• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely agree it's an odd way of doing things, and the only reason it works is because all owners were on board with it. 9/10 times the original offer stands because as you said, the other owners offer lesser deals hoping to get in on a trade they didn't have to work for. The thing I like about it isn't that people have no right to complain about a bad trade after.

The thing I hated the most about one league I was in was the league getting together to veto deals which they believed improved one team too much even though the offer was fair. Like a guy trading RB depth to upgrade his lack of TE and the league flat out not wanting him to have a TE so they say it's a lopsided deal.

Yeah that's total bullshit

I definitely agree it's an odd way of doing things, and the only reason it works is because all owners were on board with it. 9/10 times the original offer stands because as you said, the other owners offer lesser deals hoping to get in on a trade they didn't have to work for. The thing I like about it isn't that people have no right to complain about a bad trade after.

The thing I hated the most about one league I was in was the league getting together to veto deals which they believed improved one team too much even though the offer was fair. Like a guy trading RB depth to upgrade his lack of TE and the league flat out not wanting him to have a TE so they say it's a lopsided deal.
That's why I hate league voting sometimes. To me, a league should only vote against a trade when it's bad enough for people to question if collusion is in place, but a lot of teams get personal with it. If someone think a good team in any way or really a team besides them is getting a good deal, they use the veto button to shut the trade down simply out of spite

CBB, let us know if you're still playing! So far it looks like you may have the first AFK of the year because you kept Riddick in your lineup (he was ruled out Friday). It's possible that you simply didn't want to drop anyone to replace him since you don't have any RB's playing last week on your bench, but just want confirmation

ccbfan

CBB, let us know if you're still playing! So far it looks like you may have the first AFK of the year because you kept Riddick in your lineup (he was ruled out Friday). It's possible that you simply didn't want to drop anyone to replace him since you don't have any RB's playing last week on your bench, but just want confirmation

Still playing was on a business trip all last week and then my daughter got sick on Saturday.

Bam Sunday come and I notice I have a goose egg at my rb spot.

Doing terrible so far but been getting major good luck since so are some of my opponents. Martin coming back and hopefully finding a decent qb will help.

Still playing was on a business trip all last week and then my daughter got sick on Saturday.

Bam Sunday come and I notice I have a goose egg at my rb spot.

Doing terrible so far but been getting major good luck since so are some of my opponents. Martin coming back and hopefully finding a decent qb will help.
It's all good man! Figured you were playing since you subbed McKinnon out to begin with, but just had to check

I swear I love/hate FAAB. TEs have been going for an average of between $8-$10. I put in one for Gates' replacement, and get outbid by $20 fucking dollars.

I swear I love/hate FAAB. TEs have been going for an average of between $8-$10. I put in one for Gates' replacement, and get outbid by $20 fucking dollars.

That's the beauty of bidding - how badly do you want someone? I won on Henry as well this week with a $26 bid. To me, that's a huge amount of FAAB but it's possible - I'll never know - that maybe I outbid everyone by twenty bucks.

I think the reason why Henry is going for so much is the evidence:
- 4 weeks of solid production
- Led the Chargers in receiving last week!
- Multiple weeks of proving it while Gates is in the lineup
- Gates just admitted he's still playing hurt
- The complete wasteland of quality TEs. Gronk, Olsen (but he's on bye), Reed (but he's concussed), and Bennett. That's it! The #4 TE in fantasy right now is Zach Miller, and that guy has only one double-digit performance through 6 weeks!

Henry has all the signs of being this year's Barnidge and that's worth a lot to teams staring down an average of 30 yards and no score per week from the slot.

Edit: Point #6? Henry is already TE #3.

Holy crap, Eifert may actually play this week! Here's to hoping he gets back to averaging a TD a game like last year: it's obvious the Bengals are missing his presence in the end zone this year

That's the beauty of bidding - how badly do you want someone? I won on Henry as well this week with a $26 bid. To me, that's a huge amount of FAAB but it's possible - I'll never know - that maybe I outbid everyone by twenty bucks.

You could find out in the league transactions page; it'll show other people's bids if there were any. Like how I found out I spent $24 on Sammie Coates when no else else even bothered to bid.

You could find out in the league transactions page; it'll show other people's bids if there were any. Like how I found out I spent $24 on Sammie Coates when no else else even bothered to bid.

I've seen some leagues where that's not available, but you're right. In theory I could have saved money. But if it works out, it's worth it, and it's hard to believe there are other shots at TE to make this season.

Compbros

3 of my next 4 opponents (after this week) are RAVAGED by bye weeks. 2 in particular will have 3-4 of their typical starters.

Injuries are really piling up this week, aren't they. Lacy, Martin, McCoy, Hyde.... There has to be more 2nd string players being started this week then freaking starters

I'm sorry for my opponent who started Hoyer.

He's legit killing me in my money league. Meredith isn't getting the love I'd like.

Ugh!

Cobb has finally been living up to my expectations, and can no longer be considered garbage! Idk what happened over their bye to get him more work, but it definitely worked

Compbros

Nelson owners have to be in panic mode. He's most effective on deep balls and the Packers are like pure dump off passes at this point.

KingV

Both in this and my money league, I need CJ to have a shit game tomorrow night. Aaron and the Pats RBs continue to bail me out.

It really shouldn't even be an issue... But I didn't notice my kicker was out until this morning (swear he was all good last night).

My team in my money league looks a lot like your team so rooting for players was interesting today.

Jayhawk

Jones might have gotten himself benched if yesterday is any indication. Chris Thompson might be taking over that starting RB position soon.

That's what they want you to think! Based on his recent patterns, he's gonna get 17 fantasy points next week and then 4 the week after.

Hustler

I just need CJ Feidirowicz to have a terrible game and I can break this .500 record.

And I can't believe how terrible the Seahawks Cardinals game was last night. I'm a Hawks fan and I'm really embarrassed how bad our OL is.

KingV

Anyone in JL3 want Forte, CJA, or even Murray? I'm dying for a trade, but the issue is you don't have anybody sitting on your bench that probably has enough value (except for maybe forte). Look at My players, do you have someone on your roster that has a appreciably higher points on the season from the dudes I'm actually starting? Yes? Then let's make it happen.

I've got a lot of offers I've turned down, but it's because none of those trades make my team any better. I don't want to trade for some dudes I'm just going to sit on my bench. It's gotta have somebody that I would start every week over players I already have on the roster.

Man that's embarrassing: everyone except for CBB lost this week in the Off-Topic division...

That dude is on a roll. 4 games in a row from 0-3. I couldn't complete the sweep even if I had played Jennings instead of doofus Packer I played. It's those orange helmets...both my losses are to the orange helmets.

And it appears despite the loss I'll still be in first place as I own the h2h with Kap'N. Doubt Yahoo will recognize our rules tho...so it might show me in 3rd. But it might go by division record in which I still hold the lead there.

That dude is on a roll. 4 games in a row from 0-3. I couldn't complete the sweep even if I had played Jennings instead of doofus Packer I played. It's those orange helmets...both my losses are to the orange helmets.

And it appears despite the loss I'll still be in first place as I own the h2h with Kap'N. Doubt Yahoo will recognize our rules tho...so it might show me in 3rd. But it might go by division record in which I still hold the lead there.
Hmm, didn't even think about the regular season division tie breaker. Thought it was just Points For for everything. And holy crap these last few weeks were rough. 1-3 in these last few weeks. Those trades didn't work out as well as I hoped, although I do get the peace of mind with the Ware/Charles thing. It isn't looking like A Rod is gonna pan out, though... can only imagine my record if I kept DT/McCoy

Edit: and not getting worried about fantasy this week! I'm going to the Cowboys and Eagles game at Jerry-world!

ccbfan

Just getting lucky. My team is pretty trash. Got lucky with my opponents scoring way less than suppose to.

I thought AJ Green, Hopkins, Jeffrey was gonna be my bread and butter but only one of them have performed so far. Crappy QBs have killed the other two's season.

Really got lucky with Blount though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom