• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

Didn't you win it last year too? I remember you always having an insanely good team, even when you did the zero RB strategy two years ago

Yeah, pretty sure Yahoo gave me best draft last year too. My team will always contend early and choke during fantasy playoff weeks. =[

THIS YEAR, JAMEIS WILL BE A TOP 5 QB JUST BECAUSE I ENDED UP WITH HIM!

Yeah, pretty sure Yahoo gave me best draft last year too. My team will always contend early and choke during fantasy playoff weeks. =[

THIS YEAR, JAMEIS WILL BE A TOP 5 QB JUST BECAUSE I ENDED UP WITH HIM!
I need that QB. It's weird having a team named after a player I don't even have lol

Getting closer! Just a friendly reminder to all that the first game of the week is on Thursday, so pay attention to your starters!

Here's the draft results for all leagues, for the first page archive:

GJLP
GJL2
GJL3

GJLP is good to go (thanks youngplaya21 for working on the schedule!)

GJL2 divisions have been realigned and schedule has been finalized. All division teams will play each other twice and three random teams from the other division. Remember: division winners earn byes and a guaranteed spot in GJLP!

GJL3 divisions have been fixed. Schedule is still a work in progress, working on a couple other kinks as well.

Michael's team is my first victim. Excellent.

Speaking of which, still waiting on that name change, smokeymicpot.

Also, just a heads up, there are links to each league in the OP next to the league rosters. All leagues are publicly viewable so you can check out how everyone is doing!

kingocfs

Wasn't very happy with my draft, but then again I wasn't happy with last year's either. Going to make the waiver wire my bitch this year.

Wonder when Yahoo will put out the Draft scores? My other league had them out pretty much immediately, so it's weird that it's taking this long

Yeah, the auction aspect might be messing with it.

I don't think Yahoo does draft scores for auction leagues. Only a "winner."

Thought so. For what it's worth, you can import a league into FantasyPros and it ranks the teams according to how well they drafted.

But I don't know how accurate that is; I'm pretty sure GatorBait's team was 8th there when Yahoo said he had the best draft.

Thought so. For what it's worth, you can import a league into FantasyPros and it ranks the teams according to how well they drafted.

But I don't know how accurate that is; I'm pretty sure GatorBait's team was 8th there when Yahoo said he had the best draft.

I'd trust that over Yahoo's. I also use footballguys Rate my Team feature

Edit: looks like FantasyPros likes my team, Jayhawk's team and ErasureAcer's team the most, and that's with Jayhawk's score being dragged down by them thinking Stafford is only the 11th best QB (any my score likely inflated by having Brees).. Jay's gonna feast again, and Erasure isn't gonna be easy at all to dethrone...

Rnk Team Score
1 King Jameis 100.0%
2 Straw Hat Pirates 98.8%
3 Reigning Champion 96.5%
4 Rabid Lobsters 94.3%
5 OnlyGoodellForgives 94.2%
6 CBB Team of ??? 91.3%
7 DinosaurBoner 91.3%
8 Putin Karate Chop 91.2%
9 Blahoholics 90.4%
10 Kelika Beasts 89.6%
11 BT's Skullcrackers 89.5%
12 Kap'N Crunch 87.6%

Jayhawk

Thank you, The Outsider, for taking up the mantle this season as commissioner and getting the drafts, rules, and scheduling sorted out in time for week one. Kudos for dealing with all the people going in/out of leagues.

With regards to my QBs of Stafford and Jameis, Stafford started to pick up his play last year after Jim Bob Cooter became their OC. Newton and Luck were fantasy dominant in their 2nd year, so Winston might also follow that trend. I hope I pick correctly between the two for most weeks.

Thank you, The Outsider, for taking up the mantle this season as commissioner and getting the drafts, rules, and scheduling sorted out in time for week one. Kudos for dealing with all the people going in/out of leagues.

With regards to my QBs of Stafford and Jameis, Stafford started to pick up his play last year after Jim Bob Cooter became their OC. Newton and Luck were fantasy dominant in their 2nd year, so Winston might also follow that trend. I hope I pick correctly between the two for most weeks.
Yeah there's no way Stafford doesn't finish inside the top 10. That's why I was surprised that FantasyPros had him at #11, and Jameis is definitely on the rise as well

Hustler

GJL2

Power Rankings
1. Shots Fired 100.0%
2. kingocfs 94.2%
3 Password is Taco 94.0%
4 Cap's Kooky Quartet 94.0%
5 Hawkz 93.9%
6 PO'ed 93.1%
7 Hamilton Chiefs 90.5%
8 GJLP Bound 90.1%
9 Shinanigans 89.6%
10 Team Name TBA 86.3%
11 Rudakus's Team 81.9%
12 Eli's Red Bucket 76.6%

Most teams are fairly comparable.

I'd trust that over Yahoo's. I also use footballguys Rate my Team feature

Edit: looks like FantasyPros likes my team, Jayhawk's team and ErasureAcer's team the most, and that's with Jayhawk's score being dragged down by them thinking Stafford is only the 11th best QB (any my score likely inflated by having Brees).. Jay's gonna feast again, and Erasure isn't gonna be easy at all to dethrone...

Rnk Team Score
1 King Jameis 100.0%
2 Straw Hat Pirates 98.8%
3 Reigning Champion 96.5%
4 Rabid Lobsters 94.3%
5 OnlyGoodellForgives 94.2%
6 CBB Team of ??? 91.3%
7 DinosaurBoner 91.3%
8 Putin Karate Chop 91.2%
9 Blahoholics 90.4%
10 Kelika Beasts 89.6%
11 BT's Skullcrackers 89.5%
12 Kap'N Crunch 87.6%

Thanks for figuring this out. I have a lot of the same team that won the Championship last year with a couple upgrades(I think) at RB and even my QB situation should be better with Wilson.

Compbros

GJL3

1. Florida Fornicators 100.0%
2. Bail Kings (JL3) 98.2%
3. VJs Redemption Squad 96.4%
4. TheRipsCostExtra 92.5%
5. KingV's Kingfolk 92.2%
6. Straight Cash Homie 92.2%
7. Frustrated_Grunt 92.0%
8. MariOta not MariotA 89.9%
9. ArmagHEADdon 82.6%
10. Best Friends 82.1%
11. Golden Tate Warriors 78.6%
12. Dr.Tracksuit 75.9%

GJL3
9. ArmagHEADdon 82.6%
10. Best Friends 82.1%
12. Dr.Tracksuit 75.9%

Damn who cost me 1.8%?

Seriously though, don't really pay attention to draft raters. :) Can't wait to see how my team actually proves out!

GJL3

9. ArmagHEADdon 82.6%
10. Best Friends 82.1%
12. Dr.Tracksuit 75.9%

These are mostly based on last season's results + preseason rankings which are pretty useless. It's a toss up at this point.

These are mostly based on last season's results + preseason rankings which are pretty useless. It's a toss up at this point.
Yeah, but it's nice to see what your current strengths and weaknesses are (i suggest everyone import their team to see), so you have an idea on what to keep an eye out on on the wire and can offer up in trades

It likely won't mean much after a few weeks, but it's not hurting anyone

Hustler

What am I 100% exactly for?

100% likely to win the title?

*flexes*

There's a 100% chance half your starters will have season ending injuries by Week 3 and you will start begging for trades such as: "I'll trade you Dak Prescott for Russell Wilson, I'm losing on this trade because of his potential upside."

KingV

Yeah, but it's nice to see what your current strengths and weaknesses are (i suggest everyone import their team to see), so you have an idea on what to keep an eye out on on the wire and can offer up in trades

It likely won't mean much after a few weeks, but it's not hurting anyone

I found the Football Guys team rating to be pretty good. It largely matched what I think about my team (I.e. I have great depth at RB but middling at WR).

Part of this is I won one or two guys I didn't really want by trying to bid them up (Demarco Murray, Im looking at you).

Well see how it goes. Historically RB depth has been good for fantasy, but the last two years or so, WR has started to seem like the more important position, where we've had mega (fantasy) stars emerge there, and many RBBC.

I found the Football Guys team rating to be pretty good. It largely matched what I think about my team (I.e. I have great depth at RB but middling at WR).

Part of this is I won one or two guys I didn't really want by trying to bid them up (Demarco Murray, Im looking at you).

Well see how it goes. Historically RB depth has been good for fantasy, but the last two years or so, WR has started to seem like the more important position, where we've had mega (fantasy) stars emerge there, and many RBBC.

Yeah I've been using their Rate my Team feature for years now and it's definitely awesome. And I learned my lesson on not to run up the value last year, so I feel your pain. Still kinda fell for it this year with Demaryius, but I can live with that

And I don't think I'll ever be able to accept the shift to WR's...

I'm just playing the best players regardless of matchup. It's week one and thus impossible to know what each teams game plan will be with the players. Gotta get a feel before I can start making tough calls.

Hustler

Man, tough decision... play an awesome receiver in a bad matchup, or a mediocre receiver in a great matchup?

I have quite the dilemma with Rawls this week being 2nd on the depth chart.... Play him anyway and hope he impresses to get more reps as the night goes on or sit him for now?

I have quite the dilemma with Rawls this week being 2nd on the depth chart.... Play him anyway and hope he impresses to get more reps as the night goes on or sit him for now?
Rawls? I didn't even know people were considering starting him. Thought it was said that he's still hurt and won't play much, if at all

Hustler

Rawls? I didn't even know people were considering starting him. Thought it was said that he's still hurt and won't play much, if at all

Pete Caroll has said he's the guy to start week 1 for the last few weeks and that he's made a full recovery. Although he's healed up and been going full speed in practice, they still want to be on the side of caution with him.

Pete Caroll has said he's the guy to start week 1 for the last few weeks and that he's made a full recovery. Although he's healed up and been going full speed in practice, they still want to be on the side of caution with him.
Yeah that's what I mean, they're supposedly gonna be REAL cautious. 15 snaps in the first game type of cautious. Treating it like a preseason game for him (aka a few drives) cautious. You gotta have a better option on your bench then a guy who at best sounds like he will play a quarter

KingV

Always start your studs!

Yup, at the end of the day Antonio Brown is still Antonio Brown and Markus Wheaton is still Markus Wheaton.

IMO what's more important (and less predictable) than matchup is game flow. If a team is up by 30 at the half you could be looking at a quarter plus of conservative football by the backup RB, even though the other team has a shit secondary.

Conversely a team that's getting roasted will produce garbage time fantasy super stars.

Moral of the story: don't get cute, just start your best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom