• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
IhVVMa7.png

Welcome to the GAF Justice League, a fantasy football league where we wager something much more valuable than money: our pride and honor!

Our usual overlord, Arkos, has handed the reins over to me for the 2016 season, and I'm happy to keep the tradition running! Let's begin with a round of applause for our 2015 champions:

fCfZ9hy.png

So, here's the deal:

1. There are three separate leagues here: GJLP, GJL2, and GJL3. Each will have 12 teams, divided into two divisions of six teams.
  2. Basic Rules: 0.5 PPR, fractional scoring, one week games, waivers = FAAB
  3. Playoffs: 6 teams, division winners earn a bye, one week games, total length of three weeks
  4. Promotion and Relegation: Top 4 teams move up (thus, division winners automatically move up). Middle 4 teams stay where they are. Bottom 4 teams move down. Those in GJLP can't move up, and those in GJL3 can't move down.
  5. Record Tie Breakers: Division Record > Points For > Points For Last Matchup.
  6. AFK: Don't be that guy. You will be booted from the league if necessary.

neogafjusticeleague@gmail.com is the new alternate contact email. This is for users that are banned throughout the course of the season that need to get a hold of me for any reason. Please include your GAF username with your emails!

Without further ado, here are the current members for each league:

GJLP said:
4bEf2sW.png

GJLP

Bonethug - BT's Skullcrackers
Fletcher - DinosaurBoner
Jayhawk - Straw Hat Pirates
Vyer - OnlyGoodellForgives
ErasureAcer - Reigning Champion
Mazre - Rabid Lobsters
Rawr its Ry - Kap'N Crunch
ccbfan - CCB Team of ???
kelik - Kelika Beasts
SleazyC - Putin Karate Chop
cr_blah_blah - Blahoholics
youngplaya21 - King Jameis

GJL2 said:
fz5aJq4.png

GJL2

The Outsider - Cap's Kooky Quartet
GK86 - Password is Taco
sangreal - Shots Fired
ShinRPGamer - Shinanigans
LQX - Eli's Red Bucket
smokeymicpot - Team Name TBA
GatorBait - GJLP Bound
kingocfs - kingocfs
Passive Observer - PO
Doorakz - Hawkz
Future Foundation - Hamilton Chiefs
Rudakus - Rudakus's Team

GJL3 said:
e2TIEbE.png

GJL3

Crazymoogle - Bail Kings
Frustrated_Grunt - Frustrated_Grunt
Violence Jack - VJs Redemption Squad
kylecoley182 - Dr.Tracksuit
Compbros - TheRipsCostExtra
ironmang - ArmagHEADon
thebigmanjosh - Golden Tate Warriors
Cappa - SomeBigAssTDs
Rad Shadow - Florida Fornicators
wbsmcs- Straight Cash Homie
timetokill - MariOta not MariotA
KingV - KingV's Kingfolk

Wait List said:

A few notes about these leagues: Everyone that placed in the top 4 of GJL2 or GJL3 moved up to the next highest league, no exceptions. Several members were removed from the pool due to either a permanent ban or letting me know they did not wish to participate this year. These new empty slots were then filled based on performances from 2015: first empty slot was claimed by the member who placed 9th in the 2015 final standings within their original league (instead of being dropped down to the next lower league), the second empty slot claimed by the member who placed 5th in the 2015 final standings within the next lower division (thus being the fifth member from that league to be promoted), and so on and so forth.

If you see your name listed, you have a spot reserved! If you do not wish to participate this year, please let me know so that I can open up a free spot to anyone on the wait list.

We officially have NO FREE SPOTS. However, all is not lost! Please let me know if you're interested and I will put you on a wait list for the 2017 season (or potentially as a 2016 replacement in case someone decides they want to be the 2016 AFK Chicken.)

In Loving Memory Of
uHIHQEt.png

2013-2015

Thanks for the graphics, content, and inspiration!

2015 GJL Thread
2014 GJL Thread
2013 GJL Thread

INFO / UPDATES/ NOTES / ETC

07DEC16

FINAL REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS

08SEP16

It's almost go time, fellas! Cappa has joined as a last minute replacement for rand0mzer0 in GJL3 and everything is officially set.

Here are the pre-season power rankings for each league according to FantasyPros. Mostly posting so we can laugh at this in a few months!

GJLP
  1. King Jameis 100.0%
  2. Straw Hat Pirates 98.8%
  3. Reigning Champion 96.5%
  4. Rabid Lobsters 94.3%
  5. OnlyGoodellForgives 94.2%
  6. CBB Team of ??? 91.3%
  7. DinosaurBoner 91.3%
  8. Putin Karate Chop 91.2%
  9. Blahoholics 90.4%
  10. Kelika Beasts 89.6%
  11. BT's Skullcrackers 89.5%
  12. Kap'N Crunch 87.6%

GJL2
  1. Shots Fired 100.0%
  2. kingocfs 94.2%
  3. Password is Taco 94.0%
  4. Cap's Kooky Quartet 94.0%
  5. Hawkz 93.9%
  6. PO'ed 93.1%
  7. Hamilton Chiefs 90.5%
  8. GJLP Bound 90.1%
  9. shinanigans 89.6%
  10. Team Name TBA 86.3%
  11. Rudakus's Team 81.9%
  12. Eli's Red Bucket 76.6%

GJL3
  1. Florida Fornicators 100.0%
  2. Bail Kings (JL3) 98.2%
  3. VJs Redemption Squad 96.4%
  4. TheRipsCostExtra 92.5%
  5. KingV's Kingfolk 92.2%
  6. Straight Cash Homie 92.2%
  7. Frustrated_Grunt 92.0%
  8. MariOta not MariotA 89.9%
  9. ArmagHEADdon 82.6%
  10. Best Friends 82.1%
  11. Golden Tate Warriors 78.6%
  12. Dr.Tracksuit 75.9%

05SEP16

Getting closer! Just a friendly reminder to all that the first game of the week is on Thursday, so pay attention to your starters!

Here's the draft results for all leagues, for the first page archive:

GJLP
GJL2
GJL3

GJLP is good to go (thanks youngplaya21 for working on the schedule!)

GJL2 divisions have been realigned and schedule has been finalized. All division teams will play each other twice and three random teams from the other division. Remember: division winners earn byes and a guaranteed spot in GJLP!

GJL3 divisions have been fixed. Schedule is still a work in progress, working on a couple other kinks as well.
04SEP16

And at long last, we're here.

THE DRAFT IS TONIGHT!

8PM EDT/5PM PDT

All leagues are set. Here's some pertinent info for each league:

GJLP

youngplaya21 is your commissioner.

GJL2

The Outsider (that's me!) is your commissioner.

GJL3

KingV is your commissioner.

I'm hoping everything will run without a hitch throughout the season, but if for some reason you need something that requires the commissioner tools, see above for who to ask for help! You're always welcome to PM me as well.

neogafjusticeleague@gmail.com is the best way to reach me if you happen to get banned during the season.
01SEP16

EVERY LEAGUE HAS BEEN FILLED! Thank you all for registering in a timely manner and not leaving things to the last minute. The draft is rapidly approaching, and here's a friendly reminder on how to prepare yourself...

YAHOO said:
The draft will last up to approximately 2 hours 15 mins.
Test your system to ensure the draft application will work correctly.
Update your player values up until 45 minutes before your draft.
Join a mock auction draft to practice your draft strategy.

YAHOO said:

29AUG16

I wanted to give everyone the weekend before I sent a second round of invitations, which I will do today sometime for those who have not registered yet.

Here's who we're waiting on:

GJLP
- kelik

I saw you just posted, waiting for team registration and name, then GJLP will be set.

GJL2
- GatorBait
- smokeymicpot

One of you registered, but hasn't changed the team name, so I can't tell who it is. Both have either posted here or responded to PMs, so they're definitely active this year.

GJL3
- thebigmanjosh
- KingV

Haven't heard from thebigmanjosh at all. We may need a replacement until I hear otherwise. KingV has posted in here and responded to PM, just waiting for team registration and name.

Frustrated_Grunt, vphys, and ironmang were all already in the GJL3 league, and have not changed their team names from last year. Please post with the highlight tag if you intend to do so. vphys and ironmang have both posted in here, but Frustrated_Grunt has not, so that may be another potential open spot until I hear otherwise.

We're in pretty good shape. Still looking for someone to take over as commissioner for GJLP and GJL3; I just need to give someone permissions for the duration of the season since I can't control it without my team in there. You shouldn't really need to do any work since all settings, schedules, etc. will be preset.
24AUG2016

League invites have been sent out for GJLP and GJL2. Once you join, please post your team name in the thread in the highlight tag [ highlight][ /highlight] so that we can keep track of that (and post again if it changes).

If you received an invite and don't intend to participate this year, please let me know either here or through PM so that I can free up a slot for anyone interested in joining.

Just a heads up, the GJL2 league from last year was autorenewed, but since DarkFlow was commissioner and is now banned, I've set up a brand new league that we will be using for the 2016 season. I would recommend removing your team from the old league to prevent any confusion.

We're officially using FAAB for the waiver wire across all three leagues, with $100 budget for the season.

GJL3 invites will be out soon!
23AUG2016

Draft will be on Sunday September 4th, at 8PM EDT/5PM PDT. The draft will be auction style. If you haven't participated in one before, I'd recommend trying a mock draft beforehand.

We will be using Yahoo for all three leagues.

League invites will be sent as soon as I have them ready.

I'm down for auction draft in Premier. I hope we switch over to FAAB this year for waiver wire though. Basically the same premise as the auction draft. You bid on the players you want from the waiver wire but blind(you make one bid instead of back and forth)...high man/woman wins. Bid $1 on a player...and no one else bids...you win that player for $1 out of your $100 budget. Bet $40 and someone else bids $26...well you're still paying $40 but at least you didn't bid $25 in which case you would have lost. More strategic and interactive.

I'm down for auction draft in Premier. I hope we switch over to FAAB this year for waiver wire though. Basically the same premise as the auction draft. You bid on the players you want from the waiver wire but blind(you make one bid instead of back and forth)...high man/woman wins. Bid $1 on a player...and no one else bids...you win that player for $1 out of your $100 budget. Bet $40 and someone else bids $26...well you're still paying $40 but at least you didn't bid $25 in which case you would have lost. More strategic and interactive.
Yeah I'd definitely vote for FAAB this year as well. And should everyone post in this thread to confirm participation?

Sounds good. I'm down to participate again. I'll suggest an 8PM EDT/5PM PDT draft time.

Likewise, I'm EDT and vote for anything past 8PM that day. I also vote for staying with yahoo and the auction format.

Yeah I'd definitely vote for FAAB this year as well. And should everyone post in this thread to confirm participation?

I'm good with the auction and FAAB (never done the latter before, will be interesting)

Seems like everyone is on board with auction and FAAB, so we're going with that for all leagues. Makes it interesting, and those actually pair well together too.

Draft time will be at 8PM EDT/5PM PDT.

I'm interested in joining.

Interested in a spot!

You're both in! Welcome to the GAF Justice League. Still looking for one more newbie at the moment.

Thanks for putting this back together

My pleasure!

Well, as some of you can tell, the GJLP invites have been sent out. We currently have 7 of 12 signed up, so that's progress.

I'm waiting to make sure GJLP gets filled before the GJL2 invites get sent out.

Also, as I mentioned in the PMs to the GJLP participants - I need someone to take over as commissioner from me. All the invites have been sent out, all the league settings are in place, I just need someone to take over so that I can remove my team from there (I'm in GJL3!)

Teptom

Sorry to say I can't participate this year. Just too much other stuff in my life I need to focus on right now.

Sorry to say I can't participate this year. Just too much other stuff in my life I need to focus on right now.

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us again, but thanks for participating last year and best of luck with all your endeavors!

Consequently, Mazre's 5th place finish from 2015 is now enough to earn a spot in GJLP and GK86 will take Mazre's spot in GJL2.

We now have one free spot remaining in GJL3!

Nice, thanks for putting in the work. In GJL2 as PO, but subject to change as I think up a clever fantasy team name. I am, however, using my avatar as my team logo, which I'd suggest other people doing as well. Felt a disconnect last year on which member owned which team when posting in the thread.

Anyways, Premier League here I come. GL.

If there is still a spot open, I'd love to join. I've been playing fantasy for a couple of years, but never on GAF.

Absolutely, we've got a free spot in GJL3 that I'll slot you in for. If anyone else lurking is interested, don't be afraid to chime in. I'll put you on a wait list, and do my best to get you in.

Invites have been sent out for GJL2. For anyone that participated there last year, I'd advise recommending removing your team from the league that autorenewed to prevent any confusion. I unfortunately have no way of gaining control of the original league, so I created a new one for this year.

Added all team names to OP.

lastflowers has decided to not participate this year, which left a vacant spot in GJL2. As it turned out, my 6th place finish in 2015 put me next in line (Future Foundation and GK86 already retained from their GJL2 9th/10th place finishes, Rudakus already promoted as the 5th place finisher in GJL3). So, long story short, I'll be in GJL2 this year, which means I'll be the commissioner for the league itself.

And that frees up a new spot in GJL3, which means...

Is there still a free spot?

You've just taken it! Invites for GJL3 will hopefully be out tonight.

GatorBait

Holy shit. I totally forgot I was in top 4. I felt like my team went on a downward spiral after like my 3rd starting RB was knocked out for the season. Consider me in (GJL2). I'll sign up my team over the weekend.

SleazyC

Putin Karate Chop returns to the Premiere League (to drop back down once again?)

Also am I the only player here outside of the US? It's painful getting up at 3/4AM to draft but I did it last year with a combination of gummy bears, cookies and Red Bull no problem.

VPhys

Does auto-drafting work with an auction style draft? I'm not sure I'll be able to make that draft time.

wbsmcs

Just joined the third division as Straight Cash Homie . Never done an auction before so I'm excited to get one under my belt.

If you have a wait-list, add me to that sucker!

Added you to GJL3 since we had a free spot there. Check your PM for the league invitation and further restrictions.

I'll have a list of who we're still waiting on to register soon. I'll do a second round of invitations after the weekend.

So looks like the list of people who haven't checked in yet are:

GJL Premier:
- Fletcher
- Mazre
- kelik
- cr_blah_blah

GJL2:
- LQX

GJL3:
- Frustrated_Grunt
- thebigmanjosh

Status