• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Soccer/Fútbol/Fussball Thread 2011/2012 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Meus Renaissance said:
Stream fixture list:

Friday 26th: Messi (aka Barcelona) v Porto

Saturday 27th: Liverpool v Bolton

Sunday 28th: Manchester United v Arsenal
Didn't know You streamed matches, Bring on sunday :p

Atleast arsenal fans should get to see some signings now they've qualified. you guys still in for hazard??

K1LLER7 said:

Atleast arsenal fans should get to see some signings now they've qualified. you guys still in for hazard??
Hazard says he's staying at Lille, but our interest's there I think.

omgkitty

K1LLER7 said:

There are rumors that Wenger actually wants him, but unless we pay 30 million or so (not that it should be a problem) I seriously doubt it's going to happen.

omgkitty said:
Can't wait to see how Wilshere and Frimpong do side by side. I know they played a lot together in the U-18's, so I have a feeling they will play very well together.

Should have some good chemistry with the youngsters coming through. Aneke and Afobe have played with Frimpong and Wilshere since they were all really young. Need to take a leaf out of Fergie's book and mix them better with experienced winners bought in.

Meus Renaissance said:
Stream fixture list:

Friday 26th: Messi (aka Barcelona) v Porto

Saturday 27th: Liverpool v Bolton

Sunday 28th: Manchester United v Arsenal
Can you do the Champions League draw? Good job with the games by the way.

ShogunX

Verano said:
look at the stats. Aldershot deserved their 2-1 win over West Ham.

Point is getting beat by a league two side at home is really bad. Only goes to show just how dodgy these early Carling Cup ties can be for teams.

Aldershot have only won One game out of four so far in the league and are 20th in the league.

omgkitty

Tweet from Arseblog. Nice to hear. Hopefully there would be a midfielder in there too.

arseblog: Liam Brady on signings - "I think he'll get a centre-half, a left back maybe too. I'd like to see a striker too, but maybe I'm greedy"

Fady K

Sage00 said:
Speaking of Howard Webb, did anyone see the red card in the Genk v Maccabi Haifa game? He sent someone off when his opponent tripped over his own feet. Easily one of the worst referees at the top level of the game. World Cup final lol.

Oh man. This guy has a terrible record. Someone give him another job >_<

nemesun

Wenger very cautious about future signings

'I cannot give you any names tonight. I will not lie and say we will sign anyone tomorrow. We are still trying hard but remember we have alot of players to come back'
Business as usual.

Fady K

I hope Arsenal put up a much bigger fight than Tottenham did at Old Trafford.

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Didn't see the match but I am still certain it wasn't worse than the standard in seria a. It's really bad, like Øvrebø in every match.

We might as well send Howard Webb there so he would feel right at home. Sorry that your team lost today, what is the agg. score?

Vivalaraza said:
Well in Arsenal. Wanted them to get through tonight. Didn't see the entire game but still look shaky at the back so I expect United to win the premiere league

Fixed :p ManU seem to me way above everyone else in the league right now.

rvy

Banned
cPPFc.png

Fady K

nemesun said:
Now here's hoping for a piss easy CL group and a miracle at Old Trafford.

The problem at Old Trafford is miracles don't exist for the visitors. Chelsea got the one miracle 2 years ago. But seeing miracles at Old Trafford would make the league much more surprising :D

PaulLFC said:

Now we will be paying extra attention to Samir in Man City's leg against ManU at OT :p

ShogunX

Nasri, 24, said: "Arsenal have good fans but not that passionate since they moved from Highbury.

"City fans are really passionate. When we played against City, the crowd was amazing. That's what I want."

Behave yourself. Absolutely NOTHING to do with the money.

Messi

In the Camp Nou shop, a full 85% of shoppers who buy an official team jersey with a player’s name on the back choose these five letters: MESSI.

--

Kinda shocked the number is that high considering the world class talent barca have. then again, my first kit each season is a messi kit.

avaya

Messi said:
In the Camp Nou shop, a full 85% of shoppers who buy an official team jersey with a player’s name on the back choose these five letters: MESSI.

--

Kinda shocked the number is that high considering the world class talent barca have. then again, my first kit each season is a messi kit.

If Messi wasn't in the team, they'd win fuck all.

WJD

elseanio said:
If anyone hasn't signed the petition relating to Hillsborough and would like to, please do so. 100,000 target was reached, but need to keep the momentum going. Open to UK citizens only.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199

CWFBn.jpg
Signed it last week but had no idea it reached 100,000! What does it mean in the grand scheme of things? How likely is it that a positive decision might actually be made?

operon

is that nasri thing abit like Chelsea tweeting the other week that torres has scored a great overhead bicycle kick.............................. in training.

Fady K

Messi said:

--

Wow, I knew it would be high but 85% when you have Xavi, Iniesta, and a slew of other big name players? Pretty awesome. The guy is huge. In the country I live in, everyone either loves Messi, or Ronaldo :p

Messi

avaya said:
If Messi wasn't in the team, they'd win fuck all.

I honestly don't believe that. sure they would score alot less goals, sure they would win less but winning fuck all? not a chance. messi is not the only world class player on that team. some think xavi is almost as important, i tend to agree. without xavi, messi looks alot more human.

MPW

this gala team is awesome, will be turkish champs

WTF is wrong with this ref?

3 red cards to gs players for what? bs

Messi

avaya said:
Lol no. Except he was in the team, for many years. They did win fuck all.

lol, keep pretending xavi hasn't grown into a top class player. I can not be arsed pulling out his stats..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom