• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should have updated the first post months ago. SMH.

Sorry, that's on me. Just copied most of the content from last year's thread, didn't think to check Yahoo's rules for tiebreakers.

And as I quoted before, unfortunately, changing the tiebreaker rules isn't part of the commissioner toolkit.

I realize it's too little, too late, but I did update the OP to accurately reflect the current tiebreaker model.

Don't think it's that bad. It still defaults to winning percentage to determine seeding. In case of ties, H2H records don't mean a whole lot as it's a luck of the draw who you face in any given week. As it stands, the tiebreaker gives priority to the most cumulative points scored, which is the point of fantasy anyways. Doubt the second tiebreaker (most points in most recent week) would even come up.

Don't think it's that bad. It still defaults to winning percentage to determine seeding. In case of ties, H2H records don't mean a whole lot as it's a luck of the draw who you face in any given week. As it stands, the tiebreaker gives priority to the most cumulative points scored, which is the point of fantasy anyways. Doubt the second tiebreaker (most points in most recent week) would even come up.
Yeah it's definitely fairer to me. Takes the whole season into account and not just some random week. I'm sure it's easier to calculate on the back end as well

Looks like Blaho vs BT will be a playoff game early in week 13. Lobsters could still sneak in with a win over Jameis week 13(cuz it looks like Rabid is going to lose this week) and hoping either me or Kap'N lose this week as we play each other and one of us will lose next week. Rabid's point total is horrible compared to the rest of us.

Holy shit, Cousins and Reed are going off. What an awful start to the week.

Good news is I can probably absorb a loss if it comes to that. Really would like to clinch the division for the bye week though.

Looks like Blaho vs BT will be a playoff game early in week 13. Lobsters could still sneak in with a win over Jameis week 13(cuz it looks like Rabid is going to lose this week) and hoping either me or Kap'N lose this week as we play each other and one of us will lose next week. Rabid's point total is horrible compared to the rest of us.
Wow, didn't even notice Blaho's score this week. Sucks for Rabid to be going against Elliott and Reed this week...

Wow, didn't even notice Blaho's score this week. Sucks for Rabid to be going against Elliott and Reed this week...

Controlling my destiny after such a disjointed year is the best I can ask for. Thank god Reed somehow managed to come back with a dislocated shoulder to put up 2 TDs. Slipped up benching Moncrief but didn't trust that QB situation and Moncrief showing up as questionable out of nowhere mid-week. Should work out okay though.

Compbros

I have to win this game or the next one to secure a playoff spot and, of course, next week I play Florida.

Edit: Actually, I need a bit more to happen to get my playoff spot. We'll see how it goes.

Thank goodness I did not trade Brees this season... This Brees/Thomas combo is gonna carry me to the promise land. Watkins is looking good too, so I can bench AR15 as well...

Also looks like next week in each league it will be 1vs2, 3vs4, 5vs6.

OGF still might make it. BT's chances are looking worse as are mine and Kap'N. Blaho could lose next week and still make it in on points. Everyone on the bubble is hoping Jameis beats Lobsters who continues to unimpress with the point total...Lobsters needs a win or he's out.

Kelika and Putin will still be playing for the bye as they're both going to win.

Also looks like next week in each league it will be 1vs2, 3vs4, 5vs6.

OGF still might make it. BT's chances are looking worse as are mine and Kap'N. Blaho could lose next week and still make it in on points. Everyone on the bubble is hoping Jameis beats Lobsters who continues to unimpress with the point total...Lobsters needs a win or he's out.

Kelika and Putin will still be playing for the bye as they're both going to win.

There's going to possibly be five 6-6 teams next week vying for the final 3 playoff spots. Two 6-6 matchups. Should be interesting.

Man, this league is getting a bit insane... Can't believe there are still 6 teams that still have a chance to fight for 3 spots. In my other league, the 6 going to the playoffs have been decided a week ago: we're just fighting for first round bye at this point...

Edit: and there it is.... Blaho, Reigning, BT, Rabid, Kap'N AND Goodell will be playing for the remaining 3 spots in the Premier league. What a year

Wow, I sat both Mark Ingram and Michael Thomas but I still have a chance to win this week. Over 56 points left on my bench. It's been happening to me all year; lucky to be in 3rd place in the league with my record, because my points scored is lacking. I'm sure my dubious start/sit decision will come back to haunt me in the playoffs.

Rest in peace, win streak. Had a slim chance to pull out a victory tonight, but those hopes were quickly dashed when Matthews got hurt.

Still in good position to win the division, would have liked to clinch this week though.

Glad to see we have some interesting playoff races shaping up, I'll post the updated standings either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I would be within 1 game of first in my division had I started Tyreek Hill over Jordy Nelson and Dez. Time to drop some other dead weight though.

Hustler

Rest in peace, win streak. Had a slim chance to pull out a victory tonight, but those hopes were quickly dashed when Matthews got hurt.

Still in good position to win the division, would have liked to clinch this week though.

Glad to see we have some interesting playoff races shaping up, I'll post the updated standings either tomorrow or Wednesday.

If it wasn't for Cousins and Reed going off, you'd still have your streak, good game out there. Unless I go on an unplanned winning streak, doesn't look like I'll make it to the playoffs this year. My total points for the season is not doing me any tiebreaker favors.

Nice to see that asterisk finally by my team name in GJL2. Too bad the bye week is out of reach.

Congrats! I still haven't technically clinched the bye, even though I'd likely win a potential tiebreaker between us. Fantasy is weird, I'm not taking anything for granted.

If it wasn't for Cousins and Reed going off, you'd still have your streak, good game out there. Unless I go on an unplanned winning streak, doesn't look like I'll make it to the playoffs this year. My total points for the season is not doing me any tiebreaker favors.

Definitely ended up closer than expected after the nightmare that Thursday was! I think we have a pretty interesting race shaping up for the last few spots in GJL2.

On that note, standings will be up soon. Didn't have time to pull them today, unfortunately!

It's the last season of the week! Make or break time for many teams. Here are the...

WEEK 13 STANDINGS

GJLP

wfo0CMH.png

What a week to lose Jordan Reed and Gronk :(

If only someone would have told me I'd have to start Lance Kendricks, Boyd, and Boldin for my playoff life when this season started.

If Dinosaur Boner switches out his inactive kicker the final playoff slot will go down to the wire.

Won't matter if Rabid can hold on for the win vs. Jameis. It would matter should OGF lose that game due to Boner's lack of kicking points thus keeping him with 5 wins and BT with a OGF and Lobster losses backs into the playoffs. Kap'N and I are out of the point consideration should we lose...ours is the true playoff game...which is gonna come down to performance of our stars. Will Jennings score...OBJ? That could be the difference.

BT is the big loser under your scenario. Be interesting to see if it plays out that way and that's the difference. Edit...game is underway. Non-playing kicker is locked in. Send this dude back to the D-league and since we only have a C-league...boot him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom