, and if Doyle keeps getting looks. So glad I was finally able to snag a TE.

But my god, Davante Adams went for $40 in GJL3

In my keeper league he just went for $88. Madness.

Compbros

People believe in him. With Jordy not getting the looks we're used to and Rodgers doing a ton of underneath stuff it makes since to get him. In our format he is the number 1 WR of the Packers. That carries some weight especially with such an anemic run game now.

Jayhawk

We're also approaching the halfway point of the season, and it's not like you can save your unused FAAB budget for another season. Spend the money when it can bring you value.

Sure, but it's also people taking a huge gamble that the Packers will continue to succeed with that offense. I mean Davante hasn't even had two consecutive good games yet, James Starks could be back soon, the police may finally discover where Jordy Nelson is hiding out, etc. It's a lot to bet on for one week.

Jayhawk

Adding up the remaining FAAB budgets in the premier league, it comes out to $783. $20, even $40, doesn't put a big dent into that. There aren't going to be 19 more players coming that are worth $40... or 39 more players worth $20 to take up remaining budgets.

The ink is still drying on the second trade accepted in GJL2. Think I'm giving up quite a bit but I like getting the best player in a 2-for-1. Sending Tyrell Williams and Devante Booker away for Jarvis Landry. And I'm playing my trade partner this week! Hope I don't lose the week at the hands of my old players.

Edit: Just heard that CJ Anderson is being evaluated for a knee injury. Booker's value went up quick. Yikes..

The ink is still drying on the second trade accepted in GJL2. Think I'm giving up quite a bit but I like getting the best player in a 2-for-1. Sending Tyrell Williams and Devante Booker away for Jarvis Landry. And I'm playing my trade partner this week! Hope I don't lose the week at the hands of my old players.

Edit: Just heard that CJ Anderson is being evaluated for a knee injury. Booker's value went up quick. Yikes..
Man, that's gotta be a record for best trade to worst lol

Lacy and now Anderson. Gah. Thankfully I won the bid for Asiata. McKinnon looked like he was about to die out there this past week so hopefully Asiata gets more snaps.

WEEK 8 STANDINGS

GJLP

fEH0DTM.png

Interesting that Gaming division is better in every league. For GJL2, if the playoffs started this week, there would be 5 teams from Gaming and 1 from Off-Topic.

Cappa opened up that pocket book this week, and spent all his FAAB money. GJLP and GJL2 have been far more conversative than GJL3 with their FAAB money so far.

WEEK 8 STANDINGS

Interesting that Gaming division is better in every league. For GJL2, if the playoffs started this week, there would be 5 teams from Gaming and 1 from Off-Topic.

Cappa opened up that pocket book this week, and spent all his FAAB money. GJLP and GJL2 have been far more conversative than GJL3 with their FAAB money so far.
Yooooo WTF??? It's Week 8!! Was he the one that blew all of that $$$ on Adams?

And looking for the win this week so that I can pull away from the rest of Off-Topic! It's way too freaking close in this division: one loss is differentiating 10th and 2nd place on our side...

Blake Bortles is the worst QB in the league. Gave up watching that crap pretty quick. Why are NFL ratings down? Blake Bortles is pathetic to watch. I have better shit to be doing than watch that crap dude play.

Blake Bortles is the worst QB in the league. Gave up watching that crap pretty quick. Why are NFL ratings down? Blake Bortles is pathetic to watch. I have better shit to be doing than watch that crap dude play.
Dropped him in my other league for Jameis. Worst part is watching Allen Robinson struggle along with him.

Compbros

Ouch, that's even worse... You still trying to trade to make up for them, or gonna stop the bleeding?

Dunno. My team right now is Brady, Gordon/Murray, Jones Jr/Benjamin/Cooper. Kelce. I have Hunter Henry, Derrick Carr, and Ty Montgomery as well. I traded away my running backs for potential upgrades and it hasn't killed me but if Murray/Gordon get hurt and Charles doesn't get back on the field in a meaningful capacity I'm gonna be in trouble.

Dunno. My team right now is Brady, Gordon/Murray, Jones Jr/Benjamin/Cooper. Kelce. I have Hunter Henry, Derrick Carr, and Ty Montgomery as well. I traded away my running backs for potential upgrades and it hasn't killed me but if Murray/Gordon get hurt and Charles doesn't get back on the field in a meaningful capacity I'm gonna be in trouble.
Yeah I'm right there with you RB wise, except with DJ and Ware

7 freaking weeks of waiting, and Eifert finally comes back to form and shows why he's a pro bowler. My Brees/Luck conundrum turned out to not even matter either, although I lost out on points due to choosing Luck. Also glad I was able to pick up Kelley: with Jones out he would've obviously been a decent RB2 this week

Unless the DEN-SD game blows up, I'm looking at a win this week with only 79.60 pts scored. Say what you will, my fantasy team plays great defense.

Hmm... Looking at the rankings after this week in the Premier league (pretty much every game except BT vs Putin is essentially done), and things are gonna be CLOSE. Every team is either 3-5, 4-4 or 5-3, so literally everyone has a good chance of making the playoffs AND a good chance of being demoted. Erasure and I should still lead our respective divisions due to Division record and Points For, but it definitely is closer than before (especially with a possible 4-way tie for the Division lead on the Gaming side if Putin wins)... The timing couldn't have been more perfect either, with every game from now on being a Divisional match up....

And just as a heads up: trade deadline is next Saturday! Now's the time to evaluate your team and determine if there are any moves you need to make to fill in those weaknesses! Benches won't help you win it all after a certain point, so if you have insane depth at a position, may wanna work on trading it away for some front line help at another position soon!

Thanks for pointing out the trade deadline is soon.

Survived a couple injury scares and three RBs on bye to move to 6-2 on the year. Definitely still in 2nd place at worst, but might slide into 1st depending on how the game goes tonight.

Compbros

We're pretty much in the final month of the season. Next Saturday is the trade deadline and there's 5 matches left until the playoffs. Here's where everyone stands, I'll be updating it weekly.

Seedings in order.

GJLP:

In the playoffs:
King Jameis (5-3/949.02)
Reigning Champions (5-3/820.26)
Kalika Beasts (5-3, 861.10)
Putin Karate Chop (5-3/856.10)
Kap'N Crunch (5-3/847.14)
Rabid Lobsters (4-4/776.26)

In the hunt:
CBB Team of ??? (4-4/759.20)
OnlyGoodellForgives (3-5/896.78)
BT's Skullcrackers (3-5/875.26)
Blahoholics (3-5/862.40)
Straw Hat Pirates (3-5/838.54)
DinosaurBoner (3-5/792.70)

Long Shot:

Eliminated:

Notes: The most heated league as every team has a realistic chance to make or miss the playoffs. 5 of the 6 playoffs teams have 5-3 records while many of the 3-5 teams have better Points For than most of the 5-3 teams and all of the 3-5 teams have better Points For than the 4-4 teams. This league can easily go any way.

GJL2:

In the playoffs:

Cap's Kooky Quartet (6-2/914.44)
GJLP Bound (5-3/910.26)
Shots Fired (5-3/833.66)
PO'ed (5-3/761.08)
Rudakus's Team (4-4/952.56)
kingocfs (4-4/813.72)

In the hunt:

Hawkz (4-4/752.28)
Hamilton Chiefs (4-4/748.34)
Blair Walsh Project (3-5/864.72)
Password is Taco (3-5/848.44)
Shinanigans (3-5/769.66)

Long Shot:

Eli's Red Bucket (2-6/719.44)

Eliminated:

Notes: The number 2 team (GJLP Bound) has a 10 point differential between Points For and Against. It just goes to show how strange fantasy can be as the number 5 team (Rudakus's Team) has the highest Points For in the league (952, 42 points higher than Bound) while having 815 Points Against (85 less than Bound) while boasting a 3-5 record.

GJL3:

Sleepy so I'll do GJL3 in the morning.

We're pretty much in the final month of the season. Next Saturday is the trade deadline and there's 5 matches left until the playoffs. Here's where everyone stands, I'll be updating it weekly.

Seedings in order.

GJLP:

In the playoffs:

In the hunt:

Long Shot:

Eliminated:

Notes: The most heated league as every team has a realistic chance to make or miss the playoffs. 5 of the 6 playoffs teams have 5-3 records while many of the 3-5 teams have better Points For than most of the 5-3 teams and all of the 3-5 teams have better Points For than the 4-4 teams. This league can easily go any way.

GJL2:

In the playoffs:

In the hunt:

Long Shot:

Eliminated:

Notes: The number 2 team (GJLP Bound) has a 10 point differential between Points For and Against. It just goes to show how strange fantasy can be as the number 5 team (Rudakus's Team) has the highest Points For in the league (952, 42 points higher than Bound) while having 815 Points Against (85 less than Bound) while boasting a 3-5 record.

GJL3:

Sleepy so I'll do GJL3 in the morning.
Woooo! It's a great feeling being in a competitive league! Even last year we had a few AFK members in the Premier league, and I even have some AFK players in a 16 man money league.

I like that there's more talk between the leagues this season. It helps that "the dude" posts the standings each week in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom