• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Salvadora

Seriously annoyed at what Moyes has done with Fabio.

Just a random thought.
It just doesn't seem fair.

I looked up his stats and saw that he's made 2(!) apps this season, with only one of those in the league. For comparison, Buttner has made 3 times that. He hasn't even been given a chance.

Fergie

Banned
Seriously annoyed at what Moyes has done with Fabio.

Just a random thought.
Has he said anything?

I don't know if Fabio is being lackluster in training. But he must see how Smalling and Valencia right flank is really dire.
Or how Evra is tending to his defensive duties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd7zxQxcteg

ibw9ufWuGoCuMW.png

pls

Salvadora

i don't even get it but ok

last roll of the dive it is

The commentator during the United/Spurs match described Ashley Young's introduction late into the second half as, "a last throw of the dice". Presumably it's that added to United's general (disgraceful) antics.

Elchele

The commentator during the United/Spurs match described Ashley Young's introduction late into the second half as, "a last throw of the dice". Presumably it's that added to United's general (disgraceful) antics.

weak, who watches mid table english football to get the reference anyway

LegoArmo

It just doesn't seem fair.

I looked up his stats and saw that he's made 2(!) apps this season, with only one of those in the league. For comparison, Buttner has made 3 times that. He hasn't even been given a chance.

Has he said anything?

I don't know if Fabio is being lackluster in training. But he must see how Smalling and Valencia right flank is really dire.
Or how Evra is tending to his defensive duties.

It's weird how Fergie or Moyes neither gave him a chance, and actually favor the lesser talented Buttner. Fabio must be a lazy trainer or something.

I don't think he's said anything. Ferguson liked Fabio enough to play him in a Champions League final when he was much younger, and a lot of people thought he was possibly the more talented twin.

He was basically like Rafael, but without the anger/fire/attitude. I've never seen anything from him to suggest he'd be anything but a solid player, certainly better than Buttner and probably less absent minded in defence than Evra.

It's weird, something must be going on in training, or behind the scenes.

Elchele

I wonder how the average guy in a middle east country feels about some guys using all the money from the resources of their country to fund absurd transfer fees and salaries for european football clubs.

It's weird how Fergie or Moyes neither gave him a chance, and actually favor the lesser talented Buttner. Fabio must be a lazy trainer or something.

Fergie didn't favor Buttner over Fabio. Fergie just thought Fabio would get more playing time on loan than at United because he always favored Evra.

Requeim

Fergie didn't favor Buttner over Fabio. Fergie just thought Fabio would get more playing time on loan than at United because he always favored Evra.

This. It's more that Moyes doesn't seem to rate him at all. As others have speculated, i also think it might have to do with what's going on behind the scenes/at training sessions.

Fabio is a lot better than Buttner, and before he went to QPR i also thought he was better going forward than Rafael (while Rafael was a better defender overall and worked a bit harder perhaps). I would hate if we got rid without giving him a chance.

Salvadora

-------------Szczesny---------
Sagna--Zouma-BFG-Gibbs
----------Ramsey-Arteta------
Walcott-----Ozil------Draxler
---------------Costa--------------

Works for me.

Meier

I would be surprised if Zouma didn't end up at one of the Manchester clubs if he comes to the Premier League. Both teams have been after him for ages and would probably offer more than Arsenal would. We'll see how it all pans out. He can't even play until after the window closes so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I wonder how the average guy in a middle east country feels about some guys using all the money from the resources of their country to fund absurd transfer fees and salaries for european football clubs.
Is this related to PSG?

Qatar has the highest gdp per capita in the world. UAE not far behind.

wedward

I would be surprised if Zouma didn't end up at one of the Manchester clubs if he comes to the Premier League. Both teams have been after him for ages and would probably offer more than Arsenal would. We'll see how it all pans out. He can't even play until after the window closes so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

All the major teams scout and are "after" all major players. Dumb to think otherwise.

justjohn

It still feels strange when i hear the word 'champions' in regards to manchester united. they've fallen so far so quickly that its hard to believe they're actually the defending champions. it actually feels like its city not united who are defending their title.

Is this related to PSG?

Qatar has the highest gdp per capita in the world. UAE not far behind.
Qatar also has a high Gini coefficient over 41 (as of the latest World Bank statistic from 2007).

I (as someone with no connection to Qatar) question why QIA thought PSG was a sound investment, considering the ludicrously awful situation of football finance, revenues, and (lack of) profits.

Meier

All the major teams scout and are "after" all major players. Dumb to think otherwise.

That is certainly true, but City and United have been heavily involved for years now. He personally claimed he turned down a fairly big deal from us back in January 2012 (€50k per week). United have been formally after him since at least 2012 as well. It would surprise me if he didn't move to one of the two clubs if he moved to England in January.

Barzul

Sagna's replacement will have to be very carefully chosen. Probably the most consistent performer on this team and over the years.

Meier

I'm excited to get Powell and Henriquez back. Lingard will be a preferable squad player to Young.

Recalling Henriquez seems kinda pointless unless you sell Chicharito and then, do you really think Henriquez will offer more than Chicha at this point? Powell could be handy to have around I guess.

Top Bottom