• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone can have my spot, I won't be able to make that draft time.

Sorry to see you go, hope you'll join again next year. Cappa, it's your lucky day. Invite incoming!
Add me to wait list that probably will never happen because it's too late ;)

Added! I don't think we'll have room this year, unfortunately, but you never know.

Postponing transferring the commish tools until tomorrow night, for several reasons. I'll PM youngplaya21 and KingV sometime tomorrow night so we can get that all sorted out.

So I was just reviewing the settings and

Doesn't giving points for receptions seem kinda crazy?
Like a guy could catch two passes for zero total yards and it's worth the same as if he'd caught a pass for 10 yards.

Hustler

Like a guy could catch two passes for zero total yards and it's worth the same as if he'd caught a pass for 10 yards.

Edit: reread your statement. And yes you're correct. You don't feel that receptions merit any points at all? If a QB makes 15/26 throws, that's only 7.5 pts dished out to all the receiving targets. Doesn't seem like a big game changer.

Edit2: and out of those 15 made throws, chances are your receiver only received half of those targets.... So maybe 4 pts for the whole game just in reception numbers.

Edit: reread your statement. And yes you're correct. You don't feel that receptions merit any points at all? If a QB makes 15/26 throws, that's only 7.5 pts dished out to all the receiving targets. Doesn't seem like a big game changer.

Yeah, maybe... I guess it just seemed sort of crazy at first impression because receptions isn't really a success indicator as much as yardage is.

Half PPR is pretty tame, compared to full point leagues. It's a passing dominated game now and adding .5 points per reception really adds value to possession receivers and third down backs, making production less TD-dependent. Gives you another consideration when judging players. I like it.

Compbros

It makes some players more valuable like a Danny Woodhead that's sure to get a lot of dump off passes but probably isn't draftable usually.

I think the basic idea behind PPR is to incentivize WRs in general. Fantasy is generally RB dominated, as they're much more prone to scoring TDs than any given WR typically is. This year is a little wonky in that the top draft picks have been unusually WR heavy, which I think is largely a response to basically every first round RB pick last year ending up as a bust of some sort, whether from injury or from just plain sucking.
Half PPR is pretty tame, compared to full point leagues. It's a passing dominated game now and adding .5 points per reception really adds value to possession receivers and third down backs, making production less TD-dependent. Gives you another consideration when judging players. I like it.

And this is a good point. Half point is a good compromise to add some more depth for WRs and to make some RBs much more viable Fantasy players (like Woodhead, as mentioned above.)

I see. Thanks for the explanation guys. My gut says .25 would be better but I'm not too bothered, just found it interesting. Excited to get things going!

KingV

I played in a punt return yards league one year. Now that shit was crazy. I had an inspiration early on that Randall Cobb returned punts for Green Bay, so I drafted him first round. He was putting up 30+ point per game every game until he got injured.

I played in a punt return yards league one year. Now that shit was crazy. I had an inspiration early on that Randall Cobb returned punts for Green Bay, so I drafted him first round. He was putting up 30+ point per game every game until he got injured.

Yep, I can vouch. Was in a league that had like 0.5 points per return yard, and no one even knew it. I was the first to find out when I sorted the free agency by fantasy points (in week 3), and someone like Hester was by far in first place. By week 5 everyone's flex spot was a kick returner

KingV

Yep, I can vouch. Was in a league that had like 0.5 points per return yard, and no one even knew it. I was the first to find out when I sorted the free agency by fantasy points (in week 3), and someone like Hester was by far in first place. By week 5 everyone's flex spot was a kick returner

The one thing kind of fun about kick return leagues is that the fantasy prediction sites don't usually have a way to score it, because it's not used much. So you kind of have to scour depth charts and figure it out on your own.

The one thing kind of fun about kick return leagues is that the fantasy prediction sites don't usually have a way to score it, because it's not used much. So you kind of have to scour depth charts and figure it out on your own.

brb making return yards worth a point each
but only for me

And at long last, we're here.

THE DRAFT IS TONIGHT!

8PM EDT/5PM PDT

All leagues are set. Here's some pertinent info for each league:

GJLP

youngplaya21 is your commissioner.

GJL2

The Outsider (that's me!) is your commissioner.

GJL3

KingV is your commissioner.

I'm hoping everything will run without a hitch throughout the season, but if for some reason you need something that requires the commissioner tools, see above for who to ask for help! You're always welcome to PM me as well.

neogafjusticeleague@gmail.com is the best way to reach me if you happen to get banned during the season.

Everyone be sure to review the rules and let us know if there are any that seem pretty funky! Once Week 1 rolls around they're set in stone, and we don't want a game determined by a mistake in the settings! The only ones of note in the settings that aren't the default Yahoo rules are:

- FAAB waiver wire
- 0.5 PPR
- (-1) for any missed field goal, no matter the distance
- Defenses are not affected by the number of yards the other team put up (just score)

Vyer

remember folks auction drafts can take a little longer so make sure you have your time set aside if (hopefully) you will be there.

Ferny

I just noticed the draft time is the same as my money league Im in and its going to be hard to do an auction and regular draft at the same exact time.

Anyone on the waitlist want my spot?

I just noticed the draft time is the same as my money league Im in and its going to be hard to do an auction and regular draft at the same exact time.

Anyone on the waitlist want my spot?

Well I'd switch in, sure, if I'm next in line

Right now, Cappa is next in line. KingV currently has the commish tools for GJL3, so I'll try to talk to both of them and see if we can get it sorted out.

Everyone be sure to review the rules and let us know if there are any that seem pretty funky! Once Week 1 rolls around they're set in stone, and we don't want a game determined by a mistake in the settings! The only ones of note in the settings that aren't the default Yahoo rules are:

- FAAB waiver wire
- 0.5 PPR
- (-1) for any missed field goal, no matter the distance
- Defenses are not affected by the number of yards the other team put up (just score)

Is there a -1 for missed PATs as well? I remember thinking it was odd last year missed field goals were penalized but not PATs. I'm for -1s for all missed kicks.

Is there a -1 for missed PATs as well? I remember thinking it was odd last year missed field goals were penalized but not PATs. I'm for -1s for all missed kicks.
I copied the settings from last year exactly, so I don't believe it's set for -1 for missed PATs at the moment.

Yeah that makes sense to me. If no one objects, then I'm all for changing it!

And we may have to give the spot to moogle. He's ready to go right now, which is essential since the draft is in 3.5 hours

NP. I'll be on standby. I know the draft lock time is not too far away...

Yeah that makes sense to me. If no one objects, then I'm all for changing it!

And we may have to give the spot to moogle. He's ready to go right now, which is essential since the draft is in 3.5 hours

Yeah, I'm done waiting. Let's get everything set now instead of waiting to the last minute. Invite incoming, Crazymoogle.

Go ahead and add -1 for missed PATs, I'll do the same in GJL2. I'll request KingV take care of it for GJL3 as well.

In retrospect, should have held onto commish tools until today. Lesson learned.

Yeah, I'm done waiting. Let's get everything set now instead of waiting to the last minute. Invite incoming, Crazymoogle.

Go ahead and add -1 for missed PATs, I'll do the same in GJL2. I'll request KingV take care of it for GJL3 as well.

Can't accept, says the league is too full?

"There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning."

Will accept as soon as that's cleared up

Done

"There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning."

Guess we're waiting for either Ferny to delete his team or KingV to boot him if that's possible

Done

Guess we're waiting for either Ferny to delete his team or KingV to boot him if that's possible

Exactly what needs to happen right now. I'm locked out of the commish tools right now for GJL3, which I'm now realizing was a big mistake.

Added -1 for missed PATs to GJL2.

Commish can do that for sure, or maybe the team structure was locked (it does say 12 of 13)?

No, shouldn't be locked. I transferred the commish tools to KingV this morning, so I can't do anything about it myself. I don't know why it won't let you join as the 13th team, since I deleted my team permanently from the league.

Just need KingV to work it out right now. Hopefully he'll be online soon.

Exactly what needs to happen right now. I'm locked out of the commish tools right now for GJL3, which I'm now realizing was a big mistake.

Added -1 for missed PATs to GJL2.

No, shouldn't be locked. I transferred the commish tools to KingV this morning, so I can't do anything about it myself. I don't know why it won't let you join as the 13th team, since I deleted my team permanently from the league.

Just need KingV to work it out right now. Hopefully he'll be online soon.

I'm sure he'll be on soon. The draft is in two hours, so we at least know we can tell him then. Or we can get ahold of Ferny and have him delete his team asap, which would probably be easier

Cappa

Banned
Getting this error

There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. If you were invited to take over an existing team, please click the link in the email you received to join the league. To create a brand new team, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom