• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice move trying to hold onto Vinatieri but I can see why you were spooked. Had my hopes up too until that last TD went to Baldwin instead of Graham or Prosise. My big mistake was dropping Mariota last week for Kaep as a hail mary move, which allowed you to picked up a solid QB for Carr's bye week. Now he's looking like a great backup down the stretch. Seems you've got a tight hold on first place in the division, and probably the league overall.

Oh man, I didn't even realize you were the one who dropped him last week. I was surprised to see him on the wire, and changed my FAAB bids a couple times on him. Definitely ending up being worth it, don't see any other QB still on the wire that put as many points up. Graham having a pretty quiet week was another break that fell my way.

Should stay in 1st place and own a 2 game lead over anyone in the division. Looking good going forward, but you never know. Fantasy football can be weird.

Wow, Alshon Jeffery was suspended for 4 games... That's gotta be icing on the shit sandwich for owners that have him.

Luckily I play Alshon owners in both of my leagues in 2-3 weeks though

Wow, 5 of the top 6 teams won this week in the Premier league, and the only team that's out of the playoffs that's getting closer was 11th before. Doesn't look like the standings are changing much as we get to the final 3 regular season games

Wow, 5 of the top 6 teams won this week in the Premier league, and the only team that's out of the playoffs that's getting closer was 11th before. Doesn't look like the standings are changing much as we get to the final 3 regular season games

Thanks 4 other teams for keeping me in the playoff chase. Slipped from 5th to 6th.

Vyer

7zQjgKP.jpg

wrTRNj0.jpg

These kill me a little bit each week. fantasy football is evil

Can't believe the Seahawks dropped Michael... What a crazy few days fantasy wise, and it couldn't have come at a worst time either with the trade deadline now past.

Jayhawk

Straw Hat Pirates would be 56-54 if they played every team every week.
Looks like teams bring their A game when they see them on the schedule. Of the losses Straw Hat Pirates has had, five were against opponents who topped their season scoring average that week.
It was a tough loss for Straw Hat Pirates, which put up the second-biggest score for a losing team in the league this season.

RIP my last place team

wbsmcs

I can't believe how lucky I got with my draft. I'm not boasting here, but just showing how much of a crap shoot this game is.

I thought I over spent for Julio ($69) because he went for $1 less than Brown, but Julio has been the #1 receiver. Then I thought I overspent for Mike Evans and Hilton, but Evans ends up being the #2, and Hilton gets vaulted into the top 10 because Moncreif got hurt.

Because I spent around 65% of my budget on WRs, I had nothing left for RBs. Ended spending a combined I think $17 on Gore, Crowell, Ware, Coleman who are all top 20 RBs.

Somehow got Delanie Walker for $7 and he's the #2 TE.

Didn't spend anything for QBs and been streaming every week and been hitting on those. Heck, last week I played Seimian who had a respectable game.

I'm probably the only one in the league who didn't experience any injury problems, and had players who benefited from them (Ware, Hilton, Evans)

This has been probably my best fantasy football team and it's all because everything that had to go right, went right
I wish this was my big money league :(

But the fantasy gods will come and get me. Week 14 injuries to Julio, Evans, and Hilton before my week 15 playoff game is going to happen hahaha

Well, spent $2 to do it, but I got Vinatieri back on my team!

Will post updated standings tomorrow sometime. Getting down to the wire, I'm very curious to see how the playoff race is shaking out for all of our leagues.

Well, spent $2 to do it, but I got Vinatieri back on my team!

Will post updated standings tomorrow sometime. Getting down to the wire, I'm very curious to see how the playoff race is shaking out for all of our leagues.
Same here! Felt weird not having him on my team, so I definitely splurged a bit to get him back. And thanks for posting the updates: I definitely appreciate the updates

KingV

I can't believe how lucky I got with my draft. I'm not boasting here, but just showing how much of a crap shoot this game is.

I thought I over spent for Julio ($69) because he went for $1 less than Brown, but Julio has been the #1 receiver. Then I thought I overspent for Mike Evans and Hilton, but Evans ends up being the #2, and Hilton gets vaulted into the top 10 because Moncreif got hurt.

Because I spent around 65% of my budget on WRs, I had nothing left for RBs. Ended spending a combined I think $17 on Gore, Crowell, Ware, Coleman who are all top 20 RBs.

Somehow got Delanie Walker for $7 and he's the #2 TE.

Didn't spend anything for QBs and been streaming every week and been hitting on those. Heck, last week I played Seimian who had a respectable game.

I'm probably the only one in the league who didn't experience any injury problems, and had players who benefited from them (Ware, Hilton, Evans)

This has been probably my best fantasy football team and it's all because everything that had to go right, went right
I wish this was my big money league :(

But the fantasy gods will come and get me. Week 14 injuries to Julio, Evans, and Hilton before my week 15 playoff game is going to happen hahaha

I have had a lucky year too. My team is good, not great and I have an 8-1 record. I've just hit the high point totals when I needed them, and had the other teams collapse when I collapsed.

Wish I had the same luck in my big money league, where I have a losing record with a legitimately really good team.

KingV

Someone took Vinateri from me after his bye week (didn't have the space to store him) and spent $9 to do so. I hope Prater comes through the rest of the way.

That was me actually, I think.

I probably definitely overpaid

Edit: actually it wasn't, I do know I spent more than $1 on a kicker though

If my RBs can get 30 points combined that'd be amazing and I'll have a shot despite underperforming Thursday. For once...let my RBs do something Fantasy Gods.

If my RBs can get 30 points combined that'd be amazing and I'll have a shot despite underperforming Thursday. For once...let my RBs do something Fantasy Gods.
Out of Jennings and Asiata??? So they both need to have the best game of their seasons? Think you're expecting a bit much out of some RB3's in bad matchups

They did it. Oh my god they did it.

Jennings 21.4
Asiata 9.2
-------------------
Total 30.6

.6 points to spare. Yeah.

Looks like I'll be 8-3, barring a negative game from Kelley. Looks like Rawls shoukd suffice as my RB4 in the future!

Edit: and Prosise looks to be out for weeks now, so all the better. Too bad the trade deadline already passed: I'm sure plenty of teams could use a RB like Hightower/Rawls/Kelley

Jayhawk

Looks like I'll be 8-3, barring a negative game from Kelley. Looks like Rawls shoukd suffice as my RB4 in the future!

Edit: and Prosise looks to be out for weeks now, so all the better. Too bad the trade deadline already passed: I'm sure plenty of teams could use a RB like Hightower/Rawls/Kelley

Fantasy football - a game that allows people to be delighted by another human's long-term injury

Fantasy football - a game that allows people to be delighted by another human's long-term injury
I'm definitely sorry if that's what it sounds like. Of course I'm not delighted at someone being hurt while playing football... Clearly fantasy is not that serious

Looks like I'll be in 5th place according to Yahoo...but I currently own the tie breaker over Kap'N...so technically I'm in 4th although I'm only down a few points as well.

A lot of teams(all 4 at the bottom) got their playoff hopes dashed this week and are fighting to not finish in the bottom 4. Still 8 teams or so battling it out for 6 spots. Will be interesting to see who makes it out of Rabid, Blaho, BT's...or maybe more than one (doubt all 3 since the schedule doesn't look like that is possible).

BT is up 2-0 on Rabid but lost to Blaho, so 2-1. Blaho and BT play the final week.
Blaho is 2-0 in that trifecta...having to play both his competitors the final 2 weeks.
Rabid is 0-3 and if there's any sorta 3 way tie between only those 3(if that's how it goes in a 3 way tie and not points)...then they'll certainly be out.

Good news for Rabid is he's up a game in the standings. 6-5 while the other two are 5-6. Bad news for Rabid is... besides Blaho he also has to face Jameis in the final week who continues to put up more than 105 points in all but one week and has eclipsed 119 in over half the games(6 out of 11).

Rabid is also on the bottom of the point totals.

Kap'N and I are both 6-5 and face each other the last week. So it's imperative we both win this week to just about secure a playoff spot...if we both lose...the playoffs may very well start the last week of the season with our h2h being a win and you're in scenario. Kelika looks to be in even if they lose their last 2 games with their high point total and other good tiebreakers.

Jameis has the bye on lockdown. Having already beat Rabid(the only one who could catch him by record) h2h plus a dominating point total should they finish tied. However in that scenario Rabid would have the better division record(7-3 to 6-4)....so maybe Rabid would get top billing like divisions in the NFL when there's a tie?

Putin lost to Kelika and they play the final week. So unless Putin wins this week and Kelika loses then in all other scenarios they'll be playing for the bye the final week of the season.

Looks like I'll be in 5th place according to Yahoo...but I currently own the tie breaker over Kap'N...so technically I'm in 4th although I'm only down a few points as well.

A lot of teams(all 4 at the bottom) got their playoff hopes dashed this week and are fighting to not finish in the bottom 4. Still 8 teams or so battling it out for 6 spots. Will be interesting to see who makes it out of Rabid, Blaho, BT's...or maybe more than one (doubt all 3 since the schedule doesn't look like that is possible).

BT is up 2-0 on Rabid but lost to Blaho, so 2-1. Blaho and BT play the final week.
Blaho is 2-0 in that trifecta...having to play both his competitors the final 2 weeks.
Rabid is 0-3 and if there's any sorta 3 way tie between only those 3(if that's how it goes in a 3 way tie and not points)...then they'll certainly be out.

Good news for Rabid is he's up a game in the standings. 6-5 while the other two are 5-6. Bad news for Rabid is... besides Blaho he also has to face Jameis in the final week who continues to put up more than 105 points in all but one week and has eclipsed 119 in over half the games(6 out of 11).

Rabid is also on the bottom of the point totals.

Kap'N and I are both 6-5 and face each other the last week. So it's imperative we both win this week to just about secure a playoff spot...if we both lose...the playoffs may very well start the last week of the season with our h2h being a win and you're in scenario. Kelika looks to be in even if they lose their last 2 games with their high point total and other good tiebreakers.

Jameis has the bye on lockdown. Having already beat Rabid(the only one who could catch him by record) h2h plus a dominating point total should they finish tied. However in that scenario Rabid would have the better division record(7-3 to 6-4)....so maybe Rabid would get top billing like divisions in the NFL when there's a tie?

Putin lost to Kelika and they play the final week. So unless Putin wins this week and Kelika loses then in all other scenarios they'll be playing for the bye the final week of the season.
Damn, nice summary Erasure... Hell I didn't even know those facts about my own team. And looks like Rabid is gonna have to win out and me lose out if he wants a chance at that bye week. Division leader tiebreaker is regular record first and division record second. After that the Points For should be the second tiebreaker

Heads up: this is how the playoff spots will be determined. Divisional leads will get the bye week for Week 14, and the wildcards should fill the remaining 4 spots

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6447.html

Essentially Division record > Points For > Points in last matchup for Divisional Lead and Points For > Points in last matchup for the remaining Wildcard spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom