• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2016 |OT| Make Fantasy Football Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Packers on the 2 yard line, passing TD.
Bears on the 1 yard line, Langford vulture.
SD on the 1 yard line, passing TD.

None of my RBs are getting the goal line TDs. Bsd newwwws.

I know I only got third place, but I'm buying a DJ jersey. In a year full of disappointments, he has been a freaking legend. Sorry I let you down David...

GG Kelika and congrats on the title.
Good Season everyone.

Runner-Up for the 2nd year in a row (GJL2 last year) but at least I'm super consistent. Studs showed up for Kelika and there's no shame in losing to an explosive Rodgers+Dez+Bell trio, that's the exact reason you draft them. I feel like I way overachieved and got a lot of breaks to get to the finals, so I'm happy with the season. Really looking forward to next year. Thanks for the fun, guys.

GG Kelika and congrats on the title.
Good Season everyone.

Runner-Up for the 2nd year in a row (GJL2 last year) but at least I'm super consistent. Studs showed up for Kelika and there's no shame in losing to an explosive Rodgers+Dez+Bell trio, that's the exact reason you draft them. I feel like I way overachieved and got a lot of breaks to get to the finals, so I'm happy with the season. Really looking forward to next year. Thanks for the fun, guys.

Yeah this league has been amazing. It was a ton more competitive than my $60 buy-in league, and that's insane. It's been great playing with y'all, and can't wait to do it again next year!

Congratulations to kelik, kingocfs, and Violence Jack for winning their respective titles!

I will prepare a "trophy ceremony" of sorts for later tonight for our winners, and will cover a few other items. Stay tuned!

Welcome all to the...

2016 GAF JUSTICE LEAGUE AWARD CEREMONY

First order of business: fire this song up.

I'd like to thank Arkos for starting this wonderful tradition and providing me with all the tools to succeed. It's been my pleasure to carry the torch for the 2016 season.

Furthermore, thank you to everyone who participated this year! We had three competitive leagues and managed to keep everything very civil all year, which is too often a rarity in fantasy football. Special shout outs to youngplaya21 and KingV for graciously stepping up to the plate and serving as commissioners for GJLP and GJL3.

And now, without further ado, let us commence the award ceremony! We begin with...

e2TIEbE.png

Our first award of the night is the newly christened Cyan Trophy, given to the regular season champion (and probably the biggest LSU fan too). It's not easy to come out on top across 13 weeks, but someone's gotta do it. GJL3's winner is...

IQ2peKG.png

Cyan Trophy
Regular Season Champion
Vx9ocLP.jpg

wbsmcs (Straight Cash Homie)

Congratulations! Let's move onto our second award of the night, another new addition to the GJL tradition - the Lionel Mandrake Trophy, awarded to the team with the best name. You may think your team has a better name than the winner, but you are almost certainly wrong. GJL3's winner is...

ssjjenz.png

Lionel Mandrake Trophy
Best Team Name
1xlGnlQ.png

thebigmanjosh (Golden Tate Warriors)

Hey, the 1-12 team has to get a consolation prize or some sort, right? Moving on, we have a third new award, the Gromph Trophy. This award goes to the team that scored the most points during the regular season. GJL3's winner is...

1MdHgau.png

Gromph Trophy
Most Points Scored
Vx9ocLP.jpg

wbsmcs (Straight Cash Homie)

Wow, another one! Now let's turn our attention to which team stomped their way trough the playoffs to claim sole ownership of the GJL3 championship. Ladies and gentleman, I present the winner of the blame space trophy...

qn85MK8.png

blame space trophy
GJL3 Champion
JlJyKDN.png

Violence Jack (VJs Redemption Squad)

How about that? Three straight victories from the 5-seed in the playoffs, and we have a new GJL3 Champion. Congratulations!

Stay tuned, folks, we're just getting started here. Next up: GJL2!

Let's continue the...

fz5aJq4.png

We return to the Cyan Trophy, again given to the regular season champion. GJL2's winner is...

IQ2peKG.png

Cyan Trophy
Regular Season Champion
tggUXjd.png

The Outsider (Cap's Kooky Quartet)

Hey, that's me! Go me! The fantasy football equivalent of being the Champion of Life! Let's press onto the second recipient of this year's Lionel Mandrake Trophy, awarded to the team with the best name. This one won't be me. GJL2's winner is...

ssjjenz.png

Lionel Mandrake Trophy
Best Team Name
6qySf1A.png

GatorBait (GJLP Bound)

He's headed to GJL3, in case anyone was wondering. Now, let's find out who the winner of the Gromph Trophy was for GJL2...

1MdHgau.png

Gromph Trophy
Most Points Scored
597rGl5.jpg

Rudakus (Rudakus's Team)

Congrats, Rudakus! That three-headed attack of Zeke, DJ, and Lamar ain't nothing to fuck with. It was enough to get you to the championship, but was it enough to carry you all the way? Let's find out, here's the GJL2 Champion, the winner of the Bish Trophy...

VGFFYkI.png

Bish Trophy
GJL2 Champion
DdfT2HP.jpg

kingocfs (kingocfs)

The 2-seed in the playoffs pulls off the victory in the championship on the backs of great games from Rodgers and Bell. A big round of applause for our new GJL2 Champion, please!

It's time for the big leagues now. What does GJLP have in store for us?

We're almost done. It's the....

4bEf2sW.png

Our final 2016 winner of the Cyan Trophy, given to the regular season champion of GJLP is...

IQ2peKG.png

Cyan Trophy
Regular Season Champion
5VKdRdh.png

youngplaya21 (King Jameis)

Two commishes on top during the regular season. We swear there wasn't any funny business! The last recipient of this year's Lionel Mandrake Trophy, awarded to the team with the best name in GJLP is...

ssjjenz.png

Lionel Mandrake Trophy
Best Team Name
o3oImGs.png

SleazyC (Putin Karate Chop)

More relevant than ever. Okay, now who was GJLP's winner of the Gromph Trophy?

1MdHgau.png

Gromph Trophy
Most Points Scored
5VKdRdh.png

youngplaya21 (King Jameis)

Another repeat performer, and another DJ owner? Coincidence? I think not! And at last, we've arrived at the final award of the night - the Lore Trophy. This is the Cuban, baby. This is the Cohiba, the Montecristo. The best of the best. Your GJLP Champion...

drum roll, please

ET35ojo.png

LoreTrophy
GJLP Champion
4AJcZmP.jpg

kelik (Kelika Beasts)

Another 2-seed carried to victory with great games from Rodgers and Bell (not to mention Bryant and his TD pass!) Wow! Congratulations, kelik, on a fantastic season, and staking your claim atop GAF Justice League in 2016.

And that's all! Thank you again to everyone for making this a very successful year for fantasy football. If you have any feedback or musings on anything this year, please share. Good, bad, I want to hear it. I hope to see everyone back next year, but until then, you're always welcome to hang out in this thread.

Have a good evening!

I'm still in shock. I just barely scraped by to make the playoffs and thought I'd be put out pretty quickly. But if anything, I learned Yahoo's projections aren't worth a damn as I was the underdog in my last 5 games only to win 4 of them.

I'd like to thank the Packers offense for finally getting their shit together. A-Rod and Jordy carried my team in the last few weeks.

And this was by far the hardest team I've had to manage. Everyone was competitive and made me really think hard about my lineups each week. Looking forward to the challenges of GJL2 next season.

Compbros

This league was way more fun than my other one and I won that one. Competitive throughout the whole year and very few people that dropped out.

Oh wow, it's almost that time of the year again. How time flies.

I'll try to have a new thread up within the next few days so that we're not scrambling at the last minute like last year.

Hey all, just wanted to chime in and say I haven't forgotten about you. I've been busy over the past week, but will have a new thread up by Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom