• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

kharma45

Day 5, BT yet to fix the broadband in my area. Bastards.

Doing revision, listening to music so here's my AOTYs:
Chrvches
Lorde
Arcade Fire
QOTSA
Biffy Clyro (because they were v good live)

Also started listening to Lana Del Rey. Enjoying it, after engaging in the gaf negativity pile-upon when she first appeared.

Isn't he about 9?

Email a board member. I did that on my grandfathers behalf and it was sorted in no time.

sohois

Thanks, what a mess. Interesting with Tata, guess it explains a bit why they picked him.

Do you know anything about Bruno Zuculini at Racing? City bought him last month (£2m) but won't get him until after Final. He was promising (but had expiring contract) and seems to be box-to-box, just a bit random that they would get him of all players in the world.

Thanks, is it a similar situation in Brazil atm you think? They also too always seemed to have financial troubles but at least they are currently producing talents which they can sell.

As Jupp already mentioned, the situation in Brazil is mighty different from what y'all been seeing in Argentina. In the end, Brazil is one the of the BRICS and a very rapidly growing economy. Yes there are a number of things to derail that but for the moment there is every sign that the Brazilian leagues could soon join the european leagues for financial power. Heck, you think that Corinthians Tevez offer was just a joke?

Kyoufu

I'm behind on this Heitinga business - what did the West Ham's owner's kid say?

Turned down Wet Spam in favour of Newcastle apparently. Other people are saying the same thing but eh... he's 30 years old. I doubt it's true.

I also have no idea who he is. Faridmon help me out.

confuziz

Banned
Turned down Wet Spam in favour of Newcastle apparently. Other people are saying the same thing but eh... he's 30 years old. I doubt it's true.

I also have no idea who he is. Faridmon help me out.

Heitinga played during the world cup final...come on dude..

Hixx

OT12| SADLY HEITINGA will not be joining us

OT12| Gunners on top, our rightful spot.

OT12| Official Football•Soccer•Fútbol•Fussball Thread

ibrvQn1MNa5W8x.gif

Salvadora

To go back to Costa, when Arsenal were linked all their fans were saying "No chance in the summer, loads of bigger teams will be in for him." What bigger teams? Football fans seem to believe that Real Madrid are just going to sign everyone, or something. Realistically, the only teams on Arsenal's level that will be going for a striker are Real and Chelsea. Still tough competition, but certainly not loads of bigger clubs blocking Arsenal's path. For a club in the Europa League, there'll be maybe 10 or 12 teams ahead of them, but it seems to me there are more than enough players to go around for that number.

tl:dr
PL teams are so much richer and more famous they can easily attract big names even without the CL.
Very well said.

Few clubs match Arsenal in terms of financial fluidity, status and allure.

Messi

Yurt what is this about Pogba saying it is his dream to play for Barça? EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

EUROPA LEAGUE HAS YOUR PLAYERS DREAMING OF BIGGER THINGS.

CONTE PLS. RELEASE PSG.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt what is this about Pogba saying it is his dream to play for Barça? EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

EUROPA LEAGUE HAS YOUR PLAYERS DREAMING OF BIGGER THINGS.

CONTE PLS. RELEASE PSG.

old quote and out of context.

he said Arsenal too :)

Clegg

Does anyone else think this transfer window will be underwhelming for the bigger clubs?

It'll probably underwhelming in general actually.

Wes

venison crêpe
Just unearthed this gem.

BbPGK9bIAAAJj5B.jpg:large

Moyes and Lambert at the Atletico v Porto game on 11th of December.

#KokeToVilla
More likely, #DefourToVilla

LTWheels

Do you think Diame is worth a pop this January? There is a couple of very weak rumours. With a release clause of £3.5m, it's not bad way of strengthening our squad considering we have spent much more on the likes of Aspas, Alberto, Borini, Ilori etc...

sohois

Do you think Diame is worth a pop this January? There is a couple of very weak rumours. With a release clause of £3.5m, it's not bad way of strengthening our squad considering we have spent much more on the likes of Aspas, Alberto, Borini, Ilori etc...

Jesus Christ, I though the "we need a big shithouse DM" rumours would have thoroughly died a death with the performance of the midfield after Hull. Why on earth would Liverpool need some player who can't do anything except push a few other cunts other for no reason. This isn't manchester, ffs.

Walshy

No thanks, there is much better opportunities outside of the English league. Diame has about one good game in ten. He's average.

We need quality, not quantity. Would much rather us go for some of the other names we've been linked with: Matic, Maitudi, Fernando, M'Villa and Rakitić.

All of them would improve us (although Matic and Maitudi would be unlikely). Diame would be an understudy for Lucas, I think we need to upgrade Lucas if we make the top four.

Jesus Christ, I though the "we need a big shithouse DM" rumours would have thoroughly died a death with the performance of the midfield after Hull. Why on earth would Liverpool need some player who can't do anything except push a few other cunts other for no reason. This isn't manchester, ffs.
We do need another defensive midfeilder though. I agree on Diame though, he's just average.

sohois

Ok, so Wilbur must have literally killed himself at his inability to respond to that 2 dicks thread, right? Freewheelin', please tell us that Wilbur is still ok

LTWheels

No thanks, there is much better opportunities outside of the English league. Diame has about one good game in ten. He's average.

We need quality, not quantity. Would much rather us go for some of the other names we've been linked with: Matic, Maitudi, Fernando, M'Villa and Rakitić.

All of them would improve us (although Matic and Maitudi would be unlikely). Diame would be an understudy for Lucas, I think we need to upgrade Lucas if we make the top four.

I don't think we will be able to get an upgrade this January. I strongly doubt we will sign any of those players that we are linked with.

Top Bottom