• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
It annoys me that people still talk about Allen as though he's useless. I'm far from his biggest fan, but he's been good enough this season (Goodison miss aside) and is well worth a prominent squad role at least. Clearly not the role we or he envisioned when we bought him, but still.

Whenever I see him play he seems to cautious. He only seems to want to play the ball sideways.

GQman2121

Banned
Finalized my votes for the GOTY thread. Did a top 3 because I can only think of four games I finished this year.

TLoU
GTA V
Guacamelee

Spent so much time playing and unlocking these platinum trophies that it's likely why I've only added to the backlog this year.

The fourth is Tomb Raider which is one of the worst games I've played in recent memory.

I own but have yet to touch:

Puppeteer
Tearaway
Batman Vita
BioShock Infinite
GOW: Ascension
RE: Revelations
Blood Dragon

Damn GameFly sales and then PSN this week have me piling up my backlog.

GorillaJu

It annoys me that people still talk about Allen as though he's useless. I'm far from his biggest fan, but he's been good enough this season (Goodison miss aside) and is well worth a prominent squad role at least. Clearly not the role we or he envisioned when we bought him, but still.

I think because he's small and technically skillfull on the ball people thought he was an attacking midfielder, but he's very much a box-to-box or defensive type. At Swansea he played further up the pitch because they didn't have any proper playmakers at the time. When Sigurdsson came in on loan, Allen dropped into a holding/recycling position.

wedward

The only thing that City have in their favour is that they play entertaining Football and their players are, in some cases, genuinely likeable.

True. But give me a billion dollars to spend and I will build a team full of relatively likeable players who play nice stuff.

It's not an accomplishment.

pulga

Banned
lightning why
A1YXKcN.gif
A1YXKcN.gif
A1YXKcN.gif

@r4six !

pls i cant what have you done

BeIt8vpIIAA4hwO.jpg

Meier

Ooh Guidetti did get 11 minutes or so. Anyone see any of that game? I can't imagine there was much interest in Palace-Stoke here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom